DA:O Romances: Choices, Choices, Choices

Dragon Age: Origins

Thrasher

Wheeee!
WARNING!!!! SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

OK, this is probably trivial and pointless, by being entirely too agreeable and nice it now looks like I've got 3 possible romances to pursue. If I talk to Morrigan, she'll invite me to a roll n the hay. It looks like Leiliani is getting amorous, not to mention Zenfrin (or was it afrin?). So I don't want to mess this game up and piss off 2 of them. Is there a way to proceed without annoying anyone?

What's to gain or lose by picking one of them? I just feel like roleplaying this one, rather than power gaming it. But don't want to break my game or miss out on any awesomeness (or trinket).

I still haven't found a way to keep more than one. The only thing you really "get" is a lot of influence with that person, but if you romance two people and have to let one of them down, their influence drops a lot.

There might be a way to keep two or more even in the long run, but I have not been able to find it.

Oh, and it's Zevran. :)

I had a romance with Morrigan and Zevran at the same time, also flirted with Leliana and didn't piss anyone. Choices without consequences.

I had a romance with Morrigan and Zevran at the same time, also flirted with Leliana and didn't piss anyone. Choices without consequences.

That's not entirely unrealistic though, except if they all knew about it :)

Morrigan gave me a nice ring. Leliana hasn't given me crap :)

Influence bonus is the only advantage really worth anything. They gain a plot skill if you really make them happy. :rolleyes: You can always build that up with your jilted lovers by giving them the right gifts. ;)

Ive been trying to get Leilana to get down w/ my rogue, but she was a tough one. I gave her all the right gifts that had her plussing like crazy, and she seemed like she was getting real warm (and moist) towards me…. er her. Then, I had to get Zevran's assassin know-how, things went a little too far, and everything just fell apart from there….

Surprisingly, Draconia slept w/ Zevran, pissing off Leilana royally - then got a little confrontational w/ Leilana over it w/ unexpected results. While I think sapphic snuggles are pretty much out of the question at this point, she actually parted w/ her on good terms. Actually i got a +3 out of that tiff w/ her believe it or not!

I haven't done the dirty with either of them yet, but they're now forcing me to choose. Both of them are at ultimatum points, so it's one or the other.

Every time I talk with Leiliani she initiates either a drop Morrigan dialogue (when not in camp) or the "aren't nights relaxing" romance dialogue, which pushes the romance deeper. If Morrigan gets upset I can drop Leliani and get a nice +2 willpower ring from Morrigan. Not sure if there is an advantage to going the other way to continue to pursue Lelianai and drop Morrigan. Sigh… No lesbian 3-way for me. And they call this roleplaying? ;)

I wonder if I should get the ring and suffer Morrigan's probably deeper wrath by dumping here or forget about Leilani?

This is messy enough without trying to bring Zevran into the picture, although it's probably worth a try later to see what happens. ;)

Morrigan gave me a nice ring. Leliana hasn't given me crap :)

I believe Leliana plays a special song for you while in camp - it is suppose to be very good. I never romanced her though so only know from what I read on the forums.

Why don't you just roleplay having 3 lovers at once? ;)

On my second playthrough, I was sorta gaming the romance system and as a result my noble dwarvette was able to bed all 3 candidates in one go.

She tented Zevran fast, then rallied all three to the point where all wanted to make her choose when player dialogue was initiated.
However, raising disposition via gifts or events makes some NPCs initiate their quest dialogues etc, thus I finished Alistair´s personal quest, then raised his disposition to 100 and upon returning to camp he initiated the combo which ended in more tent action. I also finished Leliana´s quest somewhere in between, so after Alistair´s initiation, the rest of the romantic square proceeded to check up on certain lady´s booty.

Afterwards, romances with Alistair and Leliana were broken and Zevran became one and only for a while.
However, much later I noticed that Leliana had still her personal quest followup dialogue sitting there, and surprisingly, my sexually predative pc managed to re-initiate the romance with her via it. Then it was only a matter of booting Zevran, showering Leliana with cakes and bones to get her disposition to 100 and her tent got blessed as well.

Maybe there are similar ways to get most of the romantic content in one go for male characters too.

I believe Leliana plays a special song for you while in camp - it is suppose to be very good.

I don´t think it´s romance related. My guess is, it just triggers if you finish the main dalish quest with her.
It´s quite a nice, though kitschy, touch with some unintentionally funny bits in the mix.

Supposedly one can have one's way with Morrigan, and then when Leilani confronts you, you can lie to to her using Coercion, and defuse the situation.

I don't get a lie option when she confronts me.

So, what's the trick (so to speak)? ;)

I did, but after I slept with Morrigan again, Leliana confronted me once more and told me something like "how stupid do you think I am? There's a limit as to how much you're "discussing" in your tent.. ".

I just don't get how all this work , it appeared that i was related with Zevran and didn't knew it !

I chose the worst possible ending (ultimate sacrifice) for my character and in the epilogue it said that Zevran mourned for his lost love ...thing is that i was related with Leliana and never tried to romance the guy , okay my relation with him was good but never flirty

Thanks, Marylander. Something to look forward to! ;)

So I decided to resolve this soap opera last night, roleplaying a fickle elf who has commitment issues. ;)

Accepted Morrigan's tent offer, then talked to her again, where she confronted me about Leilana. A told her I'd break it off (lie)… Then she gave me a +2 willpower ring. Talked to Morrigan again, and I got a second ring through the same forced dialogue tree! Hah, 2 rings. I think I found a bug. Now Morrigan's approval is maxed at 100. She practically purrs… ;) This is too good to last…

Then I talked to Leilani, who forces the whole "night is comforting" dialogue and I take the good romance options. Talked to her again and she forces the Morrgan or me ultimatum. I pick Leilani and get +1 Leilani approval, but around -23 Morrigan approval. Ouch.

Then talking with Morrigan again to let her know (why i got the approval drop without telling her earlier is a mystery). And manage to limit the damage to another -15 (vs -25). I assume dealing with Flemmeth should reboost approval…

So Morrigan is still warm but somewhat less friendly 62 … But I'm 2 rings richer and Leilani is almost at 100 approval.

I'll probably try the same thing with Zefran once his lock-picking and pickpocket skills are up to Leilani's level…

Last edited:
I don´t think it´s romance related. My guess is, it just triggers if you finish the main dalish quest with her.
It´s quite a nice, though kitschy, touch with some unintentionally funny bits in the mix.

Ah okay. I wasn't sure. I read a few discussions on her song and that people had thought it very good - but wasn't sure if that was a romance gift or something else.

Hmm I may have to take her with me to the Daelish then. I like her ok, just not interested in romancing her. Then I could hear the song.

I dont recall doing anything out of the ordinary to get her to sing, she just busted out singing one night at the campfire as I was having some regular convo w/ her. It was actually quite awkward and a bit unintentionally funny, i ended up hitting the escape key halfway thru.

I did the Dalish quest first, so she did it right after I completed it. However, I didnt take her on the quest, in fact Ive never taken her anywhere but camp.

Back
Top Bottom