View Single Post

June 21st, 2018, 18:24
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
For me, that is exactly what good science fiction is about. Thinking about the "what ifs" of fields like science, technology and society.
How far the extrapolation goes into our potential future does not affect whether it is science fiction.
Indeed, you could argue that as well - science fiction can and often takes the form of a "what if" scenario. We typically attribute sci fi to the advancement of technology and such, but we forget the human side of science fiction.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely shaking up the established formula of what a cyberpunk world typically looks like - night life in the big city, abundant lights, neon colors, 3d holograms, etc.

At least, that rings true for me, because the first thing I picture when I think of a cyberpunk world is this, not this.

In the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer, there are vehicular transports that function by both air and ground. There's interesting diversity there, and typically I vision cyberpunk worlds to have only flying cars. And that's only one small detail. I wonder what else is shaking up the formula.

Although I'm not interested in the game until I learn more about its RPG mechanics, I find it interesting to follow. Amazing that the trailer has generated over 12 million views already, too.
--
~Watching since 2007~
Last edited by Ragnaris; June 21st, 2018 at 18:36.

Ragnaris

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1: