Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Guile & Glory: Firstborn a tactical RPG - Steam

Journey through the mysterious Drowned Lands as the Outlander, the Scoundrel and the Guardian in tactical RPG / puzzle hybrid Guile & Glory.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Dev Diary #8 - Setting Up Camp

Why cannot you sleep anywhere and anytime at the Worldwound? How can you avoid corruption? How do the resting and crafting systems work? How did we design these systems and why have we made all these decisions during the game development?
Diablo IV Quarterly Update - October 2021
Hello, and welcome once again to a new Diablo IV Quarterly Update.

I'm Joe Shely from the Diablo IV team. As a design lead who has been working on this dark, shared, open world action role-playing game from the beginning, I’m honored to continue the vision of Diablo IV as its new Game Director, and I’m humbled to represent the team pouring their hearts into this game.

Like many of you, our team has been reflecting upon recent events. A lot has happened since our last blog and the hard work of practicing the values we aspire to must continue. In parallel with that important work, development of Diablo IV continues too.

Over the past few years, we've assembled a strong team with incredible passion for Diablo IV. You, Diablo’s fans, are a critical part of this team. With the help of your valuable feedback, we've steadily refined and deepened the game experience. We have ways to go, and while much has changed, our commitment to the game is unwavering.
New Starfield leak shows off two spacesuits

Attachments

• Starfield-new-leak-spacesuits-10-150x150.png
    Starfield-new-leak-spacesuits-10-150x150.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Starfield-new-leak-spacesuits-5-150x150.png
    Starfield-new-leak-spacesuits-5-150x150.png
    30 KB · Views: 88
Those spacesuits leaked? o_o
There from another site called DSO and I refuse to link due to the sites comment section. The site is also slow to load due to constant attacks due to the comment section.

Anyway here the original place of those leaked assets.

Edit: This is actually from a graphic artist model based on leaks.

Of course ripper gave you a +1 for that comment I'm missed the reference.:lol:

There from another site called DSO and I refuse to link due to the sites comment section. The site is also slow to load due to constant attacks due to the comment section.

Anyway here the original place of those leaked assets.

Edit: This is actually fan-art from an artist based on leaks.

Ah, erm. Sorry for the bad humour, I've read too much of The Expanse I suppose.
With, you know, spacesuits that leaked. ;)

DRAKE Top-down Space Western ARPG - Steam

DRAKE is a Sci-Fi Action RPG set on a distant desert planet. Use your Strength, Intelligence or Charisma to uncover the secrets that are hidden under the planet’s crust. Shape the look of humanity in first contact and try to survive in a harsh Space Western World. rld.
SKALD: Against the Black Priory Becomes a Full-time Project
Yes you read that right! I just quit my day-job to work full time on “Skald: Against the Black Priory”! This is huge news! Every semi-professional game developer dreams of going full time and I’ve finally made it..

DRAKE Top-down Space Western ARPG - Steam

SKALD: Against the Black Priory Becomes a Full-time Project

First game looks decent but was very little to go by. The 2nd bit makes the guy sound insane; unless he worked part time at McDonalds. "Hey, I quit my day job to make an 8-bit looking game with an extremely niche potential audience."

First game looks decent but was very little to go by. The 2nd bit makes the guy sound insane; unless he worked part time at McDonalds. "Hey, I quit my day job to make an 8-bit looking game with an extremely niche potential audience."
Yeah I wouldn't quit my day job for this game. My guess it's a part time side project.

You have do consider that it's a one man-team, so you could compare it to Jeff Vogel and Spiderweb. Also not having a day job, doesnt have to mean you have no additional income. You can have income streams through investments, piblished books or similar which support that option.
Ofc he likely still earns less now than with the day job, but money isn't everything and you got to set priorities. And as long as you survive with the money...

