Morrowind Starting a new (modded) Morrowind play-through

D

Deleted User

Hello all. Just wanted to promote my new Youtube channel a little bit. It's a gaming channel for play-throughs of various RPGs and I'm kicking it off with a new Morrowind play-through. I'm using MGSO 3.0 and a ton of other mods, so if you want to kill some time then come on over and check it out! This is my first time commentating in a Youtube video so don't rip me to shreds :). I want to get better, though, so if you have any constructive criticism feel free to share! Thanks for reading and happy gaming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV06BZTNrQE

Edit - Video was removed. Here is the new first episode! http://youtu.be/CwcXWd4ZP2w

Last edited:
I'm envious that you have the time this. I've been dying to replay Morrowind for a long time.

It looks great, but why are you playing in 1024x768 resolution?

I'm playing in 1920 x 1080 with all the bells and whistles. Those settings in the menus are actually overridden by a program called MGEgui.exe. It's basically a program that lets you set all your graphical settings and what not.

Thanks for checking it out! It's been a ton of fun and I barely started.

I tried to do a replay a while ago after playing through Skyrim + Gothic 1 and 2. I just couldn't. It was just such a massive step down in terms of gameplay compared to Skyrim. I was actually surprised by the size of the gap between the two.

Anyway, good luck with the channel and the replay, looks like you're having fun.

Oh, I'm having a blast, really. It's fun to have an audience while gaming (or at least for now, a perceived audience :) ).

I love the gameplay in Morrowind. Skyrim is great, too, but there's something about Morrowind that makes it a lovely, relaxing experience. I also use combat mods and what not to make the game a little more modern. But still, it's very fun, even if it is an older game now.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who took a minute and checked out the videos! Very much appreciated. More will be coming soon and hopefully this will be quite an extensive play-through, so feel free to subscribe to see them all...

Sure! I'm going to make a video showing all the mods as soon as I figure out how to capture desktop video.

Just uploaded a video to my channel showing all the mods I'm currently playing with. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions of mods I should check out. Thanks!

You guys should all subscribe to my channel. I'm going to be uploading a full playthrough so you'll see a ton of modded Morrowind. I also hope to provide some decent commentary along the way.

Here's a video I just uploaded today. It's part 7 of the series. Just showing off a bit of the Bitter Coast region, which looks gorgeous in HD. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsa2v3Ucw9Q

Looks good. What are your system specs btw?

I don't know about that mod that requires you to drink water and catch your breath, etc., though. Seems like that would just get annoying after awhile.

Thanks for checking it out!

I like the Necessities mod just for the added realism, I guess. I may disable it if it becomes too annoying, though. I did recently double the day duration so I don't have to eat, drink and sleep as often now. That helps a lot.

System specs are:

Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
256 GB Samsung SSD
750 GB HD
AMD Radeon 7970m GPU (overclocked to 925/1400)
Blu-ray Drive

It's an Alienware M17X R4 laptop.

And I'm using a Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse to play with.

Back
Top Bottom