Mary Skelter 2 - Release Day

I have the first game from last summer, that I picked up on some really cheap sale yet haven't gotten around to playing as of yet. Likely it will be the next one up after I complete my journey through Troubleshooter.

I played the first one and really enjoyed it. Its a Wizardry like game with some dating game elements that can be largely ignored. The Anime graphics and the way that the female characters (the blood maidens who basically make up all of the party with the exception of the one male protagonist) are portrayed won't be for everyone. It is trippy though. Your caught in a demonic underworld and the main characters have connections to fairy tales. That's part of the story though.

Known Issues

The devs have put a thread with known issues, just in case:

Poor performance on laptop
If you are suffering from poor performance on Laptop then please make sure the graphic card settings are set to defualt to the dedicated graphics card, not the intergrated video card

Ultra Wide Monitors
In a few instances players with ultra wide monitors have experienced crashes while playing in Full Screen, if this is an issue for you please try using Windowed or Borderless Windowed mode

In addition the following issues were encountered in the release of Mary Skelter: Nightmares

DXFAIL error
If you have an Intel graphics card and your game crashes with DXFAIL error messages during any story-related dialogue sequences, there is now a solution to this issue:

1) Fully install all latest Windows updates. The update notes mention fixes which cover DirectX-related issues.

2) Go to Device Manager, find Display Adaptors and check the version of your current driver. Trying to use ''Update Driver'' will not work, and will claim that you have the latest driver, so you will need to update manually. Click on Properties, then check the date of your driver. If it's dated 2016 you will need to renew it to the 2018 version. Update it until you get this version: 24.20.100.6286

3) Search the web for your graphics card model and look for the latest drivers. The user hwo found the solution found there's here, but we cannot be responsible for external website contents, so please do be careful when downloading anything!

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers

4) Perform every restart if needed after updating your drivers.

Credit goes to '1gga' who described this solution in the Community Hub discussion pages. Many thanks to you for this finding! :)

Cannot save game
If you're unable to save your game progress, please check the following:

1) BitDefender has sometimes blocked access to your MyGames folder when running Mary Skelter. Please unblock this and you should be able to save again.

2) For those who are still unable to save please check that your save game folder isn't set to read only. Right click on the folder, select Properties and make sure 'Read Only' tick box is unchecked.

Controller not detected
A very small number of users are getting issues with the game not detecting supported controllers that are connected. To help the game recognise your controller try this: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-use-a-ps4-controller-steam,news-24039.html

If that still doesn't work, then try setting LegacyInput to 1 in the '.ini' file in the root of the game folder.

DXFAIL: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error message
If you are experiencing this message you need to update your drivers. If this doesn't work then unfortunately we're unable to resolve the issue as there's a driver issue that cannot be mitigated. This usually seems to be a problem with Intel graphics cards

As well as these known issues, we also recommend that if you're having problems generally, please make sure all your drivers are up to date.

If you can't find a solution here please email support@ghostlight.uk.com with your Dxdiag and details of the problem you are experiencing.

Gosh Forgottenlore, that's just the kind of tease I needed, now I'm likely to speed up playing the game I'm currently on to get to the first Mary Skelter sooner! That wizardry comparison got my goat.

Is it just me or does it kinda feel like you're supposed to drop acid before playing this? =)

You probably wouldn't like the game "Infinite Sunshine Dust" very much if Mary Skelter gave you that feeling. :D

It *was* a really bizarre game. I am trying to recall the beginning, something about being trapped in a living prison, and it's a JRPG. That is about all I can remember but that is making me want to play it again.

Gosh Forgottenlore, that's just the kind of tease I needed, now I'm likely to speed up playing the game I'm currently on to get to the first Mary Skelter sooner! That wizardry comparison got my goat.

There are some key differences. All the characters are set, though there are a few base classes, where the sub-class can be changed and customized as often as you like. You also have multiple characters of each base class by the end of the game, so you have by game end a lot of freedom about who you want in your party. Only the main character Jack is fix, but he is a unique support character. I would say its more forgiving than Wizardry in general as well, though there are some pretty difficult battles especially in the second half of the game. There is also a JRPG trippy story overlayed on the dungeon crawler.

You probably wouldn't like the game "Infinite Sunshine Dust" very much if Mary Skelter gave you that feeling. :D

It *was* a really bizarre game. I am trying to recall the beginning, something about being trapped in a living prison, and it's a JRPG. That is about all I can remember but that is making me want to play it again.

Yeah, its a living demonic prison that can change its form and wants to be licked.

Back
Top Bottom