Dying Light 2 - Has Extensive Dialogues

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Wccf Tech reports that Dying Light 2 had 40,000 lines of dialogues.

Dying Light 2 Has as Many Dialogue Lines as Mass Effect 3 or Fallout 3

After touting 500 hours for the game's full completion (through multiple playthroughs, of course), Dying Light 2 developer Techland has once again shared with its fans an estimate of how many lines of dialogues the game is going to have. The figure is 40K, which is around the same amount as BioWare's Mass Effect 3 or Bethesda's Fallout 3. Dying Light 2 also features 350K written words (the same amount as Tolstoy's Anna Karenina novel).

"350,000 words, 40,000 lines of dialogues - that's the world we've built for you in Dying Light 2 Stay Human. Are you ready to explore it?"

We've looked into other comparisons ourselves. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim had 47K lines of dialogues, while Oblivion stopped short at 30K. This figure highlights the shift towards roleplaying games made by Techland with Dying Light 2.

While the first game was definitely an action/adventure title, this one was designed around the idea that players would be able to influence the story, much like in an RPG, through a choice & consequence system. The Polish studio even hired Chris Avellone, one of the most experienced writers and designers on this kind of game, as the Narrative Designer of Dying Light 2, even though Techland eventually ended its cooperation with Avellone after the sexual harassment allegations made against him.

[...]
More information.

Let's just hope the quality matches the quantity. :)

Dying Light is a great game and they supported and added to it for various years. If they manage to at least keep the quality, DL2 will already be a great game.

It's one of the 3 games I expect to be GotY contenders this year (among STALKER 2 and Starfield).

These next weeks will be busy, with DL2, Elden Ring and Elex II. Nice.

I just can't do parkour or I'd probably love these.

Well, if the night bulletproof zombies are not a thing this time around maybe ill have a look, it could be good if they changed it… But i wouldn't bet my money on it. Sadly one of the worst game gimmicks of all time for me. Something about hitting someone with a shotgun at point blank and having zero effect just doesn't feel right. A hit Esc and quit moment for sure.:lol:

Well they had two extra years to shove more content in a finished game.:p

So I expect it to have an expansion and 100+ paid cosmetic DLC's again.

Oh lets not forget over three different editions oven ten years as well.:biggrin:

Something about the level of hype for this versus what I'm actually seeing in videos makes me extremely sceptical.

I hope I'm wrong.

Something about the level of hype for this versus what I'm actually seeing in videos makes me extremely sceptical.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm expecting a very bloated game with a lot of mediocre optional content that I'll be skipping.

I really enjoyed the first game though, and I'm optimistic that the core experience here is going to be good.

I'm expecting a very bloated game with a lot of mediocre optional content that I'll be skipping.

I really enjoyed the first game though, and I'm optimistic that the core experience here is going to be good.

I liked Dying Light well enough - even if I'm not a big fan of endless melee and parkour.

Truth be told, I think I actually enjoyed Dead Island a little more overall :)

I think DL2 looks interesting, but I'm not exactly spellbound.

I liked Dying Light well enough - even if I'm not a big fan of endless melee and parkour.

Truth be told, I think I actually enjoyed Dead Island a little more overall :)

I think DL2 looks interesting, but I'm not exactly spellbound.

I finally played through Dead Island last summer. I initially bounced off it hard at release, but decided to give the definitive edition a try and enjoyed it well enough.

The definitive edition is a huge improvement over the original imo, but I still like Dying Light more for the larger world and exploration. I'll probably play Riptide too eventually.

Back
Top Bottom