Black Isle - Re-Release of D&D Games

Yay! ordered it (PS:T of course).

And I remembered to log in as Pibbur this time. Yay!

Crap ... was hoping for a GoG digital release ... don't need yet another CD/DVD copy ...

Will the manuals be included?

I think maybe? the manuals will be included on the DVDs; typical for new releaes on DVD, this is...

I'm fairly happy about this :) Sad :( that I can't at the moment buy them. One day, perhaps :)

As for the DVD release, I think Interplay shan't have any of a digital release through GOG with Interplay's on-going lawsuit(s) witg Zenimax Corp. - the owners of Bethesda Softworks.

A lot of people will be happy to finally get a retail copy of Planescape, it was pretty hard to find for awhile.

That is very true. I hope they include instructions (or fixes) on how to make it run on Vista (or at least XP). Otherwise there will be some pretty annoyed customers out there!

Still have my old disks, so it's not like I need more, but that's still very cool news.

I wonder if they'll have updates or upgrades -- or at least will ship on one DVD instead of 6 CDs. :)

The games listed as supporting Windows Vista so very like they have been tweaked and updated with latest patch. Very tempting but only available amazon uk!.

PS:T is a cult classic, about time it was finally re-released. The others have already been re-released in various RPG boxes and other cheap versions.

Im really interested in getting some of these once more... But I'm definitely gonna wait till some people try it or review them. Quite a few "updates/rerelease" I've seen over the years tend to be hastily made and not running so well on many machines/configurations.. (Although I have to mention that I have to exclude GoG from that statement, everything I got from there works perfectly)

As for the DVD release, I think Interplay shan't have any of a digital release through GOG with Interplay's on-going lawsuit(s) witg Zenimax Corp. - the owners of Bethesda Softworks.
Wait, I thought these games were now fully owned by Atari, and it's indeed Atari that's behind the re-releases of BG and IWD, but I see the IPLY logo on the PS:T case. Either they're showing an old one and are mistaken, or IPLY made a deal with Atari seeing that Atari itself did not re-release PST, or IPLY is releasing something they don't own again.

Since all of them (as many other old games) are still in sell in Poland I don't really care :p

Crap … was hoping for a GoG digital release … don't need yet another CD/DVD copy …

Same here. I don't need any more BG 1 or 2. I've bought them both twice when the discs became too scratched to play.

Maybe CPD can throw GoG a little money their way to get some of these classics.

Considering PS:T is unplayable without glitches (either slowdown if you leave graphic acceleration on or gross interface mousetrails if you turn it off) on modern nvidia cards, is it really fair to say it's compatible with modern systems?

Considering PS:T is unplayable without glitches (either slowdown if you leave graphic acceleration on or gross interface mousetrails if you turn it off) on modern nvidia cards, is it really fair to say it's compatible with modern systems?

Yes, it's compatible with modern systems. That's been fixed for awhile now.

Link: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/39309975/m/925002667931
or you could try this link from Spellhold Studios. Pretty sure it's the same patch, just different place to get it: http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=30840

Back
Top Bottom