Divinity: Original Sin II - Feature Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest trailer for Divinity: Original Sin 2 shows off its features.

The eagerly anticipated sequel to the award-winning RPG. Gather your party. Master deep, tactical combat. Join up to 3 other players - but know that only one of you will have the chance to become a God.
More information.

This game looks like it's going to be a blast to play. It won't be a day 1 game for me because I haven't finished D:OS yet, and I also expect that they'll be revising the game for months after release. I expect to enjoy it quite a bit though when I finally get around to playing.

If there was one thing I wish they could have done though it would have been to expand the party beyond just 4 members. I can see that the multiplayer aspect is what limits that.

This game looks like it's going to be a blast to play. It won't be a day 1 game for me because I haven't finished D:OS yet, and I also expect that they'll be revising the game for months after release. I expect to enjoy it quite a bit though when I finally get around to playing.

I am in the same position. I've played through the first game twice enjoying my second team a lot more; loved the game. I am not going to buy right now because of other games that are waiting for me to begin play.

Like your JDR13 I am waiting to see if there is going to be a revision.

My CE will arrive tomorrow according to DHL (kudos to Larian for release day shipping!) but like you guys I will be waiting for the EE. I also have not even properly played part 1 yet. Started a few times, restarted, got sidetracked... the usual ;) .

Maybe next year around the same time... and then a back to back playthrough.

Surprising how many around here (including me) did not finish the first game. I'm feverishly playing it now, very addicted. One thing that's helping me is that from the get go I established an inventory management protocol to help me keep track of everything. Taking a few minutes to do this early on has helped me enjoy the game immensely. I remember becoming quite overwhelmed and annoyed by all the stuff my first play through. This time though, much better.

I still have to complete the first game as well. But I loved several parts of it, just got sidetracked by other games...the perennial problem, too many games!

erm, disliked first, and this looks to be on the same tone.
its the direction, vibe, personality of the game that i dislike.
my satisfaction doesnt come from fun, but from values, from grit and suffering
who knows, it might be covered by them, but they never sell it as such.
Tyranny is 10 times more attractive for me, serpent in the staglands also gets it.
Fallout 1 is probably the closest philosophically mature game this game could have as a standard.
i guess ill have to check for myself if this is a "Alice in wonderland" experience or not.

The comedy voice over for the trailer didn't do much for me - except make me wonder if there's going to be too much of a lame jokey tone again.

The actual RPG engine looks great.

Hmm if I start tonight will I be able to continue with that character when it releases?

I played the last one through. Then the 'enhanced' version shows up and… errr, gee, oh well. So, like you folks, I'm really not chomping at the bit to start playing this one. Let them fix it up first and see if we get any indications of an enhanced edition showing up later.

I can certainly understand folks not finishing the first game. That first town left you with basically no battles for several hours. (If you enjoyed that, you're going to love Torment: Tides of Numenera!) You can tell by the achievements that a LOT of people didn't make it through that murder mystery. What I don't understand is why those people would come back for a second game when they couldn't get through the first.

P.S. I sure hope they keep the humor! One if the first bits I read in D:OS1 was the clam saying "Call me Ishmashell." It was classic!

Hmm if I start tonight will I be able to continue with that character when it releases?

No save game compatibility between the early access and the full release.
It also does not make sense to "preload" (or keep the early access installed) as the changes are very extensive so you will have to redownload pretty much the entire game anyway. Release time is today/tomorrow at 5PM CET according to Larian (that's 11AM EDT).

The incline is here :)

The game looks great. Although, it will have to wait till the Christmas holidays before I can invest another 80 h into a game.

I sure hope they toned down on the comic element.

the problem is not the quantity of the comic element imo. compare F1 to DOS comic style, it reflects entirely different value systems

Back
Top Bottom