Pricewatch!

Thanks for the heads up on Grimrock2, that and TSW are a steal (I recommend getting the Ultimate Ed of TSW, it's on sale too at the mo at bundle stars I think).

I'm ashamed to say that I never got around to playing the Drakensang games. They've been stuck in my backlog forever.
For shame! JDR, you need to load either of them up. Great games, indeed.

So, when does this Steam sale kick off anyways? Got at least half a dozen titles on my wishlist that I want to pull the trigger on.

Returned home and went to buy Saints Row 4. According to some a game designed to get 10/10 from me. If true what it promises.
Which is currently discounted on Steam.

The base game is not even 4 bucks, but there is also so called century edition priced 20€.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/206420
Almost instaclicked on it, but something smelled fishy (season pass separate from a bunch of other DLC) so did some research…

If you'll jump in the wagon, do not pay those 20! Instead go for the century upgrade which is dirt cheap and includes all DLC plus the damned season pass. Basically, this is what you're supposed to do:

pic.jpg

Link to the 5 bucks upgrade to the century edition:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/47503

Can't wait till it all installs… Can't remember the last time I was this excited about a game. In fact I can. Excited about nonRPG? Never.

Dude. GotC edition will probably be less than €5 tonight or tomorrow (prolly tomorrow when the BF Steam Sale starts?). It's been on sale for as little as €5.99 last year already so it'll most likely be less than €5 this year. You could have saved almost €4 to buy some phone game or MMO DLC. Goddammit, dude! :biggrin:

If he haven't played for 2 hours yet, he can refund…

I just couldn't wait. If it does go cheaper, I'll post again.

But the blame is on all of those who knew what game this is and never mentioned it before when the complete package was 6€.

But the blame is on all of those who knew what game this is and never mentioned it before when the complete package was 6€.

But it's action-adventure!

I basically feel guilty saying it was a slapstick parody of ME2 now. Some parts are mocking ME2 but it still play like a Saint-Rows games.

I can't wait to see your reaction, lol. Especially when it actually start with a parody of The Matrix red vs blue pills.

sr4 is worse than sr2 and 3 because of the superpowers, and the story/chars/villain is also meh
sr3>sr2>sr4 imo

Steam sale is on now and -yeah- the GotC of SR4 is €4.99 as expected.

lol@joxer :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Never played any of the Saints games though, so….is it any good?

They are GTA-clones: a sandbox open world city with lots of activities, "street gang war", weapons, vehicles you can "borrow" and a storyline with homies (kinda like companions/squadmates).

I never played 1 or 2, but 3 and 4 are ridiculous violent bombastic slapstick comedy action games. I personally consider them more fun than good. You can try all kind of crazy stuff in them. I remember one time in The Third where I raised my police level so high that they were coming at me with tanks…which I stole and run away with.

1 to 3 are have normal weapons and stuff. 4 goes into super powers too (so you are more a super hero).

Last edited:
Played both Drakensang games,and are my favorite games,just had so much fun with them. Did not played the add on.

Phileasson's Secret is only $2.50 during the current Steam sale. I just picked it up myself.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33780/

*Edit* Is this a standalone game? I thought it was an add-in for River of Time, but it shows in my Steam library as a separate title.

Last edited:
Phileasson's Secret is only $2.50 during the current Steam sale. I just picked it up myself.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33780/

*Edit* Is this a standalone game? I thought it was an add-in for River of Time, but it shows in my Steam library as a separate title.

No. It requires the main game to be installed. If you install the main game and the add-on then the add-on will be integrated into the main game. The transition is completely seamless. When I played the game (gold version), I did not even notice that I was in the add-on area at first and thought it belonged to the main game.
I played the physical version(s) though (personal edition of the original game + PS). Not sure why Steam has it as a separate entry. Maybe a database thing on their end because of the different publishers or license holders?

hmm from steam sale i grabbed The Technomancer | Assassin's Creed® Syndicate | Tom Clancy’s The Division™ | Hitman GO: Definitive Edition | Assassin’s Creed® Chronicles: Trilogy | POSTAL Redux | ICY | Watch_Dogs™

…and since the same prices will be in the winter sale too, nothing else from my wishlist is winking so im done for this year :biggrin:

No. It requires the main game to be installed. If you install the main game and the add-on then the add-on will be integrated into the main game. The transition is completely seamless. When I played the game (gold version), I did not even notice that I was in the add-on area at first and thought it belonged to the main game.
I played the physical version(s) though (personal edition of the original game + PS). Not sure why Steam has it as a separate entry. Maybe a database thing on their end because of the different publishers or license holders?

Strange.. the Steam version actually allows you to install it without RoT being installed. I clicked on it to check and then canceled after it started to download. Now I'm tempted to install it just to see what happens. Perhaps it automatically initiates the installation of RoT as well, although I didn't see anything that indicated that.

Well, I just checked my physical version and it has this sticker "Requires River of Time" (written in German language though ;) ) on front of it. I doubt that it will work alone.

Steam sale is on now and -yeah- the GotC of SR4 is €4.99 as expected.

lol@joxer :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yea and the game added Steam Workshop - with that option/update saving the game is impossible, the only autosave is the character creation. Nothing after that gets saved.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/206420/discussions/0/152390014778733443/

Horrible, horrible time to buy this one. I lost everything I passed through.
This reminds me why I despise checkpoints the most of all console/phone garbage designs.

Back
Top Bottom