Shadowrun Returns - Pre-Purchase Now On Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam sends news that Shadowrun Returns is now avaible for pre-purchase. So if you didn't donate with the kickstarter now is your chance to buy.
Shadowrun Returns is Now Available for Pre-Purchase on Steam and is 10% off!

Based on the venerable Shadowrun tabletop roleplaying game of the 80s and a spiritual successor to the console games of the 90s, Shadowrun Returns brings back one of our most original & cherished game settings as a single player, turn-based tactical RPG.

The year is 2054 and your old friend Sam has been murdered in Seattle. You’ve been hired to find the killers and bring them to justice, one way or another. Soon you’ll be embroiled in a mystery that expands from missing organs, an antagonistic detective and biker gangs all the way up to the dynastic control of one of the largest Megacorps.
More information.

Tempted... but at this point I'll wait for the reviews since it's all digital.

You should just buy it. Just look at what a sexy tactical RPG that is right there...

The 1 combat video I've seen was enough to for me to decide that this is an instant buy. I don't see how any crpg fan could pass on this, especially at that price.

Instant buy - like JDR13 said.

Far-Cry 3 - Dagon Blood will be out today, too.

I think I preordered on their site .. can't seem to find proof of that. I'll have to wait and see.

I didn't donate on this one and can't say why - usually I don't support only KS projects that are smartphone ports and this one is not.

EDIT:
Ah, it's a game for tablets ported to PC. I'm not buying.

They asked us to give money beforehand to create a game and now they ask again to buy the game before it even reaches the shelves ? Well… who said "instant buy" ?!

The 1 combat video I've seen was enough to for me to decide that this is an instant buy. I don't see how any crpg fan could pass on this, especially at that price.

As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm ( I backed this on KS) of course there is always something that can go wrong. It could be an instable mess, the story could suck, it could be 2 hours long, etc.
We already know it has a savepoint system and no real inventory, which for some people could be a real problem.
So there is never, ever anything wrong with waiting for a release and first impressions and reviews :)

As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm ( I backed this on KS) of course there is always something that can go wrong. It could be an instable mess, the story could suck, it could be 2 hours long, etc.
We already know it has a savepoint system and no real inventory, which for some people could be a real problem.
So there is never, ever anything wrong with waiting for a release and first impressions and reviews :)

I am really tempted to buy this but somehow i agree with you GhanBuriGhan. A voice in my head tells me to wait.

I didn't donate on this one and can't say why - usually I don't support only KS projects that are smartphone ports and this one is not.

EDIT:
Ah, it's a game for tablets ported to PC. I'm not buying.

I don't understand how this is a game for tablets ported to the PC when they made it for the PC and it sounds like the tablet versions will come after and be more limited then the PC version.

I don't understand how this is a game for tablets ported to the PC when they made it for the PC and it sounds like the tablet versions will come after and be more limited then the PC version.

Well in the very original pitch they indeed made it sound like Tablets were their lead platform. I guess this changed somewhat later when they realized who their KS supporters were.

They asked us to give money beforehand to create a game and now they ask again to buy the game before it even reaches the shelves ?

Uhm... if you actually backed it, you most likely will not have to buy it, because you allready got a copy.

Also, noone forces you to preorder. You can buy it at release, though not with the same discount. You can wait even longer to get it for cheap.

I still think the DRM issues with this project are a joke, but I dont see how preordering is a problem.

I don't understand how this is a game for tablets
Was written on their Kickstarter page.

Look, if in the meantime they desided to trash the idea of tablets, I'll buy it as it means the game won't be restricted by things impossible to make on tablets. But I didn't see that written anywhere.

Look, if in the meantime they desided to trash the idea of tablets, I'll buy it as it means the game won't be restricted by things impossible to make on tablets. But I didn't see that written anywhere.

I think they still plan to release on tablets joxer, it just isn't the first priority anymore. That was my impression anyway.

Wait, there is no inventory? What the hell?
Check point saves? ugh.

I thought this was insta-buy. Now I don't know.

Considering the fairly short development time and the $20 price, I'm tempted to say that some people seem a bit unreasonable in their expectations. I'm certainly no fan of checkpoint save systems when it comes to RPGs, but we're talking about a game that's 1/3 the cost of a AAA title.

That certainly is a principled position. It's also absurd a sentiment as anything I've seen written here. My word. It's as if it's garlic to a vampire except the vampire has legitimate reasons for fear. Would a tablet burn your skin if I touched you with it?

Back
Top Bottom