WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
I haven't noticed it myself but it could be something to do with needing room to port than 1 person.

Oh Aye I hadn't thought of that. I only ever tried it twice and that was at that futuristic place you can go to.

Oh Aye I hadn't thought of that. I only ever tried it twice and that was at that futuristic place you can go to.

Yeah, that's where I tried it and no matter how I placed it, the Mass one didn't work, but the single one did.

Talking about it:

I really liked Blackwater. It made for a nice change of pace for me as every combat was relatively hard even on Normal difficulty. I had to start using my spells a bit more, which is how I would like the game to be in general.

The issue is that the game, to me, has too many useless fights in random places with little to no benefit. A place like this where everything was difficult was a nice change of pace actually. Back to standard fights :D

I am now about 70 hours in and still just in Chapter 3. My army is 8 Strength and so I need another week or two to get past the lvl 10 Fort, but I still have a few places to explore, so it seems appropriately paced for what I did manage to get through.

I've played 183 hours according to Steam and I'm still in chapter 3 having just finished the Ivory Sanctuary!! I define the word SLOW!! :)

Can the crusade system be set to automatic now? Or does it break when we do that?

I never risk putting it on auto since you lose some content even without bugs (in short answer, I don't know :p) - but you should be able to set it to casual now to breeze through army combat.

I never risk putting it on auto since you lose some content even without bugs (in short answer, I don't know :p) - but you should be able to set it to casual now to breeze through army combat.
That's plan B :D I think I'll do it because I don't have much fun with that at the moment, though sometimes it's a nice distraction.

I'm in Drezen Citadel (yes, I'm really not far because I have only continued my 1st replay), and I realized I didn't take Radiance with me. I don't suppose there's a personal chest in Drezen before it's retaken? Ah well, I suppose it's not a big deal. Or I redo the whole attack since the camp, but is that worth it?

My party has been completely wiped out in a few seconds by Chorussina yesterday, I absolutely hate this one. ;)

I'm in Drezen Citadel (yes, I'm really not far because I have only continued my 1st replay), and I realized I didn't take Radiance with me. I don't suppose there's a personal chest in Drezen before it's retaken? Ah well, I suppose it's not a big deal. Or I redo the whole attack since the camp, but is that worth it?

So you did find Radiance from Shield Maze, yes? To upgrade it, you need to talk to Joran at Defender's Heart then again at Drezen Citadel. Whether if its worth it to re-do Drezen for Radiance upgrade depends on 2 things 1. Are you actually going to use it? 2. How much do you like Drezen? :p

My party has been completely wiped out in a few seconds by Chorussina yesterday, I absolutely hate this one. ;)

I find Chorussina tougher than Blightmaw - besides, Blightmaw's loot/exp is better (I think) :D

So you did find Radiance from Shield Maze, yes? To upgrade it, you need to talk to Joran at Defender's Heart then again at Drezen Citadel. Whether if its worth it to re-do Drezen for Radiance upgrade depends on 2 things 1. Are you actually going to use it? 2. How much do you like Drezen? :p

I find Chorussina tougher than Blightmaw - besides, Blightmaw's loot/exp is better (I think) :D
Maybe that's because I'm only level 8. I should try to see if there's more clean-up to do in the city before entering this madhouse ;)

About Radiance
Yes, I have it, I just left it in my chest along with other things, I like to travel light when there's a lot of looting to be done.
I'm just not sure the improved weapon is that much better than other available weapons. I'll see if I feel like restarting from the beginning of Drezen, it's not that much after all.

Is Blightmaw what happens if you let her summon ?

I never tried it as I didn't know that would happen until I read about it later.
Chorussina was a difficult fight, even on Normal difficulty for me. I enjoyed it.

Is Blightmaw what happens if you let her summon ?

I never tried it as I didn't know that would happen until I read about it later.
Chorussina was a difficult fight, even on Normal difficulty for me. I enjoyed it.

Correct ;) he's a good fight too, I liked it more than Chorussina.

Agreed. It's definitely better to let her complete the summon.

A little something I observed after entering Citadel Drezen (underground), related to Whispers of Madness.
There is a way to stop the repeated CHA debuff, otherwise it becomes a real problem.

I suppose it's well-known: once you have seen "Yaniel" follow the corridor to the right (East), open the door and get in the room just in front (so, always East).

