Space Shock - Updates #1&2, Time for combat!

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Ideas Unbound has two updates for their kickstarter RPG Space Shock .

Welcome to the Space Shock Kickstarter Campaign!

Firstly, we would like to say our thanks to all those have pledged and supported us. You are amazing, all of you and we know it is very hard to decide to pledge on the project from an "unknown" developer. That's why we worked hard to make and show you a real game prototype and we offer you a real game not only empty promises. You will see more in the planed updates

Hi backers and fans! We're here with our Friday update!

We're glad to see there are a lot of people interested in this project and we have received a lot of questions and suggestions. We want to answer some of them and make it clear for the backers.

First-person or isometric view

Originally Space Shock was developed in a classical Dungeon Master style but set in a sci-fi environment. After the first videos were released we received tons of messages with the feedback and wishes from the players. The people wanted a turn-based combat more than real-time hit'n'run combat style. That's why we decided to switch the combat style to the turn-based one and isometric view for a better overview of the battlefield. The player is able to pan, zoom and rotate the camera to have the perfect overview and control over the fight

More information.

Isometric as in 2D? Or isometric as in pulled back 3D with full camera controls?

Honestly, I think I've already got enough of the former to last me until the Oculus Rift comes out.

P.S. Ah good, the video shows it's the latter!

Looks interestesting. I starred it. But almost 10 days in and not even 1/10 raised??? Also, only 2 updates in almost 10 days? This must be their test Kickstarter run . . . .

aint happenen'

Looks like a lot of potential here. I hope they reach their goal. If not, hopefully they'll get it with a second campaign.

Yeah, reading the page didn't exactly inspire. The video is OK but, when you can't be bothered to get the grammar right on your front page and one of the pledge rewards is "Your name memorized in Spaceship logs" ... uhhh, no thanks.

Dear Developer,

If you are reading this, please try to:

- Watch a good Unreal 3D Lighting Tutorial and properly Light Up your scenes, because currently they are abysmally dark. The core problem why you don't have more backers is in fact the bad lighting probably. All scenes should be much lighter with fighting monsters and players lot more visible and the "intimidating darkness" in the background could be covered with Fog of War or strong smoke/mist or just covered in light blue-print colour.

- Turn based is okay, but Grid-based movement is a Huge Turn-off, try to begin your next Kickstarter Campaign with FREE-WALK intro, then just as a short reminder introduce you have Grid-based movement too.

- If your Next Kickstarter succeeds maybe as a minor priority try to hire / find better graphics artists, because your graphics is currently Un-amazing, but mostly because of inept Level-Lighting.

- We played Incubation and your game from above looks a lot like that awesome game, but notice how nice the levels there were Lit-Up? It looked still dark, but much more light was "let in" so players could see the level better and could have a grasp of the awesome environment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeVaXFkaaOs

This could be a great game thus I'll pledge, but with this tempo of suppport I realy don't see it'll succeed. :(

They should cancel the project, work on the presentation some more and return in a while.

Well now we're talking about a whole different type of game, aren't we? One I might want to play.

@Mercy: a shout out to my fellow Incubation fan. What a game!

Incubation was decent, if a bit simplistic.

I LIKE grid-based movement :)

Back
Top Bottom