Dead State - Kickstarter Launched!

Hehe, yes I posted that there myself, actually :)

Currently at about 31,000. Not too bad, but keep in mind most Kickstarters have a huge first day, and then everything just drops, with a steady trickle, then a bit of a jump as time starts to run out.

Don't trust those trendlines until you are halfway through.

Also if anybody at Double Bear is reading, maybe you might want to try signing up for Kicking it Forward. Sometimes Brian Fargo will plug projects that are on their on his twitter. Granted there are some strong feelings against the idea, but there is a chance (though kinda slim) it could get some free publicity.

Hehe, yes I posted that there myself, actually :)

Heh, sorry. My reporting days are done. Screw proper attribution. This is the Internet, right? :p

Currently at about 31,000. Not too bad, but keep in mind most Kickstarters have a huge first day, and then everything just drops, with a steady trickle, then a bit of a jump as time starts to run out.

Don't trust those trendlines until you are halfway through.

Anything zombie is selling well these days. They were 45k something and after refreshing, they are 46k.

With the real Zombie attacks happening in Florida this should be a shoe win!! :) Good luck and I pledged.

Eh..? I just moved back to Florida last week. Now I have to worry about zombies?

Some guy was high on the drug they call "bath salts," got into a fight with another guy, had him down on the ground and was eating his face, when a cop shot him. That's the way I heard it anyway. Think that was in Fla. Not sure where this one was, but some woman split open her baby's head and was eating his or her brain some time after the face-eating incident.

Yeah.. I Googled it. The guy was apparently walking down a highway in Miami completely naked and randomly attacked a homeless man. The victim is in critical condition and will need facial reconstruction surgery. Pretty sick stuff...

Haven't seen anything relating to the other incident.

Haven't seen anything relating to the other incident.

You asked for it, you've got it. Bon a petit:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=6934865

Edit: I heard about these both word of mouth. Ever since I left the business, I rarely watch or read the news anymore. Upon further searching, it seems an old story, if you'll note the date on the link I posted above, may have been rehashed and recirculated in error recently. He's one site that has a short note about it. That source happens to be where I live. Probably a local thing:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...an-kills-infant-eats-brain.html#ixzz1wNxEknvK

Last edited:
Only two days in, and currently at 42%. Not bad.

Hmm, the game is certainly interesting - but I don't believe their budget! There is no way they can deliver this game with $150k, especially considering the dev team he's currently working with. I'll back the project if they go above $350k.. then there is at least a chance it'll succeed ;)

Why can't they do it with $150k? They have a long way to go - but they also have a reasonable amount to show for $0 (or perhaps some unknown but relatively small expenditure on art), working part-time.

Well - $150k is a nice sum of money if you win it in the lottery or something like that. But trying to run a company, it's not much.

First there's a fee for Kickstarter (around 10%). Then they also have to spend a little on the physical goods (plus setting aside work time to design, produce and order them). Then there is software licenses.

Obviously I cannot know what salary level the core guys are willing to work for, but the point would also be to bring in more people on contracts or full time. Those guys probably expect at least a reasonable salary - for which they also have to pay tax and so on. And insurance for their employees, etc. It just cost a lot of money to run a company.

They have done some impressive work so far, but it takes *a lot* of work to finish stuff up.. getting it polished, making it fun etc. And experience in keeping the right focus and knowing what to work more on and what is good enough. I respect the Iron Tower guys, but no-one can claim that they are known for keeping deadlines! ;)

Anyway, it's just my personal opinion that $150k is far from enough to create a game with the complexity they suggest... I'll be happy if I'm wrong...

Pledged! Thanks for the heads up Dhruin, been following this game but I would have had no idea.

If I keep funding projects that look interesting I will have to start my own kickstarter with the purpose of gathering funds to use for backing more kickstarter projects.

Yo dawg, I heard you like Kickstarters, so… :p

In my case, I've only kicked in for Dead State and Shadowrun so far.

Back
Top Bottom