Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Screens @ CVG

Looks like the screenshots might be from the trailer.

Looks like the screenshots might be from the trailer.

Yeah, and if somehow those are not pre-rendered(IE they're from actual game play) I'll eat my desktop…

Ugh, have they posted real in-game screens?

More pre-rendered crap. What is this? Final Fantasy?

How about posting the dialogue screen or inventory, you know, stuff that actually matters to PC gamers at least. This keeps reminding me of Dragon Age, which went from "PC only RPG" to the blur-fest console RPG we got in the end as more and more press releases hit PC gamers on their face.

Anyways, they know that DX will sell because of hype itself to PC gamers so they will keep releasing crap press targeted to console crowd.

More pre-rendered crap. What is this? Final Fantasy?

How about posting the dialogue screen or inventory, you know, stuff that actually matters to PC gamers at least.
Funny you should say that; these videos are in fact made by Square Enix (partly due to the small matter of them buying Eidos a while back :biggrin:). They said the game's actual cutscenes will be done in-engine rather than pre-rendered, however, so you won't see any of Square Enix's work in the game itself besides maybe the intro and ending(s).

It has long been the norm for early trailers to show as little game footage as possible (ideally none at all), hoping to sell you on shiny visuals that are not at all representative of the game's actual graphics and gameplay. Actual user interface is typically revealed last of all.

They don't care about marketing this game to PC gamers; their focus is on a wider audience, and they have even used the dreaded word "accessible" when describing the development strategy for this and Thief 4 (er, sorry, "Thi4f").

Back
Top Bottom