What games are you playing now?

There is nothing in the patch notes that indicate delaying would add much value.

RTwP combat has been and will always be a cluster fuck no matter how much you "improve" it. That said turning off the realtime aspect entirely was available from the get go, making it acceptable. No patching needed, thankfully.

Last edited:
I finished Avernum III, which was great. I then intended to have a break from turn based fantasy games… but instead I got stuck into Dungeon Rats. Which is turn based fantasy. ;) I'm only an hour in, but so far so good - good combat and the convos seem to offer some interesting choices which I assume have consequences. I really enjoy Age of Decadence so I've got high hopes for this and so far yeah it seems to be delivering. Clearly a very different experience to AoD though.

I finished Avernum III, which was great. I then intended to have a break from turn based fantasy games… but instead I got stuck into Dungeon Rats. Which is turn based fantasy. ;) I'm only an hour in, but so far so good - good combat and the convos seem to offer some interesting choices which I assume have consequences. I really enjoy Age of Decadence so I've got high hopes for this and so far yeah it seems to be delivering. Clearly a very different experience to AoD though.

Not much dialogue C&C in DR. It's really about combat. A few choices matter, but usually easy to tell the "good" option.
What's your party like ?

Fair enough! I'm not far in, there was just an option in an early convo about initiating a fight with a quest giver rather than taking his quest. It made me hesitate in responding.

I currently have a party of three; a 1h hammer and shield with block, a 2h hammer with dodge, and a spear with dodge.

Edit: I've only had a limited choice in party composition so far though. My main character is the hammer/block.

Last edited:
Just started replaying d:eek:s-2; this time with loshe, ifan, red prince and a skeleton. loshe is my main. Hum. Wonder if the patches will make a difference from first play (which was on release).

Fair enough! I'm not far in, there was just an option in an early convo about initiating a fight with a quest giver rather than taking his quest. It made me hesitate in responding.

I currently have a party of three; a 1h hammer and shield with block, a 2h hammer with dodge, and a spear with dodge.

Edit: I've only had a limited choice in party composition so far though. My main character is the hammer/block.

Good luck, as with AoD, it's not an easy game.

Dungeon Rats is an awesome game, I had a great time playing it and it shall be replayed someday. Great memories, tough and challenging combat and enjoyable exploration, yumm!

You're not wrong about the challenging combat! I'm fairly familiar with the combat system from AoD so my characters are relatively decent - good dodge and block skills, hard to hit. But the combat scenarios are well designed with tricky positioning, and handling poisons etc and ranged enemies can be a nightmare (especially those black powder bombs.... they do my head in). Good fun.

You're not wrong about the challenging combat! I'm fairly familiar with the combat system from AoD so my characters are relatively decent - good dodge and block skills, hard to hit. But the combat scenarios are well designed with tricky positioning, and handling poisons etc and ranged enemies can be a nightmare (especially those black powder bombs.... they do my head in). Good fun.
I'm going on holiday so won't be continuing my aod for a bit...

Don't forget to use the wait button it lets you position yourself in advantageous ways.

Also use alchemy and crafting as they make a massive difference. Poison is very useful against humans.

Also special attacks especially against the torso are good against armoured opponents.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Still playing Original Sin 2 and a little ESO.

About done with OS2. I have to pay a visit to THE DOCTOR and take a stroll down the PATH OF BLOOD. And that's it (I think). What a glorious game it has been. However, I will be looking forward to some first person action after months of isometric....

I'm playing Kingdom Come and Into the Breach. Trying to improve my swingy swordy skills can be challenging but fun. I'm stuck fighting off 3 guys while this guy who is supposed to assist me scarpers off into the woods. 'Hey this game really is realistic!'

With Into the Breach I've figured out the importance of controlling the center of the board and thinking about the power grid at all costs. Also your artillery needs to be able to bombard buildings without losing them as soon as possible.

I'm stuck fighting off 3 guys while this guy who is supposed to assist me scarpers off into the woods.
I have absolutely no idea where are you at.
There was no such point in my game - keep in mind that the game does not force you to fight or kill anyone except a certain boss.

I have absolutely no idea where are you at.
There was no such point in my game - keep in mind that the game does not force you to fight or kill anyone except a certain boss.

Oh sure I can run away but I want to get their gear and a better sword. The guy that is 'assisting' me is hiding from some thugs meant to silence him.

Wait, I know what it could be. Is it cuman treasure? :)
If yes, that guy that scrammed is not supposed to help you - you've been scammed.