You have do consider that it's a one man-team, so you could compare it to Jeff Vogel and Spiderweb. Also not having a day job, doesnt have to mean you have no additional income. You can have income streams through investments, piblished books or similar which support that option.
Ofc he likely still earns less now than with the day job, but money isn't everything and you got to set priorities. And as long as you survive with the money…

I hope you're right and I'm wrong :) I hope he's married and his wife makes good money and is willing to support him. That's basically what happened with Vogel.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - Dying 2 Know MORE #4

Dive deep into the world of Dying Light 2 Stay Human in the latest Dying 2 Know More episode, where renowned composer Olivier Derivière (Streets of Rage 4, Vampyr, A Plague Tale: Innocence) details a special custom-built instrument creating extraordinary in-game sounds and shares the inspiration behind Dying Light 2’s main theme, “Run, Jump, Fight”.
The Ascent New Patch Available
The following summary covers the key areas we have addressed in this new major Patch update for The Ascent.

This update is now live and available for The Ascent on Steam (deployed on October 7th). The same patch will also be landing on the Xbox family platforms shortly (Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox Series S/X, Microsoft store). Thank you for your patience.

Our team is still continuing to work hard on improving the game and we continue to be very grateful for all the support and feedback from our players.
Is Bandai Namco on the verge of cracking the West? - Gamesindustry.biz
It's one of Japan's biggest games companies, and responsible for globally recognised brands.And yet Bandai Namco's mission to become a major player in the Western world has been a mixed affair. From the moment it acquired Atari's distribution business and began to establish itself a European presence, the company began signing games and doing some co-publishing deals on Western-developed titles. It's actually 11 years this week since the company published Ninja Theory's excellent Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.
Playing ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ How It’s ‘Supposed’ To Be Played Is Lifechanging - Forbes
The problem, of course, is obvious. I am on a computer that costs $3K. This is not the first game to run much better on an expensive machine, and yet the gulf here between not just an ultra PC and PS4/Xbox One, but also the current Series X and PS5 versions, or even a lesser PC, is massive. And what percentage of the playerbase has experienced a game that looks and plays like this? 1%? 0.1%? If that.

I should revisit CP2077 sometime to play it as it's meant to be played... I wonder if the experience hasn't been forever ruined though.

Playing Cyberpunk 2077 How It's Supposed To Be Played Is Lifechanging - Forbes

The problem, of course, is obvious. I am on a computer that costs $3K. This is not the first game to run much better on an expensive machine, and yet the gulf here between not just an ultra PC and PS4/Xbox One, but also the current Series X and PS5 versions, or even a lesser PC, is massive. And what percentage of the playerbase has experienced a game that looks and plays like this? 1%? 0.1%? If that.

So Cyberpunk 2077 is the new Crysis, where we'll get to play it the way it should be by the year… 2077 ?? :p :p

I'm old, so I have enough money to buy whatever but I probably won't upgrade till TES VI comes out. I'll plod along on i7700k/16G ram/and an overclocked GTX 1080. It's good enough for most stuff still. Starfield, if it really grabs me, might change my mind. I last upgraded for The Witcher 3, iirc.

So Cyberpunk 2077 is the new Crysis, where we'll get to play it the way it should be by the year 2077 ?? :p :p
Not the first time I remember Witcher 2 and at that time it had an insane level for graphics. Not many players had the card yet to use that graphic setting as well.

Anyway I never cared about RTX never did it's a gimmick at best. DLSS and the other variants are the future. You can upscale extreme graphics on low settings.

It's a god send with all the current price hikes on gpus.

Wasn't Ultima (don't remember anymore which version) also infamous for having extremely high system requirements ?

Fallout: Miami - Summer 2021 Exploration Footage

Fallout: Miami is an upcoming mod for Fallout 4 on PC.
Dread Delusion Demo Developer Walkthrough

