XCOM 2 - Free DLC

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer reports that a free XCOM DLC will close the gap between Enemy Unknown and War of the Chosen:

Free XCOM 2 DLC will bridge the gap between Enemy Unknown and War of the Chosen

Firaxis celebrates XCOM's six year anniversary.

What on Earth happened between XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2? The canon fiction says that the player loses the Enemy Unknown campaign and the aliens take control of the planet. But how did XCOM 2's resistance form?

A new Legacy Ops mini-campaign should answer that question, featuring reimagined maps, weapons and armour from Enemy Unknown. The four-mission campaign is the heart of the Tactical Legacy Pack, which releases on October 9. It will be free to all XCOM 2: War of the Chosen players for the following eight weeks. After the free grace period is up, players will be able to buy it for $7.99/£6.49. You need to own XCOM 2 and War of the Chosen to get the pack gratis.

The pack includes an offline challenge mode to let you play through War of the Chosen's daily challenges whenever you like, and a series of escalating missions called Resistance Archives. You also get new soundtrack options that will let you play War of the Chosen with the Enemy Unknown soundtrack or with a brand new soundtrack inspired by the original X-Com: UFO Defense.

[...]

Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Hmm idk. It doesn't sound like there's much there as far as actual story. The campaign itself is only four missions?

Certainly can't complain about the price though.

Hey Firaxis, as a big fan of XCOM2 I must say "thank you very much" for the birthday gift :)

Yes yes, October 9th is the day I was born 46 years ago.

Meh not installing that 75GB game on my hard-drive again. Sorry:)

"Firaxis celebrates XCOM's six year anniversary."

... Is that dog years? 1994 was how many years ago?

Hmmmm, I didn't realize at first that you also need War of the Chosen to get the free content. Haven't picked that up yet, and not sure if it's worth it, to be honest. Then again, I have lots of stuff to play!

Hmmmm, I didn't realize at first that you also need War of the Chosen to get the free content. Haven't picked that up yet, and not sure if it's worth it, to be honest. Then again, I have lots of stuff to play!

War of the Chosen completely rejuvenates the base game. Well worth it.

Just passing by to remind you the XCOM 2 DLC Tactical Legacy Pack is available now.

Back
Top Bottom