And you got lucky if that's what I think it is - that quest was bugged in my game. Or perhaps I got lucky. Because of the bug (invisible prisoner) I had to search for the treasure on my own, found it, but it was actual cash and items, not hostiles. ;)

Last edited:
Playing X-Com 2 w/ War of the Chosen installed. After a helluva steep learning curve, I'm having a lot of fun with it - it's great fun to see all your research and abilities come together to annihilate aliens.

Wait, I know what it could be. Is it cuman treasure? :)
If yes, that guy that scrammed is not supposed to help you - you've been scammed.

And you got lucky if that's what I think it is - that quest was bugged in my game. Or perhaps I got lucky. Because of the bug (invisible prisoner) I had to search for the treasure on my own, found it, but it was actual cash and items, not hostiles. ;)

Not that. I'll give a hint. Its along the main quest line and I found the guy sulking in a cave.

I'm also (re) playing D:OS 2; I've did the blackpitt his morning and it was hugely changed from my first play through (the fight with jonathan was really easy; but the one inside was still hard as hell; was gonna give it up on it but got it on my 6th or 7th try - level 13). When i did the jonathan fight the first time it seems the oil/fire spawns were infinite but this time it was very limited and they also fixed teh graphics (the slow down was huge when everything caught fire but this time i did not notice any slow down).

Still playing Original Sin 2 and a little ESO.

About done with OS2. I have to pay a visit to THE DOCTOR and take a stroll down the PATH OF BLOOD. And that's it (I think). What a glorious game it has been. However, I will be looking forward to some first person action after months of isometric….

Been playing Starpoint Gemini Warlords quite a bit and it has been pretty fun.

If you've played Starpoint Gemini 2 then it isn't so hard to explain it. They took SG2 and wrapped a lightweight, 4X'ish strategy game around the whole thing in exchange for some story.

If you haven't played SG2 then, well, I guess I'll start with the strategy layer. The overall map is 2D and pretty good sized with all of space divided into multiple regions. Capture the control point in a region and you own that region. Within the region there could be gas clouds, asteroids, and junk fields that can be mined for gas, minerals, and metals respectively if you build the appropriate mining stations there. Most regions start out hidden and need to be explored which you can do by finding relay stations and either linking to them (if they are friendly) or hacking them and fighting off the guards (if they are not).

In your home zone you'll have an HQ. As you build this up (using those metals, minerals, and gasses), you can use your HQ to build more ships, enable trading, and manage civilian fleets. The civilians can be used to explore various temporary opportunities to mine gasses, collect minerals, salvage metals, and do trading.

The game itself is 3D but the volume in the Z direction is a lot smaller than the X or Y so it's a bit like playing in a huge TV box. You fly your own ship and can tell any ships you build at your HQ to follow you around. (I've currently got quite a swarm following me around space!) You don't get a whole lot of control over them that I've seen yet so don't go in expecting a Homeworld 4X game but they seem to do a pretty good job of blasting enemies on their own. You can divide them into multiple fleets and send them different places but I'm just now starting to have a need for that.

When you're flying around in battle you have full 3D control. Turrets on your ship will fire at your target only if they are in arc, though those arcs are fairly simple (forward, back, left, right). Your shields are also divided by direction so you may find yourself with your front shield blasted, limiting how you attack.

It isn't all battle, though. You can trade simply by loading your ship up with cargo in one place then selling it in another. Or you can do randomly generated missions for cash. You can even collect gas and minerals yourself - though that doesn't seem to be worth the time spent so it's more of a relaxing pastime than a real strategy as near as I can tell.

There's also a story there. Not as big of a story (as near as I can tell) as SG2 but it's still there to tie things together. It gives you interesting things to do and battles to take part in so it's a nice diversion.

There's also some RPG-like skills to acquire and build up as you gain levels. You've even got some companions (the titular "warlords") that help out.

I'm only about 25 hours in but I'm enjoying myself. The game doesn't seem to have tons of depth in any particular area but it's got plenty of bredth to make up for it. It also makes for a nice secondary game to play as a change of pace.

Oh, and I'm also playing Prey - but y'awl know about that game already.

I'm also (re) playing D:OS 2; I've did the blackpitt his morning and it was hugely changed from my first play through (the fight with jonathan was really easy; but the one inside was still hard as hell; was gonna give it up on it but got it on my 6th or 7th try - level 13). When i did the jonathan fight the first time it seems the oil/fire spawns were infinite but this time it was very limited and they also fixed teh graphics (the slow down was huge when everything caught fire but this time i did not notice any slow down).

My experience was similar. The final battle was my first use of thunderstorm after wiping on my first try. A little pre-wetting with rain works wonders. It’s been my go to tactic for hard battles ever since. :)

Back
Top Bottom