Diablo 2 Resurrected - Mod Support Confirmed Plus PC Requirements

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on Diablo 2 Resurrected PC requirements and confirms there will be mod support.

According to the specs, PC gamers will at least need an Intel i3-3250 or AMD FX-4350 with 8GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7850. Blizzard recommends using an Intel Core i5-9600k or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 16GB of RAM. For gaming at 1080p, the team recommends using an Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT graphics card.

Diablo 2 Resurrected will release on PC in 2021. Below you can find its full PC requirements, as well as its first official screenshots.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Also it won't be an always online game and we can play it offline which is a big plus for me.

I'm a little surprised by those requirements, but I guess that's a testament to how much Blizzard put into this remaster. I only wish they had done the same with the StarCraft remaster.

Yeah, the requirements gave me pause also. I was expecting it to be optimized to infinity and back, and for it to run at decent settings even on a potatoe system.

I imagime the way it will run will highly depend on how crowded your screen will be during encounters. And I wonder how it'll run on ultrawide resolutions like 21:9. First if they'll even support it, as they said in some interview that ultrawide will have issues with AI activation and ranged projectiles, since the game culls both AI processing and anything outside the "expected" rendering range. So if they do decide to support ultrawide, they'll need to increase the range at which enemies AI trigger and how far from center will objects get handled.

So if they do support it, 21:9 will likely be even more of a burden. I never thought I'd play Diablo 2 and that it would keep my graphics card significantly warm, but that's what it's looking like.

Could also just be them targeting console-level hardware for performance, not worrying too much about optimising further for lower-end PCs. I reckon that goes on quite a lot.

Good to see it's offline. I do think there's enough people out there who care about it, to some degree, that it affects their thinking.

Uhm yeah that's a huge deal, my odds of buying this just skyrocketed, now that offline playability is confirmed. It's always nice to get some good news!

Back
Top Bottom