Pricewatch!

Hmm not bad but that doesn't include the DLC.:(

Yakuza 0 10 euro on steam. High on my watchlist, but still have to finish the origins DLC.
Yakuzi Kiwami is 15 euro.

Not sure if this interests anyone, Children of Morta on steam, Demo available only till 22nd.

If you've not played then this is a must buy !
And play them quick before anybody finds out that you don't know HK-47 from the GNK series.

P.S. Steam sale should be showing up in a few days.

Steam has Phantom Doctrine at a really good price, looks really good, has anyone played it?

It has some interesting ideas but some aspect don't work that well. It is really intended as a stealth game and not a combat game like xcom. The ideas don't really scale well (it gets repetitious after a while but i do not regret playing it). The dev team provided good support but alas they are now defunct so the game is set in stone.
-
Don't take me wrong it is well done it just gets a bit repetitious. When I played (on release) there were a few bugs but nothing really game breaking. They did tweak the mechanics some but i haven't replayed. I had planned on replaying (hey i said i dont' regret playing) to see how it changed but right now there are better games on my wait list.

Steam has Phantom Doctrine at a really good price, looks really good, has anyone played it?

Well, lots of sales now. The new(ish) South Park game is 90% off. AC Odyssey is half off. Guess it's time to give Ubisoft another chance.

OK, let me see if I understand this Grand Prix thing because it looks like you can get money for achievements.

First, you have to play a game for at least 30 minutes for it to show up on the games list. Rarer achievements should count for more so aim for those games. Also, the game might not show up until the next day.

The amount of points you can claim per day is up at the top near the driver dashboard. Purchases you have made on Steam since the Lunar New Years sale plus leftover Lunar New Years points count toward that max (I presume key sellers count for dink). So go down to your achievement games and claim those, then go to the top area and cash in the points. For whatever reason, you can only cash in 1000 at a time so you might have to do that a lot.

When you get 15,000 points used, you can go to the Pit Stop and claim the prize to get $5 off your next purchase. However, that $5 is NOT a coupon. It looks like you have to make the purchase in the Steam sale.

So, what you need to do is buy your games one at a time. You might need to buy one just to get your max up. Then you can buy a game every time you get up to the 15K point and can redeem a "bonus saving mode."

P.S. I'm completely ignoring the race winner rewards.

Well, so much for that. It seems we can only claim 100 points per day from achievements now. The summer sale would have to last clear to the Thanksgiving sale to get $5 back.

Edit: Actually, it's not the achievements that are limited. I thought that the "amount you can boost" was a per day thing. It's per sale. So you can still get paid for your achievements but only up to a point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom