Baldur's Gate 3 - Preview @RockPaperShotgun

So it actually happens. Wow.

As I've expected Swen seems to know exactly what made Baldur's Gate the game it was. I hope they can stay true to the core.

The only thing that worries me a bit is the announcement that multiplayer will be big.

Yes, it's hard to say how well Larian's approach will work with the Forgotten Realms setting. It's sure to be creative; I just hope it isn't too goofy. Although BG had its goofy moments.

No word yet regarding RTwP yet, was there?
Considering it's BG3 I'd assume RTwP, but considering Larian had biggest success with TB, well...I still hope for TB or a system which makes both possible.

No word yet regarding RTwP yet, was there?
Considering it's BG3 I'd assume RTwP, but considering Larian had biggest success with TB, well…I still hope for TB or a system which makes both possible.
I hope they'll show gameplay at E3. It does make sense to show how it works rather then just talk about it.

Add me to the excited list.

I’m not worried about larian’s “style” or them making the game too humorous or colorful. I think they know the source material and will respect it. BG did have humor after all. Also there was nothing funny, cheerful or colorful about that trailer. :)

I wasn’t a big fan of there over use of the elements in there combat system but i think still to D&D rules should remedy that.

Now i’m Just waiting to hear if its TB or RTWP. Either is fine with me.

So happy to hear that a major fantasy setting rpg is in the works... I never tire of wizards and elves and forests.

I think the are also the perfect studio to do this and hope they take their time.
Just not too much time. I miss Viconia.

Very excellent news!

BG games were full of silly stuff "Butt kicking—For Goodness!" giant miniature space hamsters, etc.

I'm a little tired of the forgotten realms. And I felt like the BG games went through a checklist of D&D nostalgia, which was fun, but I'd like to not revisit all that stuff again.

Overall, I'm thrilled. I'll have my jar of Keoghtum's Ointment ready.

I'm a little tired of the forgotten realms. And I felt like the BG games went through a checklist of D&D nostalgia, which was fun, but I'd like to not revisit all that stuff again.

Overall, I'm thrilled. I'll have my jar of Keoghtum's Ointment ready.

You do realize this is going to take place in the same setting and location as the older games, right?

I was thinking: is this another indication that the computer RPG leadership is passing to Europe? EA (and Bioware) is being destroyed from within by bean counters, while Obsidian and inXile are being assimilated by the Borg. Bethesda may end up the only prominent American RPG company left.

Back
Top Bottom