Technomancer - Officially Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Spiders and Focus Home Interactive have officially announced they are both working on a new Mars: War Logs sequel called Technomancer, and sent two screenshots.
Technomancy theme expanded and explored in new RPG

Spiders are back with The Technomancer, a new post-apocalyptic RPG set in a cyberpunk world for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC set on Mars during the War of Water, where an aspiring Technomancer faces a myriad of questions as his future grows threatened by the secrets of his past.

An RPG, The Technomancer will offer players action-oriented combat gameplay along four different skill trees, focusing on 3 different fighting styles and the destructive electric-focused powers of the Technomancers. But all situations aren't necessarily to be dealt with brute strength, with dynamic conversation dialogue playing a deep role in quests, changing the story depending on the decisions you make. Craft equipment, weapons and armor for yourself and for the companions you'll recruit along your adventure, nurturing relationships with them.

On the run from the Secret Police and confronted by the harsh realities of the Red Planet, you must undertake a quest that takes you through tribal communities, cities lost under the ice, and dystopian shanties sprawled across Mars' dusty embrace.

Faced with the cruelty of Mars' iron-fist enforcers and wild-life, can you survive long enough to uncover the truth behind The Technomancer?

• A unique and thrilling science-fiction RPG experience set on the Red Planet.
  • Bond with numerous unique and interesting companions and reveal secrets about their past.
  • Manage their inventory and level up your companions.
  • Up to five different endings for many quests changing the conclusions and rewards - even the people you'll meet and journey with!
  • A dynamic crafting system that changes the visual appearance of weapon and armor.
  • Play as a Technomancer - a combat proficient warrior with use of cybernetically enhanced magical abilities.
The Technomancer is slated for a 2016 release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. - Visit the website
I also had the chance to do a few interviews with the developer a few months back.

1. Technomancer Interview
  2. Spiders Interview #1
  3. Spiders Interview #2
More information.

Last edited:
Here are the new screenshots I forgot to add.

Attachments

• The_Technomancer-01.jpg
    The_Technomancer-01.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 111
  • The_Technomancer-02.jpg
    The_Technomancer-02.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 109
I thought it was an RPG based on GURPS Technomancer. This is disappointing, it looks like a generic AAA action RPG.

I didn't take the time to play the other RPGs they released (Mars and... Bound by Flame I think?) but from the reviews and comments they all seemed to try things differently without the ressources or knowledge to properly implement them.

I thought it was an RPG based on GURPS Technomancer. This is disappointing, it looks like a generic AAA action RPG.
It's only disappointing to you as we have a lot of members who enjoy playing Spiders RPG games on this forum. I also unofficially announced this game a few months ago.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27351

I even did a site poll about the developer a few months ago.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27373

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think many gamers know that Of Orcs and Men, and Game of Thrones was a joint project with Cyanide Games. As Steam and other websites don't mention it either.

These guys are cool, mars war log was neat for the little I played:)

I quite enjoyed both Mars Logs and the Game of Thrones games, although if I had to pick one over the other, Mars would win. I'll be following this sequel for sure.

This studio has come painfully close to making a really good RPG with their past several games, only to fall a little short. Mars: War Logs had the most unique and intriguing setting of the lot, so I am very happy that they are making a sequel. I hope that, finally, Spiders will be able to translate potential and good ideas together into a really solid RPG.

War Logs was decent for a budget game. It was like a poor man's Gothic in a sci-fi setting. Bound by Flame seems decent as well judging from the little I've played.

Looks like we've got quite a ways to go before this one is released though.

I think that it's a good thing that Technomacer is going to take awhile longer to finish, JDR - both War Logs and Bound By Flame felt that they would have enormously benefited from an extra year of development.

War Logs does feel a bit like a sci-fi Gothic 1 in some ways - prison setting, unique progression through the story, different factions, etc.

I think the Game of Thrones (i liked it very much) and the 'of Orcs and Men' were joint-projects with Cyanide. The Mars and Bound by Frame were solo ventures from Spider only.
I look at them as indy approaches to cinematic rpg like those of the Bioware,
which is very hard thing to do if you do not have the appropriate budget.

Although the sci-fi Gothic is not bad analogy

Cool. I enjoyed Mars War logs and played BbF through 'til the end although it wasn't quite as good IMO.

Mars:WL sequel?
Shuddup and take my money.

Said back then when first game was out.
Mars has a Fallout1 feeling. A game not very long with so much material to expand the story, the world and setting. And now I expect Fallout2 feeling from it's sequel. Am I too optimistic? Maybe I am.
But 2016. won't come fast, there is plenty of time to make the game so good to compete in next year's sci-fi RPG clash of titans.

Do you dare to predict who'll win the year between these:
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Mass Effect 4
- Fallout 4
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Technomancer

While a couple of new entries wouldn't hurt as it's the more the marrier, the list of contenders needs these three games to be complete:
- Kotor 3
- System Shock 3
- Anachronox 2

2015. is the year of RPG renaissance? Okay then, 2016. is the year of scifi RPG renaissance! Can't wait.

Last edited:
This sounds decent, will keep it on my radar. :)

Daniel.

Do you dare to predict who'll win the year between these:
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Mass Effect 4
- Fallout 4
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Technomancer
Don't think CP77 will be released in 2016.

I like Mars: War Logs. I had some good time playing Bound by Flame too. Games are "fresh" in comparison to what AAA "main stream" has to offer. Some interesting ideas popping up here and there. Sadly it`s always lack of final polish, too little money or rush that puts Spider games on middle shelf in my most remembered gaming experiences. But its such strong place on that middle shelf that I will buy their next games hoping for release of full potential and something trully amazing. Maybe they will achieve that with Technomancer. I really hope so
Btw I`m almost sure that there was a game of that title few years ago. Almost, in case I`m mistaken ;)

Back
Top Bottom