The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

You can upgrade the lesser tomes to greater at any time, for 600tp. At one point the upgrades were on sale. So don't feel bound to any particular character. All of my TRs, and Mureall have upgraded the tomes, and Aerii will be once she TRs into Druid. I don't remember if I upgraded on Pump yet, since I was holding him back for the group, I haven't been on him in awhile.

We are 5 days from the expansion.

I don't have lessers. The standard expansion pre-order comes with just 1 greater tome. You have to do the deluxe pre-order to get a booster for every toon.

Did my very first Gianthold quest today : "A Cry For Help". Liked it - and was glad that I did it on casual difficulty first. Manyshot is almost essential there, as is a bow with good alignment.
And again my summoned "Young Razor Cat" proved to be very, very helpful, because almost no creature is able to withstand its "trip" abillity for a long time - and especially those human cultists.
I'm not quite sure about what to do with "Seventusk's Gem" - and Sven is a north-european name anyway ... ;)

You will need that gem and 2 others later on when you do Reavers. Save one of each as you get them and then sell any others you get immediately. I really like the GH quests, but you won't be able to solo all of them. Just wait till you try The Crucible!! :D

Jm has soloed Crucible, and I spoke with a guy who soloed it on elite with a pure Wizard. Yes, Corwin, you read that right. W-I-Z-Z-A-R-D.

The walkups are all soloable. Madstone is a pain, as is Crucible, but doable. Prison of the Planes would require a hireling.

You will need that gem and 2 others later on when you do Reavers. Save one of each as you get them and then sell any others you get immediately.

Thank you. By browsing through the Wiki I finally found out what was that black gem for I once found when I did the great Demon Sands wilderness run with you. So now I have 2 of them !

But I still would have to buy the "Reaver's Reach" pack … well, I can wait. I still have more to do than I had imagined. ;)

(I'm currently mopping up all those low-level quests which I didn't do on "Hard" and "Elite" difficulty because of the Favour Points.)

Thanks for your advices.

Jm has soloed Crucible, and I spoke with a guy who soloed it on elite with a pure Wizard. Yes, Corwin, you read that right. W-I-Z-Z-A-R-D.

The walkups are all soloable. Madstone is a pain, as is Crucible, but doable. Prison of the Planes would require a hireling.

I'd guarantee it wasn't a 'first life' WIZARD (note only 1 Z) :p It's debatable whether using a hireling is really doing it solo!! :)

Well, soloing is imho impossible without a hireling. My opinion.
So everyone who soloes does it usually with what they call in the forums "a pocket healer".
Some diehard fans might be actually able to solo almost everything alone, but "the game wasn 't designed for solo play" by intention, one developer admitted (quote from my memory).

There are some builds that can truly solo. Az had an exploiter build (ranger with a rogue splash, IIRC) that had solid melee, adequate trap monkey skills, situational self healing, and enough UMD to use most wands and scrolls. Don't know that that toon would be doing at-level elites all by his lonesome, but normals on familiar quests was certainly in reach. If you've run with Az, you'll note that his style, even when in a full party, leans toward solo tactics--things like running through monsters in outdoor areas to pull a bunch together for some sort of crowd control (blade barrier, firewall, wail, etc).

Impressive. And yes, I also tend towards solo tactics.

Ha, my style is definitely NOT a tendency towards solo tactics!! :)

No, your style is that of a soulstone. :p

I still regret TRing Fireflash. I did things on that one that I haven't been able to pull off with any other character, of any type.

Fireflash was a Half-Elven Ranger 18/ Rogue 1/ Fighter 1. Rogue level first, to max out the skills. Maxed out Search, Spot, Disable, and UMD. Feats were Toughness, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Khopesh, Improved Critical: Slashing, Maximize Spell, and Oversized TWF, in that order IIRC. Favored Enemies Constructs, Evil Outsiders, Giants, and Undead, IIRC. Barbarian Dilettante for an extra 40hp.

