Pillars of Eternity II - Flopped

Anyway like ChienAboyeur says everyone streams nowadays.

Never stated anything like that.

Beside, the comment is weird because it should be understood on the base of how everyone is understood.

Everyone has human rights except those who dont.
Everyone streams except those who dont.

The american way of understanding everyone.

Never stated, but even in that case, should be no problem.

Never stated anything like that.

Beside, the comment is weird because it should be understood on the base of how everyone is understood.

Everyone has human rights except those who dont.
Everyone streams except those who dont.

The american way of understanding everyone.

Never stated, but even in that case, should be no problem.
Yes and I smell bullshit here as you also talk about how it can be streamed.:lol:

Products designed to cater the needs of streamers are indeed meant to be streamed.

How it connects to the claim that everyone streams is a double standard mystery.

For one standard people, the simple fact they do not stream themselves is enough to dismiss the claim that everyone streams.

Everyone means themselves included.

I'm with Alrik, if it isn't printed I'm not likely to see it. If it wasn't for a telephone call that I received yesterday, I would have heard about these acquisitions here first, most likely.

I'm with Alrik, if it isn't printed I'm not likely to see it. If it wasn't for a telephone call that I received yesterday, I would have heard about these acquisitions here first, most likely.
I used to prefer reading written articles but nowadays it's mostly YouTube, or Twitch streams. Can't really explain why or when this change happened. It just did.:(

I'm not sure I agree, I still find many articles to read, although they do seem to be more on the internet these days than in print form. That I'm ok with. The only thing I've ever used You Tube for is watching old concerts.

Think I posted this before but I just find most reviews, and other written articles have a biased view nowadays. I'll just re-post this quote once again for reference.
Many games journalists hold the same exact perspectives. They share the same political and social views almost to a tee, and it paints their outlook on virtually everything else, causing a backlash among major portions of their audiences, audiences increasingly demanding apolitical, uncritical coverage to compensate. But such a reaction is equally extreme. Instead of blowing everything up, we should demand a fairer, more balanced approach to coverage, articles and podcasts and videos that elevate different voices, instead of demonizing them and shoving them to the margins. I have no interest in silencing the current crop of games writers. I just want to hear something different, too. God forbid.

The 2nd game was much better then the first....

I'm with Alrik and Carnifex on the reading parts, I hate watching streams, just write a press release instead. Watching videos takes up too much time, reading is a lot more efficient.

Ah yes the I'm to busy and have a short attention span excuse. Remember reading this also affected websites as they had to redo how to catch a persons attention.

I'll have to re-read those articles again.:biggrin:

I prefer reading because I can find specific pieces of information with a quick search when I need to double check something. Video are painful because to get the criitcal news you have to waste a lot of time paying attention to garbage.

I prefer reading because I can find specific pieces of information with a quick search when I need to double check something. Video are painful because to get the criitcal news you have to waste a lot of time paying attention to garbage.

Not necessarily garbage, but in written form I can skip to the things that matter to me (which may or may not be the same things that matter to others). I don't care about music or story in an RPG so I quickly skip those sections to read the gameplay sections. In a video I have to randomly forward to see where the part I want is, more likely I just won't watch it and look for a written review.

Yikes, I've never listened to a video review yet on a game, and reading the above comments assures I never will. I cannot imagine many worse things than listening to someone ramble on about something that I've no interest in at all.

there's a much huger difference between a hard disk and a SATA SSD than there is between a SATA SSD and NVMe SSD, for most purposes.

That's certainly the case for the general public. You'd get more mileage from a HDD-->SSD swap than you would a SSD-->NVMe swap, depending on what you do (and in the case of video games, I'd argue SSDs are just fine).

Really depend on the type of I/O being performed. I don't think there is a generic answer that covers all types of data access.

That's certainly the case for the general public. You'd get more mileage from a HDD-->SSD swap than you would a SSD-->NVMe swap, depending on what you do (and in the case of video games, I'd argue SSDs are just fine).

Just because I feel like I need to bring a little balance: I've enjoyed PoE2 and liked it better than PoE1.
However both pale in comparison to P:K (with a little more polish).

Back
Top Bottom