There are 3 tablets with skill checks to pass, in Religion, World and Arcana. Religion is the highest DC at 30, IIRC. Each time you fail, you get to defeat spawning enemies, who can damage your abilities. It's all fun.

(for the story) The first time I went TB mode so I could contain them more easily. Equipped band of WIS, drank owl potion, and I needed to roll a 16. I rolled an 11, fight, a 4, fight, a 2, fight, a 3, fight, a 1…, fight, an 11, fight. Then I gave up, realizing my religious character was down 3 or 4 ability points.

I reloaded and used RTwP. Band/potion again, then I rolled something too low and the usual 2-3 enemies spawned, but the hand symbol was still there and I could continue clicking it without any additional spawns on failure, while my fellows were taking care of the ghosts.

Sure enough, after half a dozen attempts, it succeeded. Same technique with the 2 others, which are easier anyway, I got them on the first attempt.

=> Don't try TB mode, the hand symbol disappears each time. Use RTwP and keep someone near the tablet to keep trying while the combat is ongoing.
=> Don't neglect religion in Wrath of the Righteous, it's a recurring theme. ;)

A little something I observed after entering Citadel Drezen (underground), related to Whispers of Madness.
There is a way to stop the repeated CHA debuff, otherwise it becomes a real problem.

I suppose it's well-known: once you have seen "Yaniel" follow the corridor to the right (East), open the door and get in the room just in front (so, always East).

There are 3 tablets with skill checks to pass, in Religion, World and Arcana. Religion is the highest DC at 30, IIRC. Each time you fail, you get to defeat spawning enemies, who can damage your abilities. It's all fun.

(for the story) The first time I went TB mode so I could contain them more easily. Equipped band of WIS, drank owl potion, and I needed to roll a 16. I rolled an 11, fight, a 4, fight, a 2, fight, a 3, fight, a 1…, fight, an 11, fight. Then I gave up, realizing my religious character was down 3 or 4 ability points.

I reloaded and used RTwP. Band/potion again, then I rolled something too low and the usual 2-3 enemies spawned, but the hand symbol was still there and I could continue clicking it without any additional spawns on failure, while my fellows were taking care of the ghosts.

Sure enough, after half a dozen attempts, it succeeded. Same technique with the 2 others, which are easier anyway, I got them on the first attempt.

=> Don't try TB mode, the hand symbol disappears each time. Use RTwP and keep someone near the tablet to keep trying while the combat is ongoing.
=> Don't neglect religion in Wrath of the Righteous, it's a recurring theme. ;)

Yes, I make sure I bring guys who can pass these skill checks ;)

My char takes care of religion usually, Dae makes check for world and Regill is on arcana :D

The skill check needed seems to vary as I had religion 22 required for the thing you were talking about Red and that is playing on a custom core difficulty setting (i.e. I set it to core then made some changes).

On a different note a tip for those who replay … although those that do I am sure already know … that bringing different characters along really makes a difference in dialogue. Although I don't know how much is because I took X character on Y trip versus what was added in the big patch. Like I got some cool dialogue from Daeren but I don't know if it is new or simply that I never took him along for a certain major battle.

Maybe both - stuff I missed if I didn't have someone with me or stuff they snuck in a lot of stuff in the big patch, which by the way has been working pretty good other than the two times I have crashed at a merchant menu. I now quick save before talking to a merchant. Still only twice though.

I am seeing some nice polish in the big patch - more unique icons for things, some updated pictures of things, added dialogue and cinematic for some characters.

Anyhow my third play through with my Tiefling (set aside my Dhampir for now) feels somewhat fresh and different between the patch, the added flavor of being a Tiefling, different choices I am making, and different focus on companions. That isn't to say its like a new game by any means - but enough difference to be enjoyable, for me anyhow.

It seems like the new 1.1 patch is generally stable, so I will switch to it this weekend - can't wait!!

The dialogue is quite different for different followers. I have a core I keep with me because I'm used to the battle setup but I change up some of the rest of the companions every now and then to see how they react to things.

I tend to keep Seelah as my bruiser/tank, Lann as my DPS archer and usually Nenio for spells. I do AoE damage as a grenadier and I also have some good summoning spells now. Having 4 axiomites and a stone golem in a boss battle makes it a lot easier :)

The others I change around but I like to have at least one of Greybor, Woljif, Regill or Sosiel for frontline or two of them. Then sometimes one of the others.

