Sacred Gold on sale at GOG.com

D

Deleted User

Hello fine people! Just a heads up that Sacred Gold is 60% over on Gog.com, so that comes to a whopping $4 for this game. I purchased it on a whim and it's been a blast so far.

I bought it years ago very cheap as well; an original boxed version. It's not bad as far as action rpg's go. The game was a good solid dose of fun multi-player; my brother and I beat it several times with different classes up to gold difficulty. It does get a little tedious after awhile however (I never did beat Underworld more than twice in single player) as does the genre in general for me these days unless the design contains enough conceptual/mechanic variation to keep things interesting.

The single player campaign has been a blast so far. I love all the shiny loot and the writing for the quests is pretty nice. Has some interesting voice acting bits and plenty of exploration. Definitely worth paying a measly $4 for.

Best thing about sacred games is it's class design+character development.
Vampiress and Demoness where my favorite classes in original sacred and Temple guardin and Dragon mage.I wish more games had similar class philosophy because Sacred 3 probably won't.

Never bought any Sacred game. Is it if I remember correctly so never bought it Diablo clone, or is some sort of an epic RPG, dunno, Morrowind clone?

The first one's only a Diablo-like on the surface, but I'd put it more towards the Divine Divinity end of the spectrum. I had quite a lot of fun with it, but the sequel seemed to really bland it up.

Sacred is not game for you Joxer it has respawns and game overall feels grindy.They are especially bad in sacred 2 where respawns even bothered me as aRPG player.

This one reminds me of Divine Divinity a bit. I like it.

As for respawns, I didn't notice any so far. I actually wanted goblins to respawn so I could harvest their hearts for a quest, but they seemed to stay dead. Sacred 2 has fast respawns. Love that game as well, though.

I don't remember any respawns in the first one. The second one was a more traditional Diabloish "you quit the game, well now you can fight everything again!" style, from what I recall.

Sacred 2 definitely had fast respawns, but in a game like that it was actually welcomed to me. My dad and I played it on the 360 and had a blast for hours and hours. If I recall, you could level up to either level 200 or past that in that game, so you were always grinding enemies to boost your skills. Man, just talking about it makes me want to break it out again and play more. Great, massive game Sacred 2 is.

If you are over a certain level, creatures of the area won't attack you.

Thanks guys, I definetly don't want to spend money on things like that. If I bought it I'd be angry later. You're the best.

Monsters do respawn in areas you cleared. It got boring and tedious after a few hours. I still play it occasionally but it still diminishes the fun after a while.

Sacred 1 DID have respawns, and I personally love that. You can choose your own difficulty without sliders. Just grind the same area over again if things are too tough, or skip an area if things are too easy.

Sacred 1 was by far the better game imho (if you can look past the dated visuals) but only in the unpatched NON 'platinum' or something version which introduced horrid level scaling. In Sacred 2 the enemies literally level-scale in mid fight if you level up, which is a cardinal RPG sin in my book. The idea with leveling up is that its supposed to give you a brief period where you *feel* more powerful before enemies catch up. Why they broke that in Sacred 2 I will never know.

I just had some extremely satisfying gameplay in Sacred Gold.

The combat is very strategic. Yes, it's hack n' slash, but I'm a Battle Mage and I have to be selective with my spells, since I currently only have 2 hotkey'd spells. Plus, there is a regeneration time for spells so you can't just cast them in rapid succession. Adds a layer of strategy and planning to your attack, because it is ESSENTIAL that you use strategy, or else you will be dead quickly. There is plenty of challenge and I've died several times already, but it's never too hard that you can't figure out how to win the next time around (unless it's an area that is simply too high of a level for you).

Very satisfying gameplay. I've only played for a few hours but this Sacred Gold is probably the best $4 I've spent in a long while.

I bought it on release :p
It is a vast game with only one area blocked from the start . I think it is much better than the sequel . Level scalining is not an issue for shard mages,summoner vampiresses , flying demons or leaping gladiators ..not to mention what happens if dark elf invests all runes in fog ... yes some builds are very OP.

pray for forgivenes

Very satisfying gameplay. I've only played for a few hours but this Sacred Gold is probably the best $4 I've spent in a long while.

I agree for $4 dollars it's a steal. To bad I can't say the same for the sequel. What class did you play as? I know Deep Silver is publishing the next one, and I hope they learn from both games.

Monsters do respawn in areas you cleared. It got boring and tedious after a few hours. I still play it occasionally but it still diminishes the fun after a while.

Yeah I still really enjoy Sacred Gold, but the respawn is pretty tiring at times, not Sacred 2 levels tiring but still more than I like.

Huh. Shows how long it's been since I played it. I might have to dig it out and add it to my list.

I agree for $4 dollars it's a steal. To bad I can't say the same for the sequel. What class did you play as? I know Deep Silver is publishing the next one, and I hope they learn from both games.

I'm playing as a Battle Mage. Very interesting class to play as thus far.

I love the challenge in this game. I must have died 10 times or more in just the first few hours. Combat is no joke and you have to figure out a sound strategy in order to survive against tough enemies who come in packs. It's very satisfying when you finally conquer your foes.

As for Sacred 3, I'm a bit disappointed to hear it's not going to be open-world. Still, I will check it out, but I loved the vast open-world of the 2nd Sacred game. We'll see how the end product turns out, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom