gogamer is back!

curious

liberty or license
after ~2 weeks of having no '48 hour deals' which usually run for about 5 days i checked this morning to find they have a massive selection of pc only sale. a baldur's gate 2 collection for 7.90 is what inticed me. i never got into the 2 chapter version of the first one i played 7 or more years ago, and think that i played a bg 2 demo and was turned off. but i guess i have no excuse no for not giving it a go since most of you here rank is so high. i can personally recommend tribes:vengence which is only 2.90 (only 5 dollars cheaper than i bought it in 2005). while it is probably irrational's 'worst' game it is still highly enjoyable--gotta love jetpacks. i have never played any other tribes games though as i believe they are only multiplayer? i would also like to un recommend restricted area and bard's tale both which i bought at cheap prices (under 10)last year and got fewer hours out of then dollars, and even less enjoyment.

gogamer's a great site and has great deals-I get the feeling that they have either changed hands or changed software, because the site has quite a different feel these days-but as long as they keep up the 48 hour madness thing, I'm happy.

I kind of miss the little toys they used to send along, tho--like pens and post-it pads--I still use my little red gogamer calculater..;)

I also agree on the un recommendation for Restricted Area--unsafe at any price!-In fact the madness deals have tempted me to buy some prenty crummy games--but getting Planescape for $9.95 wasn't one of them. :)

i too use the gogamer calculator:)

I just got Restricted Area! What do you mean by "unsafe"? ...causing system failure or it is just plain suck?

I just got Restricted Area! What do you mean by "unsafe"? ...causing system failure or it is just plain suck?

It is not very good at all ... but for a few bucks I would say give it a try! One thing - it is buggy and crash-prone, so I strongly recommend backing up your save files regularly since it has an abnormal save system that can easily corrupt.

Thanks Mike, I played the demo and thought it looked kinda cool atmospheric.

Basically, if you've played the demo, you've played the whole game. Could have been good--but it just does the same thing over and over and over....plus a lot of broken quests and just plain sloppy design.
But no system failures or wiping your hard drive as far as I know, mudsling3--the only memory problem is wishing you could lose yours(of this game);)

On the gogamer topic--just surfed by and noticed they had Grim Fandango available. This is a game I hear referred to a lot as a classic adventure game, but I've never seen it for sale. If this old news, forgive me.

Also noticed they no longer have Planescape:Torment as a blow-out deal, but are selling it ( in the combo pack with a relatively unknown game called Soulbringer) for $49.99 U.S.
Pretty good for a game from 1999 developed for that unimportant, geeky rpg niche audience;)

Hey, I have a challenge for you guys.

Can anyone find a link to a decently priced copy of Vampire: Bloodlines?

I've suddenly decided that I want a copy of that game and I feel like an idiot because I had dozens of chances to grab it out of the bargain bin over the last year.

All of the sudden it's become very hard to find. I drove all over hell and back the other day checking every retail store imaginable, but couldn't find a copy. I did a quick check online earlier, but the only place I could find that had a 'new' copy was Amazon.com, whom I don't like to buy from.

I don't know why I waited so long. I remember being scared away for a long time because of some reviews that cited it as being a "poorly balanced" and "buggy" game.

Now, after hearing a lot of good things about the game and that it's been well patched, I really want to get my hands on a copy.

*edit* In fact, I just noticed that a new unofficial retail patch(v2.8), was released just yesterday.

Last edited:
Not to keep pimping it, but the trading site Goozex actually has it available for trade right now ...

Not to keep pimping it, but the trading site Goozex actually has it available for trade right now ...

Interesting site, I had never heard of it.

Some questions though. What do points cost? They want 350 points for Vampire:B, so that equals how much $?

And are those new or used games?

*edit* Ok I figured it out. 350 points = $17.50, but the games are used. Thanks for the link, I'll definitely keep it in mind for future games.

Last edited:
Interesting site, I had never heard of it.

Oh - and here I thought that I had posted too much about it in a couple of other threads ;)

It is a different sort of game trading site. They play 'match maker' - you put in requests and stock your own library of games you want to get rid of. For example, I recently traded away MechAssault for the DS, which gave me ~400 points. Sending out games is 'free', but requesting costs you a 'trade credit', which is ~$1. So, I recently realized that I only had Mac versions of Fallout 1 & 2, and had planned to play them again soon, perhaps on my upcoming business trip - so I saw them come available on Goozex, so I grabbed both - for 100 points each. In total it cost me ~$2 for getting nice used copies of Fallout 1 & 2 with manual.

If you have any questions, or want an 'invite' (earns both of us free credits), let me know.

Just won a copy of Vampire: Bloodlines off Ebay. Got a pretty good deal, copy is in mint condition(box is opened but cd's are still shrinkwrapped). Payed only $19.65 total.

you're in for a treat!

Just won a copy of Vampire: Bloodlines off Ebay. Got a pretty good deal, copy is in mint condition(box is opened but cd's are still shrinkwrapped). Payed only $19.65 total.

Remember to do at least the 'official' patches - you can also do the community patches, but they do somewhat change the game.

Back
Top Bottom