Quantcast
RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Rampant Games - In Defence of Hit Points
View Single Post

May 21st, 2009, 11:45
When roleplaying in the d20 system, I generally use hitpoints to represent stamina rather than health. You aren't really taking any serious damage until you approach zero. Im using the rules very abstract depending on the situation. A character with more combat experience gets better over time to make sure not to get hit, or not to get any serious hits at least, thus they have a greater amount of hitpoints.

Star Wars Saga Edition uses both hitpoints and condition, which keeps track on both strikes that hurt, and strikes that wears you down over time. On a sidenote, Saga Edition promotes cinematic heroes like no other game I seen. Even at level one, NPC's are massively more powerful than a nonheroic character, and can most likely shoot down multiple stormtroopers without that much of an effort. There's even a roleplaying mechanic known as "destiny" which promotes heroism.
--
Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM