The Outer Worlds - Review @ PCWorld

Ran into this bug. :(
I was able to play a part of the quest but somewhen I noticed that it went to the "botched" section. Parvati is alive, quest is dead.
Last savegame with the quest being alive is too old...

For me, the plot isn't grabbing me at all, but I'm a hoarder so the game works. It also earns extra points for no Gaider-like romances. Ugh! I'm playing the game like it's a more mature Borderlands game. I'll add the + .5 that WGD detracted to my final score :)

I was able to play a part of the quest but somewhen I noticed that it went to the "botched" section. Parvati is alive, quest is dead.
Last savegame with the quest being alive is too old…
I didn't encounter that bug, luckily, so I can't verify this, but some people claim you can still continue it.

I didn't encounter that bug, luckily, so I can't verify this, but some people claim you can still continue it.
Unfortunately I can not.

Some can, but it still doesn't update their journal. It didn't happen to me either so I can't experiment and deduct what exactly causes it and seems noone knows for sure.

I've finished the game.
There is a CTD bug in the final quest. Upon unsealing then entering the room with the Board's PR cretin, forgot his name (the bullshitter), the game crashes if you have two sidekicks with you. Means, send one sidekick to the ship before unsealing the room and the game won't crash then but you can talk to that guy. Another workaround is to kill everyone through the door before entering the room - but that will affect the epilogue.

I never got the bug. I finished it just now and had Nyoka and Max with me. No crashes or anything for which I am thankful as I kept saving in case something did happen.

Very happy with the ending - totally loved how my characters story wrapped up. Fun game overall and some of the companion quests were great (especially loved Ellies).

Last savegame with the quest being alive is too old…
I stopped playing for now because of this bug. I'd loose 8 of 12 h of gameplay if I reverted to an earlier save. Not sure if I want to do this.
Has anyone heard about patch schedule?

@joxer;, does the state of companion quests affect end game or the ending somehow?

Started another playthrough with wildly different build intentions, on Supernova.

Supernova is really poorly done :(

Saves only being allowed on area transitions + Sleep only allowed on your ship + limited fast travel = a combination of factors that makes for helluva lot unfun tedium. The hunger/thirst/sleep mechanics are also poorly implemented, with non-alcoholic drink being far rarer than food - as well as no meters to gauge how starved or thirsty you actually are (aside from looking how negatively affected your skills are).

And then we have permadeath companions :roll:

This portion of the game could use a lot more work. I'm aware of the mod to remove some of Supernova's limitations, but then you might as well be playing Hard.

Mods are already starting to pop up on the Nexus. It's only a matter of time before they come out with something to improve the issues with Supernova without making it easier. I'd shelve it until then.

Back
Top Bottom