RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Elex 2
Thread: Elex 2
View Single Post

September 25th, 2021, 04:41
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Well, it's not like we're importing our character. If that was the case, then yeah, I'd agree that our choices in the first game should carry over. I'm fine with them picking a canon ending.

I've always found C&C over multiple sequels to be largely disappointing. Even in games where it was supposed to be a big deal, like in the ME trilogy, it had very little impact for me.

On the one hand, yes, on the other hand, no . I personally liked the choices that carried over from game to game in ME and I wish that ELEX would have taken this to a whole new level because ME is a series that is about a decade old so it would have been nice imo if PB would have massively improved upon what ME did "ages ago".

Regardless of any of that, they are the masters of their own creation. I would have found it pretty cool if they would have figured out a creative way to maybe let the player choose at the start of ELEX 2 how ELEX 1 ended and then take it from there in a way that player choice would be respected (another example of this would be the Pillars of Eternity games).

Back in the day (early 2000s), PB used to be a small dev who showed the big guys with the big budgets how it's done.
Nowadays, PB (still) doesn't have Unreal 5 engine graphics but they could easily beat the big guys at story, consistency, player choices & consequences, AI and a thought-through epic story spanning a trilogy while respecting certain player choices.

I just find it a little disappointing that they are not even trying anymore but just like any old dev they're like "this is canon so deal with it". PB used to be more ambitious than that.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)