Kingdom Come - Interview @ PC Games Hardware

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
PC Games Hardware interviewed the developers at Warhorse Studios to talk about their funded kickstarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance. As usual here is a sample.

PC Games Hardware: The crowd- and privately funded Kingdome Come: Deliverance is one of the most ambitious games currently in development. Do you think that the greater part of the game-industry is funneled through a too-narrow path by the publishers and thus being held back in its evolution?

Dan Vávra: Yes, but I wouldn't say that it still is - it was. You don't need a publisher to develop and sell a game these days. Look at the Top 10 on Steam. 6 of 10 games are indies. Two years ago it would be one. Publisher model as it worked so far is a thing of the past.

PC Games Hardware: Some gamers are quite hyped by the thought of crowd-funding, some are cautiously reserved in fear of being disappointed or ripped-off and some of us are both. There's a difficult path in between for a developer to tread. How do you plan on doing so?

Dan Vávra: Game development is a risky process and everyone should be aware of this, especially when supporting someone on Kickstarter. Even the best developers make mistakes, games get delayed, features are changed on the go. Game development is research, not just manufacturing. There is lot of unknowns that can turn out to be more complicated than expected. So there is lot of risk, but the results could be awesome when things turn out right in the end. And that's why we do it and that's why its worth it to support new projects. We are trying to be open about what we do and how we do it. If there are troubles, we will tell people about it. People invested money in us, but we also invested a lot, I spent all my savings to get this project going and several years of work, lots of nerves, so I want this to be made the same or more than anyone else. :)
More information.

Back
Top Bottom