Gothic 3 - Review @ G4

I would have to saw I have never seen such increable geo-architecture as in Gothic series PB are masters of this among other things.

I would disagree oblivion is gorgous out of the box, as a matter of fact even the water looks crappy though it's been many months since I ahve played it I can't think of a single area that didn't need to be modded in oblivion.

As an example the characters in Bloodlines looked much better until they are modded and this maybe have something to do with how well expressions, emotions and facial feature were handled, iirc.

Also it's been awhile but Far Cry did architecture better, plus the vegetation and forest were better done, than oblivion though they weren't as updated obviously with things like speedtree, at least irc atm.

Half-Life 2 and FEAR had much better looking character skins as well.

As a matter of fact I can't think of anything in out-of-the box oblivion which was better than any of these other titles and this includes G3.

The main thing I think many forget and this includes some reviewers is G3 has been broken for the most part and the vast majority include mods when accessing oblivion against other titles which it not a rational thing to do. ;)

Hmm. The first thing I did when I got out of prison was to steal a horse and head north. I didn't see any 'real mountains' like tall, unreachable ones.

Then you didn't go far enough. Head to Bruma and further N from there. You will find very tall mountains with snow-covered tops and everything.

@Moriendor

And why are the reasons that someone doesn't like a game invalid?

Where did I say that the reasons why you don't like the game are invalid? I didn't. Please stop making up stuff.
You just had an extremely bad streak of luck in your post where you listed your reasons why you dislike Oblivion. All of the things you listed (with the exception of NPCs not cooking as in G3) were factually(!) wrong. That's why I said that if you decide to bash Oblivion that you should at least get your facts straight before you mindlessly attack the game for untrue things.
Just to give you another example: What you did is like bashing BMW for making crappy food (while they are in reality a car manufacturer, of course). Your criticism of Oblivion made zero sense because your claims were simply untrue.
Otherwise you can flame and bash Oblivion all day long. I don't care and I will probably even agree on a lot of possible complaints. Different people = different opinions. That's OK. But please make sure that you get your facts straight next time. Thanks!:)

And how did you get the idea that I come from the Codex? Unless everyone who criticizes Oblivion is a Codexer, in which case I must hurry registering an account.

Please accept my humblest apologies if you aren't a Codex forums member but your post sounded 100% like the typical, mindless, uninformed copy & paste Oblivion bash job from over there :) .

Out of respect and returning the favour to JDR13 this is going to be my last post about Oblivion in this thread. After all there is another thread about the topic in this site, reading which you may be surprised to see that my critique of Oblivion is not all that different than many of the regulars' here, many of them also being unable to play the game past a few hours. Unless they come from the Codex too.

Regarding the Oblivion 'mountains' I think Dhruin has already explained it quite well.

Apologies accepted.

Back
Top Bottom