Dragon Age: Inquisition - Bioware Survey

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Incgamers has news that BioWare have started a new survey about the Dragon Age games, and your playing habits.

There are fairly basic questions about what platforms you own and what systems you played the last two Dragon Age games on, as well as queries on which BioWare games you’ve played and what your preferred difficulty settings are… and then they get into the meat of it with questions about how important you find various aspects in the Dragon Age games, what classes you preferred, how you composed your party, etc.

And yes, in the “level of importance” bit, players are asked if “Intimate Relationships and Romance” are Not Important, Somewhat Important, Very Important, or Extremely Important. I remain somewhat surprised that BioWare haven’t released an iOS dating game tie-in, yet.

From there we’re onto questions about the combat. Do you like pausing battles? Do you like zoomed out, overhead views? Do you like setting up custom tactics for your party members? I hope you do, because I’d much prefer Dragon Age: Inquisition to take after Dragon Age: Origins than Dragon Age II. Please tell BioWare this.
More information.

In the survey, did they ask "are you happy seeing us dumbing down games"?

no, but I voted dark and gritty and romances as very unimportant, and compelling story very important.

I also asked they tone it down to a teen level, get rid of the sexual content, put in a toolset set, a standalone server, and a DM client.

Now I quietly wait as they ignore me. Do they not have a poll option on their Social Forums?

no, but I voted dark and gritty and romances as very unimportant, and compelling story very important.

I also asked they tone it down to a teen level, get rid of the sexual content, put in a toolset set, a standalone server, and a DM client.

Now I quietly wait as they ignore me. Do they not have a poll option on their Social Forums?
I agree somewhat but a majority of Bioware buyers want romance, and want the games dark and gritty. Those are Bioware staples there not going anywhere.

Then again none of those things bother me a that much. At the end of the day though I doubt their going to change anything.:)

I don't think they would bother to make the survey if they didn't care about the answers. I wonder if they are looking for popularity or correlations? (i.e. folks who like to play mages also like to pause a lot in combat)

That they care or not isn't very important, I hope players who care/whine will answer, but don't expect that Hardcore or Old School players are the majority.

An example, how many time you change the difficulty? Hahem sorry but I answered 1-2, I know it's questionable but I have no confidence in difficulty management particularly in RPG.

EDIT: Just the question 7, frankly I'm not sure Bethesda would have made a such pertinent series of criteria. :)

EDIT: The survey was cool to answer... but yeah I also think it's fake, I suspect it's more an attempt to build a concrete arguing to defend against some negative hype attack. Why I think that? Because it's too late to take in account most elements covered by the survey. It's a reason to answer and throw in your old school or Hardcore preferences to weaken such questionable arguing base. Not answer will let the open road to lovers of the series which is not the best.

Last edited:
I put the story as number one. It is the far important thing for me, still.
And I still like romances - but I wished they had used an option for "bantering", too. ;) Because that's the only thing I LOVED about BG & DAO ! ;)

Because it's too late to take in account most elements covered by the survey.

You realize that the game is one year away right? It will release in Fall 2014, they have one year of full production to go. Also, the "select per importance level" isn't about putting more or less of X in the game, it's about what they should put emphasis on when marketing the game.

Hmm... Considering this game appears to be very advanced in production, I would argue that many of their questions/systems cannot be changed at this point without some effort, regardless of their popularity. It seems they are about a year too late.

It may apply to future games moreso that DA:I.

I answered the survey. In the comment section at the end I basically asked for 3 thing (but rest assured, I won't get my wishes):

1. No more wave combats - there's nothing tactical about this.
2. Less obvious/blunt romances - you don't need romances to build a good relationship with your traveling companions.
3. More clear dialogue options - I'm tired of vague wheel/icon system because my protagonist always end up saying something totally different to what I expected (in a VERY UNPLEASANT way).

I couldn't even bring myself to finish the survey. Even the questions are focused in a completely different direction than my interests lie. The questions I want to hear aren't posed, and the answers I want to give cannot be found among their multiple choices, at least on page one, which is as far as I got. BioWare and I simply don't speak the same language anymore.

I couldn't even bring myself to finish the survey. Even the questions are focused in a completely different direction than my interests lie. The questions I want to hear aren't posed, and the answers I want to give cannot be found among their multiple choices, at least on page one, which is as far as I got. BioWare and I simply don't speak the same language anymore.

That's the problem with these types of polls: the selection bias tends to reinforce what they're already doing and doesn't tell them how to attract the types of players that have been turned off by their previous release.

3. More clear dialogue options - I'm tired of vague wheel/icon system because my protagonist always end up saying something totally different to what I expected (in a VERY UNPLEASANT way).

I should've written the exact same thing.

Because SWTOR has this problem as well. Even more distorted through translations, I fear !

Unfortunately, for each one of our "more story", "more tactics/strategy" votes there will be 100 "MOAR BLOOD", "LESS TEXT CUZ IS BORING!" votes.

Back
Top Bottom