Heads rolling at Ubisoft

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Top figures are resigning or being put on leave, including CCO Serge Hascoët over sexual misconduct charges. I don't care what they did or didn't do, or whether it's ok. I want to know why big companies scare so easily. Do they think gamers won't play anymore because of whatever happened? The only people who care are the individuals involved and SJW witch-hunters.

Top figures are resigning or being put on leave, including CCO Serge Hascoët over sexual misconduct charges. I don't care what they did or didn't do, or whether it's ok. I want to know why big companies scare so easily. Do they think gamers won't play anymore because of whatever happened? The only people who care are the individuals involved and SJW witch-hunters.

"I don't care, so anyone who does care must be defective as a person."

I want to know why big companies scare so easily.

Ahh, I love the smell of lawyers in the morning.

Seriously, these companies are "scared" because of the obligatory litigation that might follow -- so they get proactive and get rid of the guy before the sh*tstorm.

Sexual accusations are extremely hard to settle in court (see Johnny&Amber right now) and can seriously damage the reputation of your company.

Or possibly, as a solicitor once said to me in my delinquency, "Your case is slightly complicated by the fact that you did it."

I actually don't care the reasoning for heads roll. The leadership of that company is so rotten they all need to be sacked ASAP. Unless they all do, expect another Helix scam.

Or possibly, as a solicitor once said to me in my delinquency, "Your case is slightly complicated by the fact that you did it."

"… regardless, I'm willing to represent you, but cannot guarantee anything. Here is my hourly fee, hope you find it reasonable. Accept? Splendid. Sign here please. Most excellent. Do expect a long process though."

"… regardless, I'm willing to represent you, but cannot guarantee anything. Here is my hourly fee, hope you find it reasonable. Accept? Splendid. Sign here please. Most excellent. Do expect a long process though."

Lol. Fortunately for me at that stage, it was the free one.

It will be interesting to see what the organisational structure/principles of Ubisoft looks like once the dust has settled.

I only hope they won't be poaching EA execs.

Birds of a feather and all that!! :)

For litigation shouldn't they need some kind of proof not just accusations? And the company image is found in the product not the staff.

For litigation shouldn't they need some kind of proof not just accusations? And the company image is found in the product not the staff.

I think these things are firstly investigated within the company or organisation, and any firing would have to be well-justified at that point. I'm not sure exactly how it is for Ubisoft, but I suspect it's the same as over here, where you have to be able to evidence gross misconduct to fire someone.

Twitter mob + Cancel culture = PR Nightmare + Lost Revenue = Pissed of Stock holders.

There the simple reason.:biggrin:

Does this mean Ubisoft will be selling M&M rights back to Jon von Canaghem?

Stop looking at me like that, my leap of logic is completely reasonable.

Does this mean Ubisoft will be selling M&M rights back to Jon von Canaghem?

Stop looking at me like that, my leap of logic is completely reasonable.
Doubt it they actually have a new game getting released.

Not my cup of tea though.

Never have I felt the need for a thumbs down so greatly.:beadyeyed:
I'll give you a thumbs up and a pat on the head.:petting:

So what is Jon von Canaghem up to lately?o_O

Except for the failed Command and Conquer game. I have no idea.

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ If you'll excuse the pun:

Pandora's box has been well and truly opened...

We're now well and truly entrenched in the vicious circle of encouraging ever more allegations and therefore empowering the alligators to ever bolder and more audacious claims.

It's not going to get worse before it gets better, it's going to get worse before it gets worse, and when it does get really worse, it'll be blamed on something else entirely.

My guess is that we're at the very early fazes of capitalism 'giving up'. It's long since stopped caring about societal balance, it's recently given up trying to maintain international diplomatic integrity and now it's entering the self-harm for self-preservation faze of manic depression/defeatism as companies eat each other with ever greater ferocity and just casually sack thousands of employees with gusto, the final faze being the everyone for themselves faze, which the sex 'scandals' are the first sign of, where even close mates can't guarantee loyalty. "leave the injured behind, it might at least slow the enemy up a bit while we try to escape/complete one last cash grab".

Twitter mob + Cancel culture = PR Nightmare + Lost Revenue = Pissed of Stock holders.

There the simple reason.:biggrin:
PR Nightmare - how many people REALLY care about this and have the power to actually do anything about it independently?
Lost Revenue - from what? I doubt sales would be effected and legal costs presume evidence of a crime and/or damages.

Back
Top Bottom