Heavy intermittent freezes while traveling

rhetorical

Watcher
My system specs should be in my profile, at least I entered them there. Game is fully patched, up to latest Wesp patch.

Does this kind of freezing happen to anyone else? The game stalls for about 3-10 seconds for every 15-30 seconds of traveling by boat or helicopter. Otherwise the game plays fairly smoothly. I've tried to tweak just about anything and everything: graphics settings, sound acceleration, defragged HD… the usual stuff. I'm an experienced gamer. Nothing works. Do any of you experience any hiccups while traveling?

There is another similar bug which is not related to any Hardware issue, I had the same as mentioned by rhetorical and suspecting a broken script at the mission "entering Dons helicopter and fly to Balena for killing guerrillas", this mission keeps on repeating as known while playing all versions (I guess so), after I completed the mission it started as explained but I do face interruptions which are mainly shorter, if I travel with boats they don't pick-up full speed and shaking like with an invisible brake as well helicopters are loosing altitude automatically until they crash (doesn't matter if you fly against that), so prior meeting this scenario all was well, I did not any changes by patch etc but this happens sporadically and especially with mentioned mission, also I had another feature when swarm of repeating Guerrilla boats and helicopters are repeating to come with me while travelling by boat (funny thing- the helis mainly crash together which gives the smile to the bug), returning to previous status is difficult and even loading an earlier safe-point did not improve anything, so from my point this isn't caused by HW matter but rather by a bug

Thanks for any help in that case

I really doubt it's a hardware issue, considering how well the game runs at other times. It's just the traveling that's invokes 3-10 freezes. Automatic weapons are bit problematic as well but THAT I can blame on the weak processor. So, my best guess is the problem is related to loading new areas somehow.

Paging file is defragmented, if that's what you meant, myers? It's in one continuous piece on the HD. But I have no way of knowing if the files INSIDE the paging file are in pieces. During a freeze the HD LED doesn't light up, and the HD is quiet, so it's probably not retrieving anything from the HD anyway.

I'm thinking the game has either trouble loading or executing some files, or scripts, or maybe it's a driver problem? Maybe a botched install, or something I did to the .ini files? One thing of noting is that I disabled HDR and Bloom in those files. But traveling was just as stuttery before I touched them. Toggling "Precache" makes no visible difference.

Damn it.

Aaaand I was wrong. Updated to a Core i5 recently, and not a single stall was given after that day. The video card is still a minor bottle neck, but at least White Gold plays absurdly smoothly now, compared to earlier.

Since those are faster vehicles there will be more loading and especially the AI would be a big hit with a slow processor and more will be loading using faster vehicles.

So it's the CPU then? Hmm that explains slowdowns and stutters on my end too. Guess it's time to ditch this dual core and get a better one :)

Big and strange, actually the same feature you've mentioned does occur with me while now roaming around at Precursors (Intel i7/ ATI 5850/ 8GB Envy laptop), I didn't see the same thing on a lower desktop machine with Interl quad/ Nvidia GT 260, can that be an ATI issue? eventhough it does not accept AA at all.

I know this is really old post, but I have the same problem, plus crashing to desktop or completely freezing. I'm running on i7-6700K and GeForce GTX 970 tho. On Windows 10 64bit, steam version with russian sounds and 1.8 unofficial patch.

From my point, seeing the experience from 10 years ago and now, using the same game, perhaps little more modded by UP plus ENB series etc but with a much better HW, those freezes and crashes still do occur but they are caused by broken missions.
Just had it live on Casco island when a completed mission did reappear (bring the same Indian character back to the Don). The guy still is there but 'away' on the map and once he is out of the cave, the game acts like that (freezes and crashes) so I just killed him and all went back to normal.
Best with this and other reappearing missions- just stay away from them, except for Sebastian's vase which is safe to repeat.

Attachments

• Xenus 2021-05-21 13-05-37-65.jpg
    Xenus 2021-05-21 13-05-37-65.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Xenus 2021-05-21 16-32-37-17.jpg
    Xenus 2021-05-21 16-32-37-17.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom