Bethesda Softworks - Big Mix of Games at E3

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamerant reports that Bethesda will have a good variety of games at E3.

In a meeting with Dualshockers, Pete Hines revealed that it is currently a hectic time at Bethesda, as the studio continues to prepare for E3. However, he feels very confident and excited about what is in store for players, emphasizing that Bethesda’s E3 lineup is diverse and will appeal to many gamers.

“I couldn’t give you any guesses as to what we’re going to announce and when those games will be out. But I will say, we have a lot of new stuff to talk about at E3. Whether or not folks realize it, this is the hell on Earth time for us with E3. We are in the midst of so much planning and work for all of that content but I’m really excited.

I think we have a lot of stuff that folks are going to like. To my earlier comment, it’s going to be a big mix of stuff that’s all over the place. It’s not going to be like all [one] kind of game or genre. It’s going to be a lot of stuff in a lot of different areas and hopefully, there’s something in there for everybody.”

[...]
More information.

Can't say I like that. I tend to prefer when companies focus versus trying to do something for everyone.

I bet the mix will contain Skyrim Shelter for phones Nox and Bluestacks, Fallout Online and Prey DLC.
Oh and Oblivion for Nintendo Switch.

A fresh PC singleplayer RPG in the mix? Not gonna happen.

Agree. Bethesda is traveling the Bioware path, becoming less relevant every time they open their mouth.

Fallout/TES or I don't give a shit, Bethesda. The rest of your stuff is dull.

Lol, I'm not the biggest fan, but shouldn't we atleast let them show their new lineup of games before judging so harshly? :p

Lol, I'm not the biggest fan, but shouldn't we atleast let them show their new lineup of games before judging so harshly? :p

What kind of human are you? You have to pre-judge.
Everyone uses past indicators as a predictor of future results! Thats why we don't have to touch fire every single time we see it. Or stand in front of every color of car to see if this one won't hurt us. Its kept us functioning for a long time. Why change now :)

Definitely the Prey DLC (probably standalone like the dishonored stuff was).

I'd bet, like joxer said, some crappy mobile thing.

And (here comes the wishful thinking) a Fallout 4 spin-off like Fallout NV developed by someone other than Bethesda. It'd be nice if they showed something for elder scrolls 6 but probably ain't gonna happen.

Possibly a non-dlc thing for Wolfenstein 2.

I can't think of anything new ID would be doing and I doubt it's MMO since Bethesda has nothing to do with developing or publishing TESO.

I'm actually kind of interested for once (even if it's just to get more info on the new Prey thing).

I'll wait and see what they actually put forth, but I'm as hopeful of good products as Flyer fans were last night of the series' progression.

I'm practicing my grumpiness. I'm getting older so I need to level it up!

This is The Watch. There's no room or logic for your optimism here!

My moneys on they will officially announce their Sc-Fi RPG Starfield.

Everything else I don't care about.

My moneys on they will officially announce their Sc-Fi RPG Starfield.

Everything else I don't care about.

Hadn't heard of Starfield - a quick google showed a youtube clip. It looks…like a scifi - re-skinned fallout 4 (which I never bothered to finish). Too early too judge, but I saw nothing that grabbed my attention, just more pew pew, which is disappointing. If I am going to pew pew, I'd rather it be with magic ;-) After ME:Andromeda I'm also a bit burned out on 'epic' sci-fi settings, which is probably biasing my opinion.

I read rumors of a Doom 2 announcement today, it seems based on Pete's "Whether or not folks realize it, this is the hell on Earth time for us with E3." comment.

But I suspect most of the presentation will be previously announced/teased stuff like TESO, Prey and Wolfenstein 2 upcoming DLCs and mobile games.
@booboo; Bethesda Starfield might not even exist as a game, the only thing that exist is a trademark, everything else is rumors and false leaks.

I read rumors of a Doom 2 announcement today, it seems based on Pete's "Whether or not folks realize it, this is the hell on Earth time for us with E3." comment.

But I suspect most of the presentation will be previously announced/teased stuff like TESO, Prey and Wolfenstein 2 upcoming DLCs and mobile games.

@booboo Bethesda Starfield might not even exist as a game, the only thing that exist is a trademark, everything else is rumors and false leaks.
So do you follow every game as you always have an inside scoop.:biggrin:

The Wolfenstein 2 DLC does interest me though as I love the series. Have to give Machine Games credit as they evolved the franchise, and made it popular again.

So do you follow every game as you always have an inside scoop.:biggrin:

I just follow reddit/r/games and neogaf Resetera forums. I go inside Bethesda related threads to see if there are new rumors about a future TES game and that result in me learning about their other games.

I wouldn't kick them out of bed if they produced a space opera TES-type game. There might be some grumbling if that engine doesn't get some serious attention, though.

Until I see actual footage, I still think Starfield is just a giant red herring.

I'll take that Prey expansion, please and thank you.

I enjoyed Prey, but thought it could be more content rich. I'd take an expansion as well.

As anyone here knows I am a massive fan of many Beth games - especially Skyrim and FO4. That being said not blind to their progression from earlier versions to newest nor what happened to other companies.

Certainly not giving up hope but I get nervous when a company, IMO of course, does very well at a certain game style keeps wanting to widen what they do. I just prefer a smaller focus.

But who knows it may be awesome. I certainly hope so.

These projects are fillers. It will growingly difficult for this company to live off products that are released every five, six years.Especially as they have not yet reached Rockstar's level in sales.

TES and secondly FO will remain the main products they can not screw. They can fail their other projects but failing TES or FO would be damaging.

Back
Top Bottom