Battle Brothers - Video Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
CNonsense has reviewed Battle Brothers:

Battle Brothers Review | Tactical Turn-Based RPG Medieval Low-Magic Dark Fantasy

Battle Brothers is a tactical turn-based RPG set in a low-magic dark fantasy medieval setting which has you taking control over and managing your own group of mercenaries, first trying to survive, then grow, and possibly even thrive so as to create a name and reputation for your band. The game focuses primarily on tactical combat coupled with a secondary focus on resource management but is it a solid enough overall experience to keep the diehard tactics player interested long enough to reach the end-game?
More information.

it really is a good game. This is one of those games I can download and play 20 years from now and have a lot of fun with it.

The review asks if its's solid enough to have the diehard tactics player reach end game? With over 700 hours played that is a hard question to answer :)

"Diehard" certainly is the right word. Game was brutally fun.

Indeed, what an awesome game. I put maybe a hundred hours into my first play through, and I know that, sometime in the future, I will replay this gem.

The systems are extremely solid, but without a real goal I lost interest after 20 h.

I hope there next game will be a full tactical RPG.

The systems are extremely solid, but without a real goal I lost interest after 20 h.

Well, there is in some way. The disaster scenarios or whatever they're called.

If you vanquish all 3 you win basically.

Well, it's definitely going to be tactical. I don't know if it will be an RPG but I'm guessing it will be more goal-oriented.

if ever a game needed modding. wasted potential

Streamers consider the flow material too crappy to be worth streaming.

Back
Top Bottom