Legend - Hand of God - Hits Direct2Drive

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Legend: Hand of God from Master Creating is now available on Direct2Drive for USD$39.99. Here are the features as a reminder:

• Explore massive randomly generated dungeons populated with over 30 types of monsters and big bosses.
  • Fight scenes spring to life with fantastic 3D Cinematic Combat System.
  • Exciting storyline written by Susan O’Conner - Star Wars Galaxies and Gears Of War.
  • Search for the “Hand of God” in a campaign with over 30 challenging quests.
  • Create your character by combining 2 out of 5 skill paths; Path of the Warrior, Path of the Hunter, Path of the Villain, Path of the Magician, and Path of Faith.
  • Navigate through ARIS with a little help from a real-time light elf as she accompanies you, acting as your mouse cursor, companion and campaign guide.
  • Immerse yourself into the fantastic world of ARIS – made up of epic landscapes populated by Orcs, Goblins, Elves, Dwarfs and Humans.
Thanks, Eisberg!
More information.

I downloaded from D2D. I am really enjoying this game. I would put it somewhere between Titan Quest and Diablo 2, minus the multiplayer.

Is the combat turn based? That would be a deciding factor for me. And this is the English version right? I don't recall this being released in English as a box edition yet.

All right! Now we're talking... Hmm.. I don't know why I'm scared of this one. How long is the game? I think I remember it being rather short.

I can only say that I liked the demo, nothing more.

The graphics are imho quite good for a game of this sub-genre.

I think I'll give the demo a shot first, as I still haven't even started the new Silverfall yet ...

Will there be an english demo? I haven't seen one yet. I was afraid of installing the german demo thinking that if I bought the full english version at some point the code might get mixed up and I end up with half of each... But that's probably paranoia.

I thought the English demo was released last week?!

Will there be an english demo? I haven't seen one yet. I was afraid of installing the german demo thinking that if I bought the full english version at some point the code might get mixed up and I end up with half of each... But that's probably paranoia.

There is apparently some sort of English demo, at least that is what I read on the GameStop forums ... but not sure. Anyway, just be sure to uninstall.

Just a note from someone with the full game.

This seems to be a pretty decent hack and slash action rpg and I am enjoying it. However, the full english version appears to be as buggy (or unoptimzed) as hell with alot of people experiencing relatively frequent crashes/restarts, myself most definitely included.

The worst part is that these are catastrophic crashes, at least for me, that require complete system reboots. In several instances, these crashes have even resulted in lost/corrupted savegames (only one save per character). I have been backing up regularly after losing several hours the first time, but still a huge pain.

So IMO, good game, but desperately needs a patch and may want to wait a bit unless you are eager for something to play.

Really ?

This surprises me, actually, since I don't know of similar severe crashes.

But on the other hand, I must admit that I haven't been much in the official forum.

The official english forum is relatively dead, but Ive been corresponding with a few that have had similar problems and it seems to happen even on higher end systems and both 32 and 64 bit. It does seem odd that this would be an issue in english version with the german version having been out so long. But I guarantee its not my system thats the problem, played around with options and even reverting to older drivers, still frequent crashes.

Just a note from someone with the full game.

This seems to be a pretty decent hack and slash action rpg and I am enjoying it. However, the full english version appears to be as buggy (or unoptimzed) as hell with alot of people experiencing relatively frequent crashes/restarts, myself most definitely included.

The worst part is that these are catastrophic crashes, at least for me, that require complete system reboots. In several instances, these crashes have even resulted in lost/corrupted savegames (only one save per character). I have been backing up regularly after losing several hours the first time, but still a huge pain.

So IMO, good game, but desperately needs a patch and may want to wait a bit unless you are eager for something to play.

This is odd, because i got like 3 months waiting for the games, and on the forum they where saying that they where waiting to fix all problems in the german version and then release a english version bug free, now i know why this game go out months ago on germany and never release until now.

I hope the fix this errors before they release the box version.
________
CANNABIS COLLECTIVE

Last edited:
I'm really itching to play this game but the English demo just gives me an average of 5 FPS (Vista, 2.4 ghz dual core, 2gb ram, Nvidia 8400m GS).

Did anybody experience this in the demo but found the full version playable? I don't want to shell out $40 on hope alone. Thanks.

Well, I didn't think there was an english demo out because nothing came up on a search, and going to the main site showed a download link but it only listed german based websites so I didn't investigate. Anyways, sounds like I might want to pass this one up for now. I'm just looking for a decent rpg to play right now that I haven't already experienced.

I'm really itching to play this game but the English demo just gives me an average of 5 FPS (Vista, 2.4 ghz dual core, 2gb ram, Nvidia 8400m GS).

Did anybody experience this in the demo but found the full version playable? I don't want to shell out $40 on hope alone. Thanks.

I don´t know much about notebook graphics cards, but I would guess the bottleneck is the 8400m. Given how slow an 8600GT was for gaming an 8400m sounds like a pure office card.

Well, I didn't think there was an english demo out because nothing came up on a search, and going to the main site showed a download link but it only listed german based websites so I didn't investigate. Anyways, sounds like I might want to pass this one up for now. I'm just looking for a decent rpg to play right now that I haven't already experienced.

Strange. The demo link I see on the .com site leads directly to the Valuesoft server.

Back
Top Bottom