Mars - New Title, Teaser Video

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Remember Mars, the action/RPG from Spiders (Of Orcs and Men)? We haven't heard anything about it since 2009 but a new teaser video has been released, along wth a new title: Mars - War Logs.
Mars: War Logs, the action RPG developed by Spiders for Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network and PC download, has been unveiled today in video! Mars: War Logs offers a wide variety of quests, tactical dynamic combat, and extensive character specialization through different skill trees and a complete craft system.

The Silk Engine, the powerful graphics engine built by Spiders, breathes life into the Red Planet. The in-game sequences in today's video give a glimpse of the exciting quest that awaits players on Mars in 2013! Mars: War Logs will be presented at Gamescom 2012 in Cologne next week at the Focus booth in the business area (Hall 4.2, Stand I-050a), alongside another undisclosed game from Spiders that will be unveiled for the first time.

Mars: War Logs takes you to the red planet over a century after the catastrophe that threw the planet and its colonists into chaos. Water has become the most precious resource on the arid planet with a few companies fighting a perpetual war for its control. In the middle of this struggle,
players take on the role of Roy Temperance, a renegade with multiple talents, and plunge into a thrilling cyberpunk RPG on the Red Planet!
Players develop Roy and his combat style by choosing among dozens of skills
and perks, and fight for his life in dynamic real-time combat against the fearsome creatures of Mars. The crafting system lets players create and modify equipment to maintain an edge over enemies. Dialogue choices as well as actions and decisions made will influence the destiny of the people Roy
crosses paths with...and perhaps the fate of all colonies on Mars.
More information.

I like the art direction, it reminds me of Dune. Sound promising - there is plenty of rpgs coming next year (looks at back log and feels depressed!).

Wow, I didn't see anything original in the teaser. Boring environment, generic scifi-buildings, soldier outfits and alien monsters plus the necessary evil guy. Even the font in the title is used everywhere...

Also the game description feels like it's been copy-pasted from one of the dozends of other "action-RPG's" in the recent years, with "skills and perks", "dynamic real-time combat" and of course the dialogue choices that shape the future of the whole planet.

I'd imagine it'll also have a "morality system" and cover mechanics...

Wow, I didn't see anything original in the teaser. Boring environment, generic scifi-buildings, soldier outfits and alien monsters plus the necessary evil guy. Even the font in the title is used everywhere…

Also the game description feels like it's been copy-pasted from one of the dozends of other "action-RPG's" in the recent years, with "skills and perks", "dynamic real-time combat" and of course the dialogue choices that shape the future of the whole planet.

I'd imagine it'll also have a "morality system" and cover mechanics…

Mmm, so what is the last rpg (or in fact any game) that you played that did not have what you have just described?

this looks cool.
but i cant see any openworld.
dont need another so called "action pipe levels rpg"

Last edited:
here's to hoping. The game looks promising to me but they are going to have to do a lot more than put out a trailer to make me believe this isn't vapor ware.

It looks interesting but I can't help being a cynic nowadays toward games.

it takes too much work and knowledge to create something good. Top down cuts some corners, but taking this direction you're inviting all types of failure.

but best wishes!

Mmm, so what is the last rpg (or in fact any game) that you played that did not have what you have just described?

Exactly my point. If I would be bothered to undertake the kind of enormous project that making a proper computer game is, I'd make something that hasn't been done hundreds of times before. If not the game mechanics, then at least in art direction.

Especially now in The Age of Kickstarter, when you don't need the approval of rigid producers for your crazy game ideas.

But maybe I just too annoyed with the boring graphics, that's all…

Back
Top Bottom