Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Good news on Kingdom management!

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/show...to-Kingdom-Build&p=35941&viewfull=1#post35941

Changes to kingdom in 1.1, "kingdom manual" incoming

To the OP and everyone else who commented: I understand your concerns about kingdom management, and believe me, we hear you here at the studio. We are currently working on a huge, thorough document that explains a lot of the kingdom mechanics, provides examples and advice, and answers a lot of the questions you guys have. We have already entered the editing phase, so it shouldn't take long from now. It will be posted on Steam forums and here as soon as it's ready.

Also, in the coming 1.1 patch there will be many improvements to the way kingdom management works - that includes mechanical changes, better notifications and small quality-of-life improvements.
(As a side note, I wish you could see the size of the patch notes we're compiling for 1.1 - the document is about as long as all the previous patch notes combined…)

Excellent. Is there an ETA on it? I'm doing a 2nd run in a couple of weeks (already have my party planned out), so it might be possible for me to align it with the patch.

Ahhh, I didn't get to explore very much in kingdom management before I put the game on hold, but to hear that some issues are being addressed sounds great to me. Good job, developers!

The Kingdom Management is set up in a much easier to browse way now. There are categories for each subject of interest, like "Curses", "Training", "Ranking Up", etc.. It's more organized now.

The beta really seems like a bunch of hotfixes anyway. :D Might as well jump in. Just copy your saves and then put the ones you want to load in the test save file folder. F11 also turns off the bug report icons.

I found a bug in my game that I can't access the character sheets of other characters while in the capital other than my last party members. Can you test that @purpleblob; when you play and let me know?

Yeah, will do Fluent. I'm still downloading… sigh

Thanks! :) The workaround for me is to make a new party with those characters, leave the capital and return right away. Will try to restart my PC and see if that helps, too.

Edit - a restart fixed it. Sweet deal. :)

I noticed weapons have better organized damage information. Both in the weapon damage area on the character sheet and the weapons themselves. Pretty neat.

Thanks! :) The workaround for me is to make a new party with those characters, leave the capital and return right away. Will try to restart my PC and see if that helps, too.

Edit - a restart fixed it. Sweet deal. :)

I had no issues with companion character sheet in capital. Glad restart fixed yours :)

I had no issues with companion character sheet in capital. Glad restart fixed yours :)

Me too. Going to continue recording my Let's Nerd With Kingmaker in this 1.1 edition. It's also now snowing in my capital, which I didn't see before.

Blobby, feel free to post anything you notice that is different. I haven't noticed many drastic changes yet except the damage on weapons and damage on character sheet is a bit different.

Just had my first timer run out:
Find that barbarian tomb in chapter 4. Given the extreme duration of the projects, I figured the timer was either directly tied to the curse timer, or at least very generous. It wasn't. The quest still continues, but it's still somewhat annoying.
At any rate: Is there a BG2 portrait pack for Kingmaker yet? I was planning on running a BG2 party, with Keldorn as my trusty Paladin, Jaheira as my Druid and so on.

GAAAAAH I'm struggling with final boss fight in Pitax castle. Can anyone give me a tip on how to defeat:

Engelidis, that freaky thing aiding Pitax King? I just can't kill it. It just keeps healing at half health.... and I run out of spell to kill me

GAAAAAH I'm struggling with final boss fight in Pitax castle. Can anyone give me a tip on how to defeat:

Engelidis, that freaky thing aiding Pitax King? I just can't kill it. It just keeps healing at half health…. and I run out of spell to kill me
Harm spell?
Polymorph it into a dog?
Maybe just kill Irroveti?

I have not got that far so I am only guessing.

Got past that stage now. All I needed to do was bring my A team - switched out Reg and Linzi to Amiri and Jubilost.

I'm now about to head into chapter 6!!!

So some tips and info:
Later on, you get a project to reduce the time to claim regions from 14 days to 7 days as well. I think this gets unlocked when you claim 6 regions.

With 1.1, now you have full access to enemy info, providing you pass the appropriate checks (e.g. nature for beasts, and world knowledge for humans etc).
https://imgur.com/fFSuXde.jpg
fFSuXde.jpg

As Fluent mentioned before, kingdom projects are now sorted into sub-groups and much easier to manage:
https://imgur.com/JDkYANJ.jpg
JDkYANJ.jpg

Last edited:
What? There's something to actually do in chapter 5? I'm about halfway through the timer, and I have a grand total of zero quests. I'm literally just doing kingdom management at this point. Maybe those Hellknights will show up again, but they've been inactive for 150 days or something.

Edit: And yes, I've tried entering Pitax, but they still have the tournament going on. Every other area has been clear for half a year or so.

Back
Top Bottom