The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I agree with the level 15 thing. You miss way too much. Even the level 7 vet is too much for a real newbie, though useful for me since I like to test builds and play around.

I think though, the thought is it lets people roll new, FR-born characters, rather than Eberron. Problem is that we'll have completely new players trying out high-level characters, with not an inkling of what to do, no gear worth speaking of, and no starter area to learn in unless Wheloon has one. And a level 15 "starter" area just seems kinda ridiculous.

It does give the impression that U17 was the end of Eberron as far as Turbine is concerned. They finally finished the storyline started way back in Tempest Spine, if not sooner. I don't expect any new Eberron packs to be frank, just FR. Maybe they will Epic some of the older packs though. Epic Delera's Tomb? Epic Threnal? Epic Sorrowdusk?

It'll have to have a lot of content to take level 15 characters to 20, even first lifers, though, so I am looking forward to that. If it is the case.

The end result will probably be a further fragmentation of the player-base, into Vets and Newbies. This is definitely not a good thing; pugging never really recovered fully from the XP Stones IMO. Which I expect to make a come-back as a perm store item soon.

I'm not sure what point there is to level 28. 1 more epic feat, with so few available choices for each character that you end up not really caring. The bulk of character advancement past 20 is in the epic destinies; a level 20 who has the best twists for a best destiny will not be significantly behind a level 25 with the same, with the same gear. 3 more levels will add very very little.

Agree about the high level stuff. Grinding out to level 25 seems to be a lot of wasted time. I have been running them just for fun. Those last few top destinies look nice but getting them is not worth grinding. So when I am in the mood I will do a few slayers or a quest. Mostly will just run with others when we are looking for something to do.

Fairly small update out there. Battle Box is fixed, so pick yer present. I ended up taking the heroism clickie on 4 toons, a tome on Klubbir (finished out her +2's), and a tome on Wouldii to turn into crafting fragments. GH is still screwed up as far as Argo favor (everyone lost 60 favor, but the rank/rewards were not taken away) and the 3 flags still not showing up in the Compendium. I took Wouldii in and Crag gave him the quest for Tor, so the game knows we've completed everything even if that info is missing in a couple places.

Tomorrow, we can either run Tor (probably minus dragons), or we can move on to the Orchard and Necro4. Wouldii is basically at the midpoint of lvl16 (2.5 ranks in), which I think is pretty much where everyone other than Az ended up a few weeks back. We probably need to make some progress into lvl17 (while holding 16) by milking Necro4 because there's only Harbinger1 and a couple house quests for us in lvl15 content. After that, we've got plenty of lvl16 content: the Vale and the Bridge series.

I believe we're all hands on deck this week.

I May be out today, depending on my laptop. It works, but it may not be playable due to an issue with the keyboard. Depends on if I can get into BIOS and shut down the built in keyboard and use the USB or not.

If I am out, it'll likely be for a couple of weeks until I get my bonus check. Buying a new rig would push me a little too close for comfort.

As a side note, tea and keyboards do not mix.

If we play with our level 16's then I think we should first complete Gianthold before going to Necro 4. I propose we first do Gianthold TOR on elite without the dragons to get the bravery bonus. Then we repeat on normal with the dragons to get flagged for the raid. You still get first time bonus for completing on normal. This way we don't disrupt any bravery bonus streaks. I don't think we cand do the dragons on elite.

If we don't have a full group then we probably could run our level 14 toons (Framework etc.) or the level 20 or 25. Doing epic hard Gianthold quests can probably be fun since you get great loot there and we haven't done them yet.

As a side note, tea and keyboards do not mix.
Must be something about tea. It has been demonstrated to me that ramen noodles, Spaghettios, granola bars, Lucky Charms, and poptarts all get along with keyboards just fine. ;)

Grape juice and keyboards do not mix well at all !

Everything was sticky ... Bah ! - In the end, I had to wash it, but some keys didn't behave properly thereafter anymore ... At one point I had to throw my keyboard away.

Pizza seems to like keyboards, however they hate taco meat............sad cause that is something I love.

Since I'm the only one that eats pizza at the computer, I chose not to mention the remote, nay, infinitesimal possibility of that getting into the keyboard. If it can't be blamed on the Wild Dogs, it didn't happen. ;)

I'll eat pizza anywhere, anytime!! I have 3 spare keyboards around the house!! :)

When I login now a big update is being installed. So be prepared for some time until you want to join the Friday session until you can actually login.

They have Scorpion pets in the store now.

And some are 20 % off

- Gargoyles
- Cranium Rats
- Kobold Shamans
- Bats

Plus their gear & name change parchment is 20 % off, too : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

I'm not sure whether I've understood this correctly, but I think they have a temporary re-release of all of the companions/pets, too ? More here : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostorecreaturecompanions

Freeitem of the week :

February 15-28
Box of Chocolates
Use Coupon Code OMNI50
1 / Account

I have checked twice and the code they post now does not work. The ad has the wrong dates for this free item, even though it is a different code from last week. I have a feeling the code showing now is right but the item and date stuff did not get changed.

Based on the coupon name I tried it for the omnispell dust and that is what we get. Use for the stack of 50.

Hey folks, about time to update your rosters over in the MMO thread. We've picked up a couple new players and it might help them out to know who's who and what level toons are out there.

If I have to make a spreadsheet you know what will happen............my eyes will bleed. :cm:

If I have to make a spreadsheet you know what will happen…………my eyes will bleed. :cm:
Butbutbut... The organization! Spreadsheets are your friend. It's just so tremendously organized! And there was much rejoicing! :p

You do realize I have trouble remembering anything about my toons once I leave the game; (sometimes I forget while in the game); how am I supposed to remember enough to actually update them here!?! :)

I did a two window split, one the Watch page and one the log in list of toons in the game. I think I should give Dte my password so he can log in on my toons, do spread sheets for all the stuff they have and all their stats and needs, then email me a copy.

Yea, that sounds like a plan to me.....heck isn't that why we gave him the BIG Book Of Plans..........so he could keep us organized? ;)

Back
Top Bottom