The Quest

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
The Quest is a beautifully hand-drawn open world role playing game with old school grid-based movement and turn based combat.

In the kingdom of Monares trouble is brewing. The governor of Freymore is missing and the island is in tumult. The mages all prophesy a dark shadow looming over the safety of the kingdom. As an Agent of the king, it's your job to find out what is happening and avert any danger.

Choose from five customizable races and an array of skills, weapons, armor and enchantments, and explore a huge world of four cities and a wilderness of mountains, caves, lakes and forests – full of mystery, magic and intriguing challenges. Meet the many inhabitants, each with its own agenda and attitude towards your character. Some will be helpful, some greedy or lascivious or just plain mean. You will have many choices, including some that may place you against the law, along your way to the dramatic end of your own choosing.

Features:

• Pursue a long and dramatic main story and solve many optional side quests.
  • Create a highly customizable character and cast dazzling spells, enchant powerful items, concoct potent potions and persuade people to further your goals.
  • Discover an open world with interesting locales, day/night cycle, weather, fascinating people, dangerous creatures, readable books, pick-able locks, repairable items, houses that can be broken into, dungeons, traps and much more.
  • Play an absorbing card game with three different decks, accessible at the inns.

More information.

Checked the screenshots for the art and liked it, was about to decide to buy and then... single character game *grumble*.

It plays like an Elder Scrolls game with turn based combat.

Necro’ing this thread. I’m about 10 hours into this as a battle mage and the game is a blast. I agree with the Elderscrolls comments but this game is far more lethal and there is zero handholding. Manage your resources or die. And look before you leap. I’ve been searching for some mobile friendly games with meat and this is definitely one of them.

I played this one a few years ago when it came out for the computer and had a great time. I keep meaning to go back and get into the additional content that has since been released, really need to do that at some point. I'd purchase anything made in a similar vein by these folks, no questions asked.

I just realized they have released 4 expansions and another is in testing. That’s a massive amount of content. Downloading it all now!

Make that 5. Macha’s Curse released on Steam yesterday. I hear the expansions are 12+ hours but I’m still on the core game so unsure.

Aren't the DLCs also discounted ?

The base game seems to be at half price as is the largest expansion, and the rest are basically so cheap they don't require any sale, they are like three bucks or so. Great game with excellent value.

Totally agree, I got 200 hours out of this phone game port. I've played The Quest, Ice and Fire, Thor's Hammer and Celtic something or other. I find the base game and ice and fire the best. The other's are Monty Haul games.

Back
Top Bottom