C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
I think 1.32 is now, tried it yesterday a bit, still too funny to play because of the glitches; tried for a couple of minutes. Anyway i started a replay of witcher 3 yesterday as well and 6 years later still has plenty of glitches too. At the start of the game when you go into the tavern to ask about yeneffer, you can see roach standing in 2 legs outside on the window…started 3 games to check this and it happened in all of them :lol:

EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:
CDPR Is Asking For Your Feedback On Cyberpunk 2077's Quests

Link - https://www.thegamer.com/cdpr-feedback-on-cyberpunk-2077-quests/
Sasko brought his survey on Twitter, encouraging fans to share their thoughts about what worked well within the game and what didn’t. The developer noted he’s currently working on a retrospective look at the project’s quests for his team.

To improve the situation, Paweł Sasko wants to know what Cyberpunk 2077’s quest has really stayed with you and why. You can join the discussion and name any character, context, event, mood, art, unique gameplay sequence, or original idea that made the story especially memorable. Additionally, Sasko thanked all the fans for their help and for playing the game.

CDPR acquires developer studio The Molasses Flood - GamesRadar
CD Projekt Red has acquired Drake Hollow and Flame in the Flood studio The Molasses Flood to develop a new project based on one of its existing IPs. In a statement, CD Projekt Red says The Molasses Flood will work closely with its new parent studio, but won't be merged with any existing teams and will "keep their current identity." It isn't clear the type of games The Molasses Flood will be making now that it's being backed by a major studio, but CDPR says it's developing "its own ambitious project which is based on one of CD PROJEKT's IPs."

In case anyone is still following this game...

New Cyberpunk 2077 updates and free DLC have been delayed to 2022

The Cyberpunk 2077 content roadmap (pictured below) was updated on October 28 to reflect what’s currently in development and when it will be released.

“Updates, improvements and free DLCs” will now be released in 2022, it confirms.

Prior to October 28, the roadmap was last updated on August 18, when “multiple updates and improvements” and “free DLCs” were listed as arriving later this year.
[. . .]

They just can't stop being stupid. You don't need a freaking map when there's only one destination on it and its location is marked "somewhere".

This is indeed hilarious.

Cyberpunk-2077-content-roadmap-october-2021.jpg

:lol:

They might as well just write it in text:
What? Changes!
When? Future!

I'm not mad just disappointed with how CDPR handled the launch, and treated day one buyers like crap. Were apparently Early Access buyers for the new console versions.

Sure thy released two small dlc's as a thank you but the rest was held back

Haha, if they released those as a "thank you", they're as bad at that as they are at post release support. A handful of jackets 6+ months later is a fruitcake level of a thank you.
Well that's what was written and said on a Reddit and offical Twitch stream. I'll have to find the transcript as it was from a few months back, and they got ridiculed badly.

The CDPR representative didn't like the reaction to two free dlc bonuses with the patch.

Haha, if they released those as a "thank you", they're as bad at that as they are at post release support. A handful of jackets 6+ months later is a fruitcake level of a thank you.

CDPR always had great post-release support in the past. I think they're just overwhelmed right now because they released a complete mess that should never have been released in that state.

I agree about the DLC. They're better off not releasing that at all until there's something more substantial.

CDPR always had great post-release support in the past. I think they're just overwhelmed right now because they released a complete mess that should never have been released in that state.

They did, absolutely. They were held up as a shining example of post-launch support. But there have been so many self-inflicted wounds with CP2077. Their combination of lack of communication with insulting their audience (with their "roadmaps" and their exaggerated fake hype about tiny changes) has done nothing but compound their mistakes.

A pretty entertaining review of Cyberpunk 2077. I had no idea of this dude. I got the recommendation from a tweet from Noah Gervais.

