The "I Just Bought" thread

Is 1 and 2 just fuzzy graphics or is there deeper problems with them? What's the tragedy with no.4?

Is 1 and 2 just fuzzy graphics or is there deeper problems with them? What's the tragedy with no.4?

Compared to 3, 1 and 2 are more dated looking, but still not bad since it was a nice cartoonish style. They also lack some of the refinements of 3. Playing wise, they're still great games, and I'd recommend them in a heartbeat, but if you don't care for early-mid 1990's looks, it may turn you off.

4 was made during the dying days of 3do, when budgets were nil and games were rushed. Then Ubisoft acquired the rights and it went downhill from there.

3 is the best one in most views I see online, though I have a greater fondness for 2. I even made maps for 2 at one time, long long time ago.

I loved HoMM 3, I thought it was the best of them all. I even made maps for that one that me and my friends played. I never could beat it tho and I tried hard to do so.

I just bought the strategy guide to FFXIII lightning returns along with Battlefield three for the pc. Haven't opened either of them yet.

For what it's worth I thought HoMM 4 had the best Campaigns of the series, which you pretty much had to play because the AI in the individual scenarios was next to none.
But worth playing for those IMO.

Pac-man candy! Kind of boring taste wise but the tin boxes it comes in are fun at least:

8dq7g.jpg

xvknm.jpg

I bought the game "Contrast" in a shop today. It has Steam. I hate steam, but I was really, really impressed by the game presentation last Games Com, so I made an exception. Plus, it was actually very cheap, too. ;)

What's the game about?

What's the game about?

It's about … a young girl exploring the backstory of her mother, I think …

The exceptional thing of the game is the game mechanics : The protagonist uses shadows in the same way as real world things … And I'd call it an "mystery jump & run game" …

More about it here :
http://contrastgame.com/home/about-contrast/

Much more spoilerish (don't read if you want to play the game first because this explains to you the whole plot !! ) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_(video_game)

Got myself a new petrol powered lawnmower. The old one was becoming a bit shaky, and I wanted one with an electric power switch. As I grow old and (my shoulders) stiff, repeatedly yanking that start wire was becoming a bit painful.

Needless to say, the new one is far better than the old one.
  1. It's not made by EA (well, neither was the old one, but I find it proper to mention it in these forums).
  2. It's New. Not deteriorated by the wear and tear and knives-becoming-dull of life.
  3. It's more powerful and not easily scared by tall grass.
  4. It's got large rear wheels which surely is good for something.
  5. I'ts got 7.1 sound.
  6. It's got voice-control. Simple commands like "forward", "Speed up" etc. English is supported, but not perverted dialects like they use down-under. For the same reason it's not certified for use in Texas.
  7. It's got a refrigerator for storing 2 cans of beer, great for mowing on hot summer afternoons.
  8. It's got a laptop stand and a wi-fi access poinnt.

Needless to say, I'm quite happy with it. I've called it "Rammstein 2" (since the old one was christened "Rammstein".

pibbur who admits that those who (very wisely) don't believe everything pibbur says, may find reason to doubt 50% of the above mentioned features.

PS. I suppose buying equipment for real money may be considered pay2win. OTOH, grass is continuously respawning. DS.

It's not made by EA (well, neither was the old one, but I find it proper to mention it in these forums).
ROTFL
I want one like that!

Well... I don't really think apart from "high quality" sound you get fridge and laptop with it... ;)

What Pibbur forgot to mention is that it will last him the rest of his life since in Norway they only get to see actual grass for about 2 months of the year; the rest of the time all they see is that cold white stuff called SNOW, I believe!! We don't get any of that where I live!!!! :)

Snow? Pibbur - do you have a snow blower? any interesting features?? Inbuilt thermos?

To be honest (occasionally that makes sense), we don't have that much snow where I live anymore.

But I'm pretty sure that my new lawnmower, which I prefer to refer to as a lawn-and-anything-in-it-mower, could double as a snow mover. To some degree.

pibbur who has found out what is wrong with Australia

Not much snow? How's that possible? Global warming?

In south of sweden there has been a couple of years lately where we had green grass 12 months of the year. So I not surpised same thing is going on in Norway.

I just bought Summoner and Realms of Arkania 3: Shadows Over Riva.

Summoner I had heard of before but I really don't know much about it. It seemed interesting from the GOG write-up so I grabbed it when it went on sale.

Realms of Arkania 3 I've heard of and I've played the remake of Blade of Destiny and enjoyed the concept, so I think I will like RoA3 as well.

Well, 2 more quality games to add to my enormous backlog :).

Back
Top Bottom