A developer walkthrough of the Dread Delusions demo out for the October 2021 Steam Next Fest featuring lead dev James Wragg (LovelyHellPlace)
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising Sets It Stars To Release In Spring 2022
505 Games and Rabbit & Bear Studios have announced that action RPG Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising is set to release during the Spring of 2022. The release window announcement came via 505 Games Tokyo Game Show presentation, with the latter half of the presentation focusing solely on updates for Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising and Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, with commentary from its core development staff. Specifically, a new trailer and a first-look gameplay sequence of Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising were the centrepieces of the presentation, seen below at timestamp 34:52 and 48:13 respectively.
Famed Dragon Quest Composer Koichi Sugiyama Passes Away at 90
Sugiyama was best known as the composer for the Dragon Quest series, where he contributed over 500 pieces of music, begining with the Famicom original and ending with the as-yet-unreleased Dragon Quest XII: Flames of Fate. According to a statement released on the official Dragon Quest website, Sugiyama died on September 30th of septic shock.
Star Wars: The Old Republic Updated Combat Styles Available - Public Test Server
Players can now test and give initial feedback on the updated Mercenary, Powertech, Juggernaut, and Marauder Combat Styles on our Public Test Server (PTS). Note that the Jedi Guardian, Sentinel, Sniper, Operative, Assassin, and Sorcerer Combat Styles are still available for players to experience on PTS.
Yakuza's Creator Toshihiro Nagoshi Leaves Sega - Farewell Message
As I depart from SEGA, I’m also leaving my position as the head of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. Thank you to the fans who have supported us and the Yakuza series for many years. You have my sincerest and deepest gratitude.

I persisted and am here now thanks to what I learned from many people around me. It’s credit to the colleagues who supported such that I could hone my mindset to continuously push boundaries.

As of today, a new Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio is born where the series will live on. Though I don’t know for sure what they will create, I believe the new generation will further enhance the foundation we built over the years and deliver great games to the world. To achieve that, they too need to continue to learn, challenge themselves, and grow. I ask that you continue your support of the studio’s endeavors.

Once again, I would like to express my deepest appreciation to all of you. Thank you so much for your support. Stay tuned for the many new beginnings!

"Run, Jump, Fight" Making of Main Theme From Dying Light 2 Stay Human

Check the making of “Run, Jump, Fight” an official Dying Light 2 Stay Human main theme music track composed by Olivier Derivière featuring London Contemporary Orchestra.
Dying Light 2: Stay Human Interview - PC Gamer
This open-world zombie game is going a step beyond the original, backing its free-running, undead swarms, and brutal melee combat up with an interactive, branching story you can have a real impact on. The City isn’t just home to countless numbers of aggressive infected, but warring factions of human survivors too. It’s a big old mess, but a compelling setting for a survival horror game. And one of the most interesting features in Dying Light 2 is how the City changes dramatically depending on the time of day.

Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters Codex Strategium Destruction

Not even walls can stand against the might of the Grey Knights! Learn more about environment destructibility and how you can use it to your advantage.
Lost Eidolons - How we're working with beta feedback!
It’s been about a week since the first Lost Eidolons Closed Beta ended, and we wanted to take some time to address some of the feedback the community has been providing us regarding the current state of Lost Eidolons. It’s a major philosophy of Ocean Drive Studio to leverage the feedback loop between the community and the development team as an instrumental tool when creating a game. We have our vision of where we want to take our games as a studio, but we have faith in our community’s ideas and suggestions as well. Teamwork makes the dream work, right?
Baldur’s Gate 3: Up To 88% Faster With NVIDIA DLSS - Nvidia
For nearly two decades, Belgian developer Larian Studios has been crafting role-playing games in their self-made Divinity universe. Their most recent release, Divinity: Original Sin II, saw the team achieve breakout success, with millions of copies sold, an Overwhelmingly Positive 95% rating from 113,000 Steam reviewers, and a 93% average from over 70 press outlets.

And now there’s Baldur's Gate 3, which launched last year in Early Access and has already achieved tremendous success. Larian has continued to improve the game with new updates, new chapters, and player-requested changes, just as they did previously in Divinity: Original Sin II. And this week, the newest Baldur's Gate 3 update arrives on Steam, bringing a massive number of exciting new changes, including NVIDIA DLSS.

With DLSS, and your GeForce RTX GPU’s Tensor Cores, performance is boosted by up to 88% at 4K, enabling GeForce RTX 3060 Ti and higher owners to play Baldur's Gate 3 at 4K 60 FPS at max settings:

Back
Top Bottom