ACTION BUTTON REVIEWS Cyberpunk 2077

EDIT: Holy shit, I just realized that the video above is just the intro, of around 1h. Then he has a playlist of 7 videos, ranging from 1h-2h each of different areas/reviews of CP2077. So basically, all in all, this is a "review" of around 9h. Sweet jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ30Ch0mLmzJH9qX4VsWZUC73YoQqHNkS

Last edited:
CD Projekt's president insists the company is not for sale - VGS
In a new interview with the Polish economic newspaper Rzeczpospolita, Adam Kiciński was asked if the company was considering either finding an investor or announcing strategic options.

“We have been saying for years that we plan to remain independent and do not plan to become part of a larger entity,” Kiciński stated. “We are also not looking for a strategic investor.”

Kiciński was then asked if it would be possible for another company to perform a hostile takeover of CD Projekt by buying shares, but he explained that the company’s articles of association protected against this.

“There are provisions that significantly hinder hostile takeovers,” he confirmed.
CP 2077 'Will Be Considered A Very Good Game In Long Run,' Says CDPR - PSU
Cyberpunk 2077 is the biggest, most ambitious and definitely the most complicated project in our 27-year history. In almost every aspect, we tried to take it a step further, just as we’ve done with every Witcher game we’ve released. Releasing a game in a new franchise brings many challenges and risks, especially when the concept is so complex. We brought to life a huge, vibrant futuristic city called Night City, where the characters’ non-linear stories take place.

We’re proud of many aspects of the game, but as we know, not everything went our way. Nevertheless, the brand awareness of Cyberpunk that we’ve managed to build is huge, and the game universe, its characters and details have fans all over the world. Cyberpunk 2077 is the biggest, most ambitious and definitely the most complicated project in our 27-year history. In almost every aspect, we tried to take it a step further, just as we’ve done with every Witcher game we’ve released.

Releasing a game in a new franchise brings many challenges and risks, especially when the concept is so complex. We brought to life a huge, vibrant futuristic city called Night City, where the characters’ non-linear stories take place. We’re proud of many aspects of the game, but as we know, not everything went our way. Nevertheless, the brand awareness of Cyberpunk that we’ve managed to build is huge, and the game universe, its characters and details have fans all over the world.

Last edited:
Designer thanks fans as Cyberpunk receives ‘flood of very positive user reviews’
A RECENT STEAM DISCOUNT RESULTED IN A SIGNIFICANT BOOST TO 2077’S USER RATING
- VGC

Don't jump too quickly to the conclusion it was simply overpriced ;)

A Cyberpunk 2077 designer has thanked fans following “a flood” of very positive user reviews on Steam this week.

Cyberpunk is currently Steam’s global top seller, following a 50% price discount as part of Steam’s Autumn Sale, which saw it reduced from $60 / £50 to $30 / £25.

The influx of new players appear to have had a much better experience with the RPG than those who picked it up at launch, since the game’s user rating has been upgraded to “very positive” thanks to more than 18,000 recent reviews.

Previously, 2077 had a “mostly positive” user rating, based on some 404,000 combined user reviews submitted to date.
[…]

EDIT: comforts me in my strategy to wait a few years before buying AAA games.

That doesn't surprise me. It wasn't a bad game even when I played it, and that was quite a few patches ago. I imagine it's significantly better now.

The biggest issues for me personally were the balance and the loot distribution. Unfortunately, I don't think those things have been addressed.

Cyberpunk 2077 A Year Later - PC Gamer
I'd love to be writing a year later that it's a great time to be jumping back into Cyberpunk 2077. Apparently a lot of new players are having a great time. But honestly, if you've waited this long, I recommend waiting another year to see if more than just bugs get patched. A lot—but not nearly everything—has been fixed in a year, but making Cyberpunk 2077 whole will mean not just fixing what's broken but addressing what's lacking. I'm sure they'll eventually do the first part. I'm not so sure about the second. Maybe I'll try again next December.

Cyberpunk 2077 A Year Later - PC Gamer

Thanks @Couchpotato;. This is a well written balanced and truthful article. Nice to see them writing such articles. Otherwise the trend in industry of intentionally publishing unfinished games never stops. See, @Morrandir;, there the UEA is again :lol:

Back
Top Bottom