Dungeons and Dragons Online Discussion

Human fighter is definitely one of the easiest characters to begin with. The biggest challenge is lack of skill points if you have a low INT score. Your Spot and Search are likely not very good also. I've had success adding 2 levels of Rogue to give me better Spot and Search, plus some lock and trap skills and Evasion (if wearing only light armor). It's a trade off, but the choice is up to you. If you plan to play mainly in a group, then the rogue skills are not really necessary. I find them helpful for solo play.

OK.

My character name is Devolo Stone. Send me an invite. I probably won't be playing too often though, insanely busy these days.

Also- I set the graphics to Ultra High, and the glitches went away. But later, in a different dungeon they appeared again.

I was thinking of going rogue, as simply spamming right mouse button is kind of lame. Any other kinds of characters? Maybe I'll try a cleric.

There are many different types of characters depending on your preferred play style. Rogues can be fun, but take awhile to get going as solo characters. Again, consider whether you plan to group or run solo. Clerics are popular for groups, but I found them boring to play. Personal taste of course, some people run little else.

I have recently started to play DDO and would like to join up as well if you´ll have me
My two characters are:
Salamacis lvl 3 rouge
Omphale lvl 3 paladin

Good gawd, they're coming out of the woodwork!

At this rate, we'll be able to fill out a guild raid run. That would be cool. The other nice thing is that some of these first-lifers might be able to work together as they out-level us TRs rather than be chained to our slower progression.

Unfortunately, we're going to have to make fun of Salamacis for being women's makeup rather than a proper thief. ;) Sorry, but trust me that you're better having me make the dig before Corwin takes a swing. :)

Welcome……….and if Corwin or Dte give you too much grief let me know. I keep a dead fish ready for just such occasions. :faq: :cm:
Should be logging in game soon, will send your toons an invite.

Wow nice to see more people joining the guild. A guild raid run would be great!

Don't forget to check the Guild Tab and hit 'Last On' to see who else is online and feel free to ask for help at anytime. Cm, when I'm hungry, I prefer my fish to be dead (and cooked) rather than alive!! :p Don't forget the chips!!!! :)

I'm back to DDO for awhile, having fun, but I'm having trouble finding level 3 quests. Any advice? Do I need to subscribe?

Also, anyone playing the game with a controller? I have most of the keys set and it seems okay, but I'm wondering if there's A> a way to control the mouse using a controller, and B> if there is a way to combine button presses to activate skills (i.e. Right trigger + A = Shortcut 1), etc. Any tips?

Fluent, you certainly don't need to subscribe and there should be plenty of level 3 quests. Have you looked in the quest Compendium? Press 'P' then click on the 'Adventures' tab.

I didn't check the quest compendium, but I couldn't find any more level 3 quests in the harbor so I just subscribed for a few months. I wanted access to the Sharn Syndicate quests in the marketplace anyway, and I figured being a sub will make it easier to find quests.

Didn't know I could check the compendium or anything. Maybe subbing was a bad move. However, I did all the quests in the Harbor, as well as a few in the hills, so what was I missing? Were there lower level quests somewhere else?

Everything in the marketplace was for subscribers though. At least the quests I found. There were 3 different ones and they all were part of the Sharn Syndicate adventure pack, which from what I saw wasn't available to free players. Correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps I just missed something.

Well I feel stupid. There's plenty of quests in the marketplace that I simply missed. Oh well. Are there any other benefits to being a VIP?

Last edited:
ddowiki

http://ddowiki.com/page/Quests

I would bookmark that site and visit it often to find almost everything you want to know about DDO. I usually try to figure things out myself but with this game you WILL need ddowiki.

I also used a Free To Play guide to get to level 18 before I bought the Menace Of the Underdark pack and became a premium player but that guide is not available anymore due to the forum changes on ddo.com.

I think it may be easier to be a VIP so you can try out all the quests you want and then decide if you want to stay VIP or work your way through getting favor and ddo points to just buy the quest packs and miscellaneous items you want. I chose the favor route for the most part, except for the MOTU pack I bought, but its a grind. It's been fun so far though.

Thanks for the link. You're not the first to tell me to use the DDO Wiki, I just keep forgetting.

This game is tough! I just spent over an hour delving into the deepest dungeon I've seen yet only to get smashed by the boss and his henchmen. I can see why groups are recommended in this game. Going to buff up (which I forgot to do) and hire a hireling and see if I can't beat that boss and finish the quest.

Pretty awesome game, though. Playing it with a controller and it's wonderful. The keyboard and mouse are still needed for some things, but most of the combat and interaction feels great with a controller. Just using a USB controller modeled after a PS2 controller. Works really well.

Oh, and some guy just gave me 10,000 platinum for free just to buy a medium collectables bag. The community seems friendly and helpful so far. Really enjoying my time in Eberron!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Grouping with the same people adds an extra dimension to the game which you are missing out on. Sure you can enjoy solo play, especially at the lower levels where it's easy, but the skype banter we enjoy while playing together is a lot of fun too. Even playing with just one other person can make the game both easier and more fun.

This game is tough! I just spent over an hour delving into the deepest dungeon I've seen yet only to get smashed by the boss and his henchmen. I can see why groups are recommended in this game. Going to buff up (which I forgot to do) and hire a hireling and see if I can't beat that boss and finish the quest.
Do you remember the quest name by chance? Just curious. I'm betting it was either Redfang or Freshen the Air.

Don't think it was either of those, Dt. One quest took place in the Waterworks and a simple witch doctor took me out in one shot. 30+ damage in one blast! Crazy.

The other times I died have been in the Binder House (3 of the doors opened at the same time and I got overwhelmed) and the quest to kill Skaagh in the Seal of Shan-to-kor adventure pack. That boss fight was brutal. I died twice there, even though the second time I was buffed up, had a hireling and drank a slew of potions before the battle.

Second time I died I came back to life after 5-10 seconds, which I meant to ask you guys, what's the deal with that? Did my hireling revive me (he was a Beserker)? I came back with 10 HP or so and quickly had to drink potions before I died again. Is there some sort of auto-revival system that I don't know about?

Oh, I thought you were doing freebie marketplace quests. No biggie.

As for your revive, most likely you didn't actually die. If you get taken between 0 and -9HP, you have a chance to recover and heal up (see the diehard feat). Normally, if you stabilize, after the "count up" healing, you pop up with 1HP, but I seem to remember reading in the U18 change notes that they modified it so you come back with 20% of your hit points.

Back
Top Bottom