Mass Effect - Bring Down the Sky Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
An update from Chris Priestly on the Mass Effect forums earlier in the week:
Hi Folks,

For those of you waiting for the “Bring Down the Sky,” free downloadable content, we’ve run in to some unexpected bugs which we are just about done fixing. We apologize for the delay and promise that we will get it to you as soon as possible.

When the downloadable content is available, you will be notified via the Mass Effect game launcher or you can check http://masseffect.bioware.com for updates.

Thanks for you patience.
icon_smile.gif
More information.

Beat the game already. I'm only prepared to give it a B-

Another shitty little side quest, Just what Mass Effect needs.

No need to get all wound up and crap yourself regarding the DLC, as mentioned bove, it's just
another shitty little side quest
Instead, they had better be working on ME2 already and get rid of all the dumbing down, lol.

Instead, they had better be working on ME2 already and get rid of all the dumbing down, lol.

We've been working on ME2 since January, but if you didn't like the basic gameplay of ME1, you probably won't like ME2. Our first try sold over 1.6 million copies - an unprecedented amount for a brand-new original IP. We're going to refine and polish that formula, not throw it out.

We've been working on ME2 since January, but if you didn't like the basic gameplay of ME1, you probably won't like ME2. Our first try sold over 1.6 million copies - an unprecedented amount for a brand-new original IP. We're going to refine and polish that formula, not throw it out.

You mind throwing out all the stability problems first?

My version of Mass Effect hasn't crashed once, and I'm playing on a fairly unstable version of Vista Ultimate 32. The only downside in Mass Effect, as far as I'm concerned, is the story needing some more twists and turns. I know that some people whined about Jade Empire and KotOR both using twists halfway through, and that the "BioWare recipe" was getting a little predictable, but I personally love that kind of story. The KotOR twist, especially, is incredible - it litteraly made my jaw drop (I'm not kidding; I was going "WOW!" like some 15 year old who just saw his first pair of breasts).

Other than that - bring it on! The universe BioWare created for Mass Effect has tons of potential. I hope they pull a BG2 and simply make it bigger and better than the original, instead of some "revolusionary innovation" that ends ruining the series (how many times have we seen that happen? Might & Magic 9 still doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned).

Oh, and regarding the added content - I'll probably try it out, as I intend to do another play through the game soon anyway. It's obviously not going to change a whole lot, but there's no reason to turn down free content.

Oh, give the guy a break already. :) For all that it's worth, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the Mass Effect games. I'm sure they'll try to address those points that were seen as weak by most players (that is, the side-quests, possibly the mini-game thing). The resulting game should be even better.

And if you didn't like where they took Mass Effect, too bad. Go play your cRPG's again. :)

My game never crashed ;)

My version of Mass Effect hasn't crashed once, and I'm playing on a fairly unstable version of Vista Ultimate 32.

Yeah, well lots of people's Mass Effect copies freeze up or crash, or don't even start up. You can see us all crying on Mass Effect Tech support forums. I actually struggled through the whole game with it freezing every 40 minutes or so.

*playing devil's advocate's second*

And this is probably also a MAJOR factor in the move towards consoles by many developers.

It is unfortunate that this is taking so long - one of the touted things was that we wouldn't have to wait so long as XBOX360's did.

It is unfortunate that this is taking so long - one of the touted things was that we wouldn't have to wait so long as XBOX360's did.

I agree that it is very unfortunate that we do have this long for the dlc, bring down the sky. However, as Chris P. said they have run in to the some nasty bugs when re-working it from the 360 to the PC. Maybe it's even because of Securom? Maybe Securom won't allow the DLC for PC to run? because Securom thinks it is a -ehm emulation program ? or something like that ?

My other guess is that Bioware is actually making a gigantic patch dealing with all the problems that people are having when playing the game. This means that the DLC will have the patch bundled or that you can download just the patch if you want only the patch.

But that are just guesses on my part...

Looks like June's version of DirectX fixed my stability problem.

Back
Top Bottom