Divided Reigns - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The JRPG Divided Reigns will be released today:

Divided Reigns

Inspired by some of the best games ever made, Divided Reigns keeps the focus on good storytelling, strategic battles, and immersive exploration just like the JRPG greats of the 90's.

Gameplay Features:

• 70+ hours in the main story
  • New, unique, and strategic battle system
  • Deep and emotional main story
  • Loads of side quests and secrets to discover
  • Nine main playable characters each with character arcs that test who they are and develop over the course of the whole game
  • Tons of equipment to build your team for a wide variety of enemies
  • Brand new attack system where you exploit enemy's physical weaknesses similar to other games' elemental weaknesses
  • Regular calendar events with unique rewards only available during the events
  • SO much more!
A huge World to explore

A deep and emotional plot

Follow Captain Ailfred and Lieutenant Shakar after they are exiled from their home kingdom and try to find peace in a world that seems to love war. Get help from an unexpected place--a wandering Abeyan father and daughter, Habar and Niomi who have a secret they vowed to never reveal. Meet and recruit the fencer Celeste, the daughter of one of the richest men in all of Kairon. Navigate needing the help of a monk named Gall who hates Ailfred for his role in the destruction of his homeland. There are nine main characters in total--each with unique personalities, motives, and story arcs. Each character also brings different strategic tool sets to overcome your seemingly insurmountable foes.

The battle system of Divided Reigns has been redesigned from the ground up to make each battle fun, challenging, and feel fresh. Different weapons grant the character wielding it different attack types. Does the enemy have a steel breastplate? Thrust attacks will probably not work well, but Side or Trip attacks might! Just found out the enemy is weak to ranged attacks? Swap that greatsword for a crossbow mid-battle to maximize your attacks. Use the enemy art to try to guess which of the eight different types of attacks will work best, find those weaknesses, and exploit them!

Nostalgia Addict Games is a small indie video game developer who truly cares about the craft and art of creating great games. If a bug is found, a suggestion needs to be made, or you get stuck in the game, the developers are always on the Steam discussion board to help with anything. If you choose to purchase and play Divided Reigns, we want you to know we appreciate you more than you could ever know. We hope you enjoy the game!
More information.

Another RPGMaker game. Still I'll probably check it out.

I wish I could stomach the big heads and 90s-era graphics, but I dont.

I'm suprised there's such a market for these cookie-cutter RPG maker games. Good for those developers I guess, but I'll pass.

I know someone that's getting this and is pretty hyped for it, so I'll be waiting to hear what she thinks. Some of the recent rpg maker games that I've played have been rather good, hopefully this one will join that list.

I'm suprised there's such a market for these cookie-cutter RPG maker games. Good for those developers I guess, but I'll pass.

On the dev-side:
RPG Maker RPGs are one of the very few options to create a 50+ hour game with a very small team.

On the customer side:
RPG Maker games look often similar and share some game mechanics, but story-wise there are some great games among them, because the devs can concentrate on story-telling instead of developing new game techniques. Many gamers (me included) love that.

Those that avoid rpg-maker type games, for whatever reasons, are doing themselves a huge disservice, assuming they are fans of turn-based games similar to Final Fantasy (the ones worth playing, like one through twelve, not the janky ones released in the past five years or so). Most of these are solid games, giving you a great deal of entertainment while not taxing the wallet too much.

Bah I've been playing RPGMaker games for years. I'm not kidding all the way back to RPGMaker 2000, and most of the good ones for free. Now you have to buy them.

This is by the same developer of Einlanzer, another RPG Maker game that I really enjoyed. Actually, the only other RPG Maker game I enjoyed. So, I'm excited to give this one a whirl. Combat looks more nuanced in this game too. Looking forward to it.

Whoa, I'd no idea it was from the same folks that did Einlanzer. Now it's for certain, I will be getting this!! Einlanzer is an excellent game, one I enjoyed immensely and I know I'll be replaying.

This looks good actually.

Hey just so you guys know there is a 8 hour demo that you can play for free on steam and you can carryover your save if you decide to buy..I have played maybe an hour it looks quite nice.

EDIT: Follow up I really like this game, deeper then it looks and nice and feels nostalgic at the same time. Will buy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom