Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Choices and Consequences

I believe AC Odyssey doesn't have repeated or so called radiant quests - that's why you won't be playing it for thousands of hours. ;)

:)

Although just to be clear I tend to really dislike repeatable or radiant quests. In FO4 I avoid them like the plague.

My many hours in Skyrim are a mix of playing 3 main characters, one of which lasted for 5 years, and writing a total of 4.5 books on him (Grim).

Besides the deep immersion and role playing I love about the game, which lets me sink so much into the game, it was also my first ever modded game and the first game I learned about ENB and other post processing tools like SweetFX.

Then it opened up screen archery, making mods, making ENB presets, and linking up to the whole modding community on Nexus and sharing stories and images on the image share.

In many ways Skyrim was like the best of both worlds - it was a SRPG I could do myself yet I also had this great community and social online connection outside of the game.

Many of those 4K hours (actually its around 3670 I think - not at home to look it up) were spent making ENB presets which require hundreds of hours of tweaking. Plus I spent many hours testing mods I both made myself or used. Also some of the stories I wrote could take up to 30-40 hours to create the screenshots in-game just for one long chapter.

All that time adds up. But I can assure you very little of that time was spent doing radiant AI or repeatable quests.

Same for FO4 which I am now at about 2500 hours played. Started my 7th play though a few weeks ago and still enjoying it. I don't do as much ENB preset work or story writing, as I really enjoy the game play in FO4 and unlike most other games I play, I love the combat and really enjoy it. I play on survival mode and use mods to make the game harder and immersive ... and just really enjoy getting into it.

That being said its nice to take breaks and enjoy other games so looking forward to ACO and a few other games coming out over the next two years.

Map

AZLj2lf.jpg

62% larger than Origins.

From the trailers i really like how they have done the water, big waves rolling into shore, never seen that before in a 3D game, looks beautiful. I really love games where you can dive, glad they're keeping that perhaps expanded on that slightly. This setting seems a bit more boring than Origins, but they do seem to have included both forests and snow covered landscapes, so im hopefully wrong.

Looks pretty good. Dialogue flow seems a bit stunted, don't expect too heavy c&c, but at least they're making effort for quest/story to be more engaging. ( don't expect Witcher quality, though).

I dont think anyone expect Witcher quality. :) But yes, their try to go into the right direction.

World is always a star in AC games, level of detail is off the charts. Plus they're adding some Nemesis mercenary mechanic, and Global war between factions.

That Nemesis mechanic is probably a gimmick, but there should be really raging war with many battles on the island and you can allegedly influence the outcome. I wonder if one faction could really take whole map and win. Its probably one thing missing from the video above, but… devs probably didnt clarify that.

vurt said:
62% larger than Origins.

Yes, but large part is covered by sea so… in the end it wont be that much bigger. But maybe Im wrong and there will be many things to find by diving everywhere. Ancient diving simulator. :)

That Nemesis mechanic is probably a gimmick, but there should be really raging war with many battles on the island and you can allegedly influence the outcome. I wonder if one faction could really take whole map and win. Its probably one thing missing from the video above, but… devs probably didnt clarify that.

I think it's actually a pretty neat implementation of it, others games could look up to: if you commit a ( severe) crime/or piss off a certain faction, they will be sending "unique mercs" ( like Orc commanders in Mordor) after you, so it doesn't feel like mowing down same generic guards/bandits in the same way, again and again.

Nothing revolutionary ofc, but it's a better alternative to how it usually works ( pay the fine, so they stop annoying you).

The nemesis system makes me interested. I loved it in the Lord of the Ring games.

Yes, but large part is covered by sea so… in the end it wont be that much bigger. But maybe Im wrong and there will be many things to find by diving everywhere. Ancient diving simulator. :)

It looks way bigger even if you include the sea (which have tons of big and small islands + you can explore underwater too, so it still counts as a kind of landmass, though less to explore than on land.

To quickly summarize.

Assassin Creed: Origins - Huge map but 50% was just sand and few ruins.

Assassins-Graeber-und-Steinkreise.jpg

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Same size but now has 50% more water than sand.

assassins-creed-odyssey-full-map.jpg

Tbh, I'm far more excited for this than any Bethesda "rpg".

BTW It would be funny if Bioware and Bethesda would start to create Ubi open world MMO collectibles trash (well, Anthem may go that way..) while Ubi would start to do ARPGs in the style of Bioware or Bethesda. :)

Back
Top Bottom