Project Eternity - Interview @ Gamers.de

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Thomas sends word of a Project Eternity interview with Josh Sawyer at Gamers.de:
G: The setting reminds me of some kind of a „new world”-scenario. It is planed that your group will be able to use a ship to venture to another continent at the course of the adventure? Personally, the thought about an Infinity Engine-quest line on a ship excites me. It would be a perfect scenario for romantic adventures as well!

JS: We have not yet decided all of the places you can travel in this game, but the Dyrwood is the "new world" for the settlers and there is a lot of ship travel in the area.
G: Regarding romances, relationships were always important elements in the IE-Games, especially in "Baldur's Gate 2". Will it be possible for our PC to engage in a relationship?
JS: We aren't currently focusing much attention on romances on Project Eternity. I would only want to include them if they feel like a natural fit. As we develop the companion characters, we'll see where their plot arcs take them.
More information.

Project Eternity has no morality or "alignment" mechanic. We use a reputation system (like the one in Fallout: New Vegas) to track the opinion various factions and communities have of the player. We believe this is more intuitive to the player and allows them to play with the factions instead of feeling like they are being judged by the designers.

This is one step in the right direction. It would be cool if they implement Fallout mechanics in PE as much as they can.
Hell, I even wish they make PE a flat-out Fallout clone in a fantasy world.

Glad to see there's not a huge emphasis on the romances. Seems like for DA:O *the most recent "spiritual successor" to the IE games and yes I know not an Obsidian product) that was a major selling point. While I enjoy the NPC interactions, forging romances in a game just doesn't appeal to me.

I also like their approach to voice overs: the less the better imo.

Glad to see there's not a huge emphasis on the romances. Seems like for DA:O *the most recent "spiritual successor" to the IE games and yes I know not an Obsidian product) that was a major selling point. While I enjoy the NPC interactions, forging romances in a game just doesn't appeal to me.

This has been debated plenty of times and while I respect your opinion I have to disagree. As for no morality system sounds good but I can't say if it works till the game is released.

Rule one of any gamer never believe everything a developer or publisher says.

Back
Top Bottom