Witcher 3 - Preview @ Gamespot

Yes, not very escapist, is it? If we are forced to play a geriatric, then Geralt should also forget names and other thoughts, complain of a backaches, and should misidentify animal parts and other alchemy ingredients. ;)

Is it known how old Geralt actually is in TW3?

Is it known how old Geralt actually is in TW3?

I think he is in his late 90s after the books. Since the games takes place after the books I guess he is now 100+ :) I don't believe much time takes place between W1, W2 and W3 so 100+ is around the ballpark for W3 then.

It's pretty obvious that the games play fast and loose with the age of the characters. Dandelion is in his fourties in the books IIRC. At the same time Adda and Radovid are minors.

I like games where you don't switch your gear again and again. For me that actually breaks immersion to a certain degree. I don't think an actual warrior or soldier would switch his sword whiches balance and grip he knows perfectly for a new shiny one, just because it does 5% more damage.
Stats/dmg could increase the longer you have a weapon in your posession and use it, discouraging switching. I like it, dont think that has been done before. ill start a kickstarter.

Yay, great idea! Just introduce something like a "familiarization" with a certain weapon instance (not type!), that gives some small boni to hit chance and damage.

I just want Geralt to create a potion of youth and unscarring, then I'm good. Playing a geriatric feels too close to home :)

I like the transformation Geralt went through.

In the first game he was EA(TM) plastic model, after all their botox treatments I wonder when he could find enough time to brush up some fighting skills.
In the sequel, he got the face of a person who gets to clean up all sh*t in the world. Real face, not beauty salon fashion model crap. I loved it!
And in the upcoming game? Think whatever you want, but hell, he's sexy.

No pots and fountains of youth, please!

Call me silly but I never really thought about geralts age. I'm surprised anyone even cares.

Crpgnut and Trasher are simply going through midlife crisis so their PC has to be young and beautiful... :roll:

Call me silly but I never really thought about geralts age. I'm surprised anyone even cares.
Well, I've thought about his age, but I don't complain. I actually enjoy playing a guy who doesn't look like a freshman from highschool. ;)

It's Monday Thrasher. My sense of humor doesn't start till Tuesday :)

Back
Top Bottom