To be honest, I've been thinking about pushing Rachail into the same build, just with 36 points and well appointed in gear. Maybe go Monk instead of Fighter, though that's a non-issue.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Tried "Delirium" today.

was a kind of fun quest at the beginning, but it turned out to be a nightmare at the end. Died I think 5 times. The repair costs will be incredibly high. *sigh* I need help or a PUG for this one, definitively.

Today's PUG sessions weren't good anyway. Joined with my Art a Gladewatch Outpost run wich failed 2 times.

Then a Sands slayer run where I had a CTD just upon entering the area - I have this sometimes, I don't know why. The only solution is for me - to restart the whole PC.
Afterwards, everything seemed to be empty (I guess they had already done everything until I had joined), and people slowly dropped, one by one.

Last was a Kobold assault try on elite difficulty.

- Something didn't work out right, they reformed (I had just arrived)
- after that, i went in - it dais "adventure is active" - people told me "someone went in on norm" - *sigh* - I left
- Another one said "I went in on norm" - "facepalm" - looked at the LFM, found out that this group member ( ! ) was in Gladwatch Outpost, whereas everyone else was standing at the Kobold Assault entrance in the Harbour - group reformed to never try it again as long as I was logged in.

Sorry about last night, folks. It's like my ISP decided to do server maintenance or something. Booted the modem 4 times in case it was just a hiccup, but there just wasn't any answer at the other end.

Probably won't get much time in this weekend.

We were wondering what happened. We hung around awhile, but Corwin had to go, and I had to go to bed. We'll get you caught up sooner or later though. You may have to *gasp* pug. You might see about a Reaver's Fate at level, if you can find one. It's not a difficult raid, even after being upgraded. You may even get lucky and get a napkin.

Alrik, I already have 11 slots. 2 mules and 1 crafter, leaving 8 characters in various states of activity. And I was planning one more, a Druid to test the waters with before committing to a TR off my Sorc. Beyond that, farming out gear for another character, when I already have several to do so for, isn't high on the list of things I want to do. Whereas Rachail already has the gear, and will just need low-level stuff to get her to her better loot at 12-14. And I can craft stuff up to that point easily enough.

To top it off, most of my characters are slated to farm Shroud after I get them to 18+. Only Mirys, Aerii, and Rachail I ever plan to TR again. Mirys I'm unsure of into what, Aerii will become a Druid next life,, and Rachail probably Exploiter Ranger once her GS Khopeshes are done. I've considered TRing Mureall back into Monk, for the past life, but that's debatable. Only once I've got a HP item for her, and have gotten Pump and the new Rogue up to Shroud levels. Which I'm off to create said Rogue now.

By the way, are we going to pull off of Korthos to get our gear before starting? If not, then the new Rogue, Mirial, won't be able to join the guild until after we run Korthos through, likely on the first night in this group. If we are going to head to Stormreach first, then I can add her to the guild, and craft some useful stuff. I already have an Elven chainmail I can use for a good lowbie item.

The crash on changing instances is a very old one. I'm not sure what causes it, as I have never had it happen (yet). This is across 4 different computers. Yet Dte has had a horrible time with it, as has CM. Supposedly it was fixed in the upcoming expansion.

On that note, it has been confirmed that due to the immense number of system changes in the expansion, we will be getting a free Lesser Reincarnation. That said, there is a bug with Lesser/Greater Reincarnation which causes favor-based feats like the 10hp Draconic Vitality from 150 Argo favor and the Coinlords 400 favor Finishing School feat to not be applied after reincarnation. So LR at your risk!

Last edited:
The crash on changing instances is a very old one. I'm not sure what causes it, as I have never had it happen (yet). This is across 4 different computers. Yet Dte has had a horrible time with it, as has CM. Supposedly it was fixed in the upcoming expansion.

I had it only since the last Update.
And mostly for Necropolis. Other areas are less affected.

I'll ask again, since it kinda got lost in my rambling last post. I'm tuning into Peter. Oh look! Squirrel squirrel!

Anyway, are we leaving Korthos early to go get gear and then going back on our next TR run? I have a bunch of gear available for my Rogue, and I need to get her into the guild. Otherwise, we'll have to wait until we finish Korthos entirely.

Back
Top Bottom