Risen 3: Titan Lords - New CGI Trailer

If the release date is correct the game should be nearly finished by now.

Is it safe to watch, as in spoiler free concerning the first two games? Still haven't finished them

They don't seem too keen on releasing anything related to gameplay.. With the game almost finished you'd think they'd be more intersted in bigger coverage and hype so close to release, but no.. I guess they're aiming for an even bigger fail this time around.

Hype might increase sales numbers but hype doesn't make a game good or bad...

They don't seem too keen on releasing anything related to gameplay.. With the game almost finished you'd think they'd be more intersted in bigger coverage and hype so close to release, but no.. I guess they're aiming for an even bigger fail this time around.

Most rpg game developers show combat gameplay for their rpgs.

If PB show some combat gameplay for Risen 3, it will pale compared to the just released Dark Souls 2 and Bound by Flame, and they will easily lose the 'general public' interest.

So it is wise that they hold off showing any gameplay now.

Marketing is Deep Silver's business. PB is only developing.

When did they start work on Risen 3?

Has Risen become Deep Silver's corporate franchise and 'sausagised' every couple of years?

It's probably 'best of the rest', behind their AAA franchises Saint's Row, Metro and Dead Island.

Only PB and DS know when they started work on R3. My guess would be that pre-production had a 6-9 month overlap with R2 during which developers were moved over when their specific job on R2 was done. I don't really know it, though. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Hype might increase sales numbers but hype doesn't make a game good or bad…

Sale numbers are important if they're gonna continue to make games. It's also not just about hype, they need to show that they're confident enough to show gameplay videos. Anyone who's happy about a product they've made can't wait to show it off, they're confident. Not exactly the impression i get here..

Gorath: you're right, it's up to DS..

SpoonFULL: Well they wouldnt need to make a combat heavy video, they just need to show they've made an atmospheric game, show some locations etc.. Something is clearly wrong if they can't even show the game. Anyone who's buying the game is gonna look for a gameplay video anyways, not sure if a crappy youtube video from a random user will make them more eager to buy the game than if they instead see an nicely edited promo video that shows the best / strong parts of the graphics/game (if there even are any).

Anyone who's buying the game is gonna look for a gameplay video anyways, not sure if a crappy youtube video from a random user will make them more eager to buy the game than if they instead see an nicely edited promo video that shows the best / strong parts of the graphics/game (if there even are any).

I remember they did that with Risen 2, with regular video interviews or logs by PB talking about the different aspects of the game.

Maybe they are waiting for May to finish with some of the AAA releases (Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs) before starting their campain.

This thread kind of shows developers are damned if they do [hype/show off] their game and damned if they don't. Aside from all the negative speculation, it could also be that they are going down the exact marketing road they want to go down. I always felt they started showing Risen 2 off wayyyyyy too soon. Time will tell.

I don't get this trailer.

Fantastic battle are not what Gothic and Risen were all about. At least the trailer in Risen 2 hinted at something piratey, possibly with a companion. The Risen 3 trailer looked more like a 2 Worlds trailer.

It's probably 'best of the rest', behind their AAA franchises Saint's Row, Metro and Dead Island.

Only PB and DS know when they started work on R3. My guess would be that pre-production had a 6-9 month overlap with R2 during which developers were moved over when their specific job on R2 was done. I don't really know it, though. Maybe I'm completely wrong.
I think your right because I remember last year we had an interview I posted where PB basically said the game was in production for more than one year already.

They couldn't share or talk about it more due to Deep Silver.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=23819

Last edited:
Wow, what were those nasty beasties coming up out of the ground?? They look almost as deadly as a warthog! ;)

That was a nice trailer but I agree that it doesn't seem to have much to do with the Risen franchise.

True, although some at least have some decent pacing and editing, perhaps some story hooks, or even a tiny but good story. For example it was quite clear that SW:ToR trailers will have nothing to do with gameplay, but they were fun to watch.

This is how I feel as well. I actually do enjoy good CGI trailers, but only if they're somehow attached to the actual game, which the Risen 3 trailer is not.

The SW: ToR ones were fantastic tho. I really liked those.

Back
Top Bottom