Dark Deity - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The strategy RPG Dark Deity has been released:

Dark Deity

Command legendary heroes to reshape a land fractured by broken oaths, reckless wars, and secret arcane powers. The technological and cultural achievements of a once-great civilization now lie locked inside the ruins of ancient temples throughout the world of Terrazael. Long after society's mighty history is snuffed out by a powerful and mysterious "Calamity", the people of Etlan teeter on the brink of total war.

In a desperate attempt to bolster his recruit ranks, King Varic of the Kingdom of Delia expedites the graduation of all students at the Brookstead Military Academy, severing a pact that has stood for a thousand years. With the course of their future undemocratically derailed, these four "graduates" of the Brookstead Academy set out to leave their mark on this world.

This is their story.

Strategize through 28 chapters of iconic turn-based combat scenarios and objectives that will put your tactics to the test while your units earn hard-fought experience and recover from the scars of grave wounds.

Choose between 54 distinct character classes, each with their own skills and capabilities, ensuring every playthrough is a unique one. Face a wide variety of enemies as you guide your units' destiny toward their ultimate forms.

Travel with 30 memorable playable characters with varied backgrounds, personalities, and motivations, as they set out to change Terrazael forever.

Forge friendships as units bond together in the heat of battle. Character's relationships evolve in over 400 different conversations that show a glimpse of life beyond the battlefield with real and tangible gameplay implications.

Equip your team with a diverse array of hundreds of upgradable weapons and spells to gain an advantage at the edge of battle.

Discover droves of divine and ancient artifacts scattered across the world that will transform the abilities and destinies of those who wield them.
More information.

If you like Fire-Emblem like games this game is for you.

Great amazing presentation, but then the trailer arrives to the bad combat. :D

The only thing that concerns me with games like these are the possibility of having items/weapons that break or decay in game. That's an annoying "feature" that I'm not keen on at all. I like what I'm reading here about all the classes, there's enough there to easily suit any play style.

@Carnifex; - I'm playing the game right now - no weapons are breaking/decaying in this game (at least at normal difficulty). The rest of the mechanics are pretty Fire-Emblem like.

Well, your opinion carries much weight with me, HiddenX, thanks for the feedback. I'll put this one in the "acquire" pile! May all your hits be crits!

Yeah - I can't stop playing it. Easy to learn rules/classes/skills to solve complex combat situations. I'll put it as a recommendation on the RPGWatch Steam Curator this weekend.
This game really came out of nowhere for me.

Same here @HiddenX; ! Came out of the blue and I'm loving it. :) Combat is superb, the weapon upgrade system is interesting and reminds me of the Suikoden series, and the companions cutscenes (bonds) and story are great. Really a sleeper hit for me.

Well, I scored this as a Father's day gift, so I'll likely be playing this sooner rather than later. First to finish Tyranny though, and then another game might come before this one gets the nod.

I thought that was going to be a FF Tactics game but that's not really what it is at all, huh. Interesting.

Why do they all look like high school teens? :(

Why do they all look like high school teens? :(

The first characters you get are from a military academy who are very young - later in the game you get characters of all ages.

Back
Top Bottom