Knights of the Chalice - v1.19 Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Knights of the Chalice just keeps rolling along. A new resolution is the headline addition for v1.19:
Version 1.19:
1) Pin will expire at the start of the grappler’s round, not at the start of the pinned creature’s round.
2) Added a new graphic mode (960x720 with the world and characters printed in small size). It’s a good mode, giving a more strategic view. To use it, select 960x720 (b) in the window’s menu bar.
3) Changes to the AI: enemies will sometimes take a five-foot step during a surprise round, changed cleric priorities so that they are more likely to cast mass cure & mass heal spells, clerics won’t delay or ready versus approach when they could be casting a spell, enemy clerics will avoid friendly undead when targeting mass cure & mass heal spells (I did the changes using the ultra-ending battle as reference).
4) The game won’t allow removing a worn health amulet if the HP loss would render the character unconscious.
5) Fixed problem with break free from a web when wielding a flaming weapon in the off hand, and fixed another issue that occurred when the use of break free would trigger an AOO.
6) Trolls who delay their turn will not regenerate two times.
7) Added a level-up sound that plays after a character has reached the next level.
8) Added a music that plays when the party is around a campfire. Sound & music graciously provided by Nino Rajacic (http://www.ninorajacic.co.nr).

Other notes:
-Regarding iron golems getting temporary HPs from Fireballs and other fire spells, that’s normal behaviour for the game.
-Casting mass heal/mass cure on friendly undead does damage them, so nothing wrong there.
-Checked the jewels in Taneliz. They are all single-item only, so nothing wrong there.
-Didn't see any problem with deactivating x2 walk speed.
Coming soon:
-high resolution text font for the small text used in the help entries.
-perhaps a new spell animation for the bless spell.
More information.

The new resolution does wonders. I restarted the game, its so addictive :S

Time to download it again. I think I have around 15 more times that I can download it before he has to reset it.

I didn't think it was possible, but it sounds like he has improved the AI even further. Those additions to the clerics sounds great.

Not yet.

Too many games and too little time. I am pretty far along if you need help.

I'll remember that, oh funny one. Methinks that you'll be hearing the tiny scratches of many a pawed Skaven coming up from under your floorboards. They don't take kindly to sarcastic laughing ;)

I'm not really sure about the length. I bounce around so much between games that I lose track of how long I've been playing. If I'd have to guess around 20 hours or so. Give or take how anal you are about searching around for stuff. The battles alone will make that longer. Some battles can last quite a while or…well more likely you'll end up dying and restarting until you figure out a better way to take out those pesky little buggers.

Help? From you? *evil sarcastic laugh*

JK :) I don't even have the full game, I was just curious how long it was.

if your are good, about 20hours. but the battles can be hard.... so around 25 hours...

Yep, I'm an "uncover every inch of black" type of player and I logged about 27 hours of play for the first playthrough. Subsequent playthroughs last about 15 hours if you use 2 wizards.

Yep, I'm an "uncover every inch of black" type of player and I logged about 27 hours of play for the first playthrough. Subsequent playthroughs last about 15 hours if you use 2 wizards.

Indeed, with 2 wizards the first 1 hour is hard after that the WIZZ shines !!

Ugh I'll have to dive back in. I've been on a bit of hiatus with this game...down in the slavers' mountain fortress, can't get past the battle with the dragon. Guess I'll have to go back to a much earlier save and be more conservative.

down in the slavers' mountain fortress, can't get past the battle with the dragon.
Sort of spoilerish…

If this is the Mountain Pass battle with the Black Dragon, one tactic that worked for me was to cast Confusion (or whatever it's called) on the first turn, targetting the dragon and the mage. The spell's area of effect is large enough to catch them both and perhaps one or two of their gnoll goons too. If (and that's a big if, I know) they both fail their saves, you're going to have a much easier time for a few rounds. Whack the mage ASAP, he doesn't have that many HP (IIRC). Consider killing the gnolls after him, so that you don't have to worry about their sleep arrows (etc.). Once all the "henchmen" are killed, pour everything you've got on the dragon. Note: If the dragon isn't confused (or after the confusion effect ends), keep a "tank" on him (it? her?) all the time to give your casters some breathing space (and have a cleric heal that tank constantly, with a wand preferably). This tactic worked for me, but it's been awhile, so hopefully I'm not remembering this all wrong...

Ugh I'll have to dive back in. I've been on a bit of hiatus with this game…down in the slavers' mountain fortress, can't get past the battle with the dragon. Guess I'll have to go back to a much earlier save and be more conservative.

Web is the key.....

Nearly impossible to beat the game unless you use the item creation feats. Would have helped a bit if it was mentioned in the documentation...

Back
Top Bottom