Only for companion quests do I change things around a bit more.

I am very tempted by a second playthrough. But I doubt that will be anytime soon. I am now 80 hours in and still in chapter 3, so this game is gojng to be at least 100 hours long. I'm assuming chapters 4 and 5 are shorter but together would still be 40 hours at least.

For those that do a lot of replays, I very much recommend an Aeon run. I can't imagine how other runs can have similar storylines.

The skill check needed seems to vary as I had religion 22 required for the thing you were talking about Red and that is playing on a custom core difficulty setting (i.e. I set it to core then made some changes).
Weird, I checked and saw 30 Religion, 21 World and 25 Arcana with the default Normal difficulty setting (screenshot below). Not sure how they scale that with the difficulty.

image.png

Only Nanio has enough Wisdom and Arcana in my party since I don't have a cleric this time. No matter what the DC is, the trick helped me to avoid those nasty debuffs, especially in this place where there is at least one very difficult enemy. :)

Weird, I checked and saw 30 Religion, 21 World and 25 Arcana with the default Normal difficulty setting (screenshot below). Not sure how they scale that with the difficulty.

image.png

Only Nanio has enough Wisdom and Arcana in my party since I don't have a cleric this time. No matter what the DC is, the trick helped me to avoid those nasty debuffs, especially in this place where there is at least one very difficult enemy. :)

Oh I believe you, also possible it scales with level. Because of this thread when I was there last night I specifically checked for religion as my character had max ranks in it but had no bonuses as his wisdom is 10 (he is a rogue so lots of skill points but wisdom isn't his best area :p) Anyhow pretty sure it was 22.

EDIT: Took a screenshot as luckily I had a save before entering.

Oh I believe you, also possible it scales with level. Because of this thread when I was there last night I specifically checked for religion as my character had max ranks in it but had no bonuses as his wisdom is 10 (he is a rogue so lots of skill points but wisdom isn't his best area :p) Anyhow pretty sure it was 22.

EDIT: Took a screenshot as luckily I had a save before entering.

I believe you too, I'm just wondering how they managed to scale the DC down when the difficulty level goes up :lol: Perhaps it's on purpose because there are enough difficult encounters.

EDIT: it's funny, you have exactly the same party as I have. And I'm rogue (Sylvan trickster, like you it seems) ;)

Oh, I'm level 8, perhaps it changes something?

I believe you too, I'm just wondering how they managed to scale the DC down when the difficulty level goes up :lol: Perhaps it's on purpose because there are enough difficult encounters.

EDIT: it's funny, you have exactly the same party as I have. And I'm rogue (Sylvan trickster, like you it seems) ;)

Oh, I'm level 8, perhaps it changes something?

:) Yea my character Wulver Blackfur is a Chaos Tiefling. The game doesn't really support that (although the "generic" Tiefling kind of does) but he is a long time character of mine and there is lore on Tieflings whose lineage comes from one of the chaotic fey lords or chaos entities. Anyhow Sylvan Trickster seems to fit the chaotic rogue theme very well. I was even able to get him the "evil eye" and few other things that match up.

Anyhow I was thinking maybe as soon as you switch to "custom" some of the mechanics change on difficulty that are behind the scenes.

I basically always start a new game by clicking on "Core" then adjusting a few sliders to my liking (like standard number of enemies versus extra, weight doesn't effect travel speed, enemies use additional abilities, all negative effects removed on rest, and couple others).

So possible either the custom and/or my changes cause the difficulty to lower.

Must be the case across the board because you all keep talking about how hard it is to pass the will checks against Shamira and I never failed any of those - although granted I have this thing about being mind controlled … probably why I love Azata so much … so as soon as I can I pump up the will saving ability of any of my main characters so they always have very high will saving throws which probably made it easier … and I suspect for whatever reason the rolls I need to pass are lower.

EDIT: Oh and I am also level 8 ... although level 9 by the time I finish the Citadel ... so it must have to do with the sliders and custom setting behind the scenes.

If I think of it tonight I will set it to core and not touch the sliders and load the save before you enter the citidel and check again. But I can't imagine whatelse it could be. I wasn't aware the skill checks changed based on difficulty although in hindsight